Who's with me?

Options

Replies

• helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I'm still cutting down my drink and this week several people have said I have really bright eyes, great complexion and silky hair! I have felt like a prized labrador! I'm only drinking on special occasions.
    I wonder what happened to Opal, did she find the alcohol again I worry??
    Opal where are you?
  • opal24
    opal24 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm still here :smile:

And here's where I got to with my no wining: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/opal24/view/the-life-changer-474531

Nice to know you're still going well!
  • helenoftroy1
    Options
    I've posted on your blog post, but I will just say again now how amazing you have done and the best of luck for the future.
    :drinker:
  • opal24
    opal24 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Thank you :blushing:

And yes, I will definitely pop in here occasionally to see what people are up to!
  • strugglng
    Options
    Newbie here. Was so great to read all of your stories and see that I'm not alone. I'm 43, married, two teenage children and have increased daily alcohol consumption for the last 25 years. I drink too much, and then eat too much, and am setting a poor example to boot. Last five years my weight has been inconsistent...and last two years I have lost control. I'm up 15 lbs. I can't lose and only go up. Many health risks from my family history will put me in dire straights if I let this weight gain continue and I'm pretty confident it only goes up from here if I don't take some drastic measures. So -- taking the plunge and giving up my nightly wine/other alcohol intake. It's day 3 for me. No side effects to speak of and I've lost 2 lbs. of water weight. I am sleeping SO, SO soundly. I love that. I had almost given up on the idea of sleeping an entire night through from beginning to end. I'm psychologically addicted, I know, so the hardest part will be keeping this up for the long term. I think it's time to be honest and say I've been here before---I know how easy it is to fall back into the daily routine---so I don't think I can be a casual drinker again. I hope to be a regular poster in this group. Thanks to the founder of this group ... I look forward to giving and receiving support. My goal is to lose 18 lbs. I can't believe I've let it get that high...it's just not me. Time to get back to the me I know I should be! :smile:
  • strugglng
    Options
    Yay to sound sleeping!!
  • helenoftroy1
    Options
    I'd just like to say that I have been really good this year and kept my wine for the weekend, downside, tolerance level lower, didn't realise have been majorly pissed and hung over! Whoopsie!
  • DZRcat
    DZRcat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Day 1 done and it was hard to do. Habits are hard to break. I'm looking forward to checking my weight this Friday to see if things improve but more looking forward to feeling happy if I've been successful in not consuming wine 5 days in a row. If I make it, I will continue on the path and weigh in on Friday's with my no alcohol day counts.
  • DZRcat
    DZRcat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It was hard especially the first 3 days but I made it with the 5 days of NO alcohol. It'll still be mentally hard because habits are hard to break especially with good and bad stress.

I've lost 3 pounds.

What I did different:
    1. No alcohol for 5 days in a row.
    2. No salty snacks.
    3. Only one sweet (slice of homemade banana bread)
    4. Increased my calories 250, totaling 1450 instead of 1200.

What I did the same:
    1. Track my food and exercise.
    2. Exercised.

Goal:
    Continue with "What I did different".

How I feel:
    Good

Reward:
    Success and freedom
  • shadowfeet33
    shadowfeet33 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this group and happy to have found it. Day 1.
  • strugglng
    Options
    Day 1 done and it was hard to do. Habits are hard to break. I'm looking forward to checking my weight this Friday to see if things improve but more looking forward to feeling happy if I've been successful in not consuming wine 5 days in a row. If I make it, I will continue on the path and weigh in on Friday's with my no alcohol day counts.

Great job!!! Keep it up! The weight will come off. After two weeks I felt so so much better.
  • strugglng
    Options

I'm on five weeks and counting -- feel great! You can do this. :):smile:
  • LadyMud17
    LadyMud17 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Day 4,, this is usually my hardest day,,,,, But if I don't go to the store, it won't be in the house :)
  • shadowfeet33
    shadowfeet33 Posts: 45 Member
    Options

I'm on five weeks and counting -- feel great! You can do this. :):smile:

@struggling......thank you! Day 24 now :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One day at a time.....
  • tallmansix
    Options
    It's been a relief reading all the replies on here. So many people don't have a 'problem' with alcohol in the sense that it is taking over their lives or being destructive, but it is simply so enjoyable that it makes a regular appearance.

I've been an on/off drinker, I'll go 2 weeks without a drink then binge one night and can't stop for another few weeks until I finally get fed up with it. Cycle starts again and has done for years.

I don't want to give it up forever, I do want a drink now and then. but just wish I knew how to have 'just one drink' and just for that occasion instead of for a few weeks.

Had 2 days of drinking in the last 4 weeks, and nothing for the last 2 weeks. That's good for me but it feels like time to have one again. Resisting anyway, trying to just have one per month.
  • jmelindy
    jmelindy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It's been a relief reading all the replies on here. So many people don't have a 'problem' with alcohol in the sense that it is taking over their lives or being destructive, but it is simply so enjoyable that it makes a regular appearance.(quote)

THIS!!! ME TOO
  • jmelindy
    jmelindy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i just dont know how to use the quote thing lol
  • SlytherinBat
    SlytherinBat Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Wine lover here. I usually have at least two glasses of that tantalizing beverage every night. I'm a SAHM with three kids. I soooo look forward to that glass at the end of the day but alas, I'm gaining. I don't want to stop cold turkey. I hope to only indulge on weekends. Hopefully I can resist the temptation during the week.
  • calmandpeaceful
    calmandpeaceful Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I have 4 daughters - preteen/teen - and I hear you. I feel like I have to have the wine at night. But it has turned into a bottle.
  • motivatedww
    Options
    Since these posts are more than a year old I wonder how many have stuck with it. I am going to abstain until I reach my goal weight, which should ensure that I never drink again :) I have 23 pounds to lose but it might as well be 123--I know I should be grateful that it's not and that my goal is attainable but that's not how I'm feeling right now. I want to eat healthily--I will focus my 'control' efforts on not having my 2 glasses of wine with lunch or dinner every day. I can do this.::happy:

3309941.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods