100 Pushup Challenge

Options

Replies

• Ecce_Signum
    Ecce_Signum Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Im In!!! Hope its ok if i do the modified push ups though... My upper body is not that strong!!! :-)
    Hey Shantae, hop aboard and no probs with the modified pushups - we'll have you doing 'regular' pushups in no time ;)
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Im In!!! Hope its ok if i do the modified push ups though... My upper body is not that strong!!! :-)

Welcome aboard!!! :flowerforyou: I've been doing this whole round on my knees, and I'm seeing great improvements this way! (I can even do some on my toes now!!!)
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options
    Don't think I was properly prepared for today, was following Week 6, Day 2, Col 2... 20/20/23/23/20/20/18/18/53 total 215 (yes, two hundred and fifteen!!!). I did falter on #42 on the final rep but picked myself up, took some deep breaths and finished but boy do I ache now.

Carpet shampooing by hand now if I get the use of my arms back ;)
  • cmeiron
    Options
    (yes, two hundred and fifteen!!!)

DAYUM. You're my hero :flowerforyou:
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options

hehe but, think of me as being the person feeling the pain you will do in a few weeks time so, call me your guinea pig rather than hero ;)
  • ronboy1979
    ronboy1979 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Week 5 Day 2 complete

10/10/13/13/10/10/9/25 total 100 woop woop

The last 5 of the 25 set were tough but I was able to complete without stopping.

Set up a redo of this day the next day I complete
  • ronboy1979
    Options
    WOWZERS that's awesome!!!!![

quote]
    Don't think I was properly prepared for today, was following Week 6, Day 2, Col 2... 20/20/23/23/20/20/18/18/53 total 215 (yes, two hundred and fifteen!!!). I did falter on #42 on the final rep but picked myself up, took some deep breaths and finished but boy do I ache now.

Carpet shampooing by hand now if I get the use of my arms back ;)
    [/quote]
  • ronboy1979
    Options
    AWESOME job keep it going

Week 2 Day 3, final set: 20
    I CAN DO 20 PUSHUPS IN A ROW!!!
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options
    Week 5 Day 2 complete

The last 5 of the 25 set were tough but I was able to complete without stopping.

Ron, Kudos for the ton up! And congratulations for not stopping on the last set, I find rather than dying slowly I'm fine then all of a sudden I'm beat and can't push myself to complete it and have to hold the top of the pushup to regain some breath before continuing and have had to complete some sets on my knees - this is a (very) tough challenge.
  • cmeiron
    Options

hehe but, think of me as being the person feeling the pain you will do in a few weeks time so, call me your guinea pig rather than hero ;)

*whines* Why must you SPOIL it for me??? :sad:
  • cmeiron
    Options
    Week 5 Day 2 complete

Nice work, Ron!
  • cmeiron
    Options
    Week 5/Day 2: 10/13/13/10/10/9/30 = 95 (!) I've never actually added them up before. Wow!
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options
    Week 5/Day 2: 10/13/13/10/10/9/30 = 95 (!) I've never actually added them up before. Wow!

Well done you! And you should join the '100+ Club' next time :)
  • lifewithmikey
    lifewithmikey Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Day 2
    Holy crap! Today was easier than Tuesday, but still difficult... I think warming up longer helped...
    10/12/8/8/max12
  • cmeiron
    Options
    Week 3 Day 2
    Holy crap! Today was easier than Tuesday, but still difficult... I think warming up longer helped...
    10/12/8/8/max12

Awesome!! It's funny how some days are brutal then all of a sudden the next time they feel great :)
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options
    Week 3 Day 2
    10/12/8/8/max12

Awesome!! It's funny how some days are brutal then all of a sudden the next time they feel great :)
    Yup, agree some days are better than others. I find that I can go well but rather than go through a stage of struggling but coping I tend to go well then die within 2-3 push ups then have to take some breaths whilst holding the top of the push up before I can struggle through a few more. Am pretty sure there are not that many people around that can claim to be able to do 100 push ups in a set and I'm (currently) one of the many lol.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Wow, this was a rough one. Been a tough (life stuff), so I almost forgot to get this one in!:blushing:

Week 5, Day 2. Following Week 5, Col 2: 18/18/20/20/14/14/16/41(max) = 161

Had to go to knees on some in the max set. Whew!
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options
    Wow, this was a rough one. Been a tough (life stuff), so I almost forgot to get this one in!:blushing:

Week 5, Day 2. Following Week 5, Col 2: 18/18/20/20/14/14/16/41(max) = 161

Had to go to knees on some in the max set. Whew!
    Well done for 'pushing' through to the end of the last set :)

Great day for me and really wasn't looking forward to this... My fifth week and was following Week 6, Day 3, Col 2 22/22/30/30/25/25/18/18/55 (total 245). The last 10 really drained me but stayed off my knees this time and took a couple of breathers at the top. Exhaustion test for me tomorrow or Sunday to see if I can progress to column 3 next week.
  • cmeiron
    Options

Sorry to hear things have been challenging :flowerforyou: Way to persist despite the stuff that's going on!

Great day for me and really wasn't looking forward to this... My fifth week and was following Week 6, Day 3, Col 2 22/22/30/30/25/25/18/18/55 (total 245). The last 10 really drained me but stayed off my knees this time and took a couple of breathers at the top. Exhaustion test for me tomorrow or Sunday to see if I can progress to column 3 next week.

Awesome work, Ecce! Can't wait to see your results!!!
  • aekimz23
    aekimz23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Week 2, day 2: 14/16/12/12/40, beat my personal max by 10!! :D