Do you ever wish...

Options
veggiehottie
veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
You were the kind of person who could be in a FWB type situation?

I was raised a nice Catholic girl, so could never actually go through with it. But it would solve soooooo many problems.

Hmph!

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I could never do it, but I wish I could as well. I know I would have to be in love with a guy before having sex with him, because it's such a big thing, but if that wasn't a thing for me, it would be nice solely for the experience.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking alot about the FWB situation lately.

For me, it's not that I couldn't have casual sex with a man, but my fear is falling for him....and since it is a FWB set up, that would be breaking all the rules. I just don't understand how a women (or even the man) can do it and not feel more/want a relationship, etc.

Maybe I am in this frame of mind becuase I want a long term relationship and marriage?

Now that being said, I did have a FWB with an ex becuase I knew there was NO WAY I could be with him (he was a gambling addict) We would part ways and I never once thought about him. In the end I had to cut if off becuase I have more self respect I realized ... Disclaimer: not more self respect than a FWB situation, more self respect than to see that man. Before I found out he was an addict he NEVER had time for me, so for me to just give him sex now with no obligation really just gives him what he wanted all a long, in a sense. He doesn't deserve me as a FWB I guess

So really, I am not against FWB situations, but for me the fear of falling for the man and it not being returned is too00 great, I want a LTR and marriage and will work for that instead.
  • baraccus
    baraccus Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends on your choice...if its somebody you are interested in and care about then an FWB will end horribly, but someone who are you are entirely content being friends only with could work. Granted i've only had a few of these situations and they didn't last too long, so who knows how it would all work out in the long run...maybe that's the key, they can work, but not for an extended amount of time? But who knows, you might both decide later its worth something more to you.
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think for me, sex really has to be connected to love/deep feelings. It would just be really hard to be with a man and not have my feelings involved, either before or after getting involved with him sexually.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Sometimes.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I'm a sap....I'm the kind that develops feelings. I tried a FWB back in November and that lasted about a minute. Sometimes I wish I could have one, because honestly, I would like a *good* regular lay.... But, I'd rather have a relationship so I'll stick with good ole BOB for now. :ohwell:
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think for me, sex really has to be connected to love/deep feelings. It would just be really hard to be with a man and not have my feelings involved, either before or after getting involved with him sexually.

Friendships involve feelings. You can still care about the person you are nailing on a continual basis, you just don't have to get in an argument if you forget to text them goodnight.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Take your morality compass

Find the nearest cliff

Frisbee said compass off the cliff

Life gets much simpler, and more enjoyable.
  • christine24t
    Options

Find the nearest cliff

That's a little insulting...
  • zachatta
    Options

Find the nearest cliff

Aww did i make you cry on the internet?

Sadly it is pretty good advice. You can take it or leave it.
  • christine24t
    Options

Find the nearest cliff

No you didn't make me cry.

It isn't good advice. At least for me, I have morals for a reason. If no one had morals this world would be ****.
  • zachatta
    Options

Find the nearest cliff

It isn't good advice. At least for me, I have morals for a reason. If no one had morals this world would be ****.

Ok.
  • christine24t
    Options

Find the nearest cliff

Ok.

Good.
    Not sure why you felt the need to butt in on a topic you clearly think is stupid and offer your opinion in which your opinion was not soliticed.
    That would be like me jumping in on a thread about the best sex moves - pointless.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options

Find the nearest cliff

Ok.

Good.
    Not sure why you felt the need to butt in on a topic you clearly think is stupid and offer your opinion in which your opinion was not soliticed.
    That would be like me jumping in on a thread about the best sex moves - pointless.

:drinker: Well said, Christine.

To answer the OP, yes, I sometimes do. For me, it's less of a moral issue at the heart of things ie. less about 'right' and 'wrong' in the abstract, and more to do with protecting myself emotionally from the repercussions a FWB would almost certainly produce for me ie. what's 'right' or 'wrong' for my personality, my mental and emotional state and the way I feel about physical intimacy. That said, it would undoubtedly sometimes be simpler if I were different in this regard.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Yes, sometimes I do.

But I'm just too lazy to ring the girls and go to their place.
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I tried it..he flaked..
    I think I could do it if it was a solid on going thing..but if its just a bunch of random one night stands that I don't want.
    I am just going to leave it alone for now. I know what I want in a fwb and I know what I want in a relationship they are different.
    Can't seem to find either. lol.
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking alot about the FWB situation lately.

For me, it's not that I couldn't have casual sex with a man, but my fear is falling for him....and since it is a FWB set up, that would be breaking all the rules. I just don't understand how a women (or even the man) can do it and not feel more/want a relationship, etc.

Maybe I am in this frame of mind becuase I want a long term relationship and marriage?

Now that being said, I did have a FWB with an ex becuase I knew there was NO WAY I could be with him (he was a gambling addict) We would part ways and I never once thought about him. In the end I had to cut if off becuase I have more self respect I realized ... Disclaimer: not more self respect than a FWB situation, more self respect than to see that man. Before I found out he was an addict he NEVER had time for me, so for me to just give him sex now with no obligation really just gives him what he wanted all a long, in a sense. He doesn't deserve me as a FWB I guess

So really, I am not against FWB situations, but for me the fear of falling for the man and it not being returned is too00 great, I want a LTR and marriage and will work for that instead.

This! I am not against the FWB situations either but it usually ends with one or the other falling for the other person. I really don't see how it couldn't. I mean personally I have been in the FWB situation with one guy and I ended up falling for him. He had made it clear from the beginning that he was not looking for a relationship but even at that didn't stop me from hoping that he would change his mind because lets face it I am not one to sleep with just anyone and I already felt an emotional connection to him before I ever slept with him the first time. It just got worse after it went along because I totally fell for him and he never changed his mind about what he was looking for. Lesson learned from this situation is listen to what a man says. If they say they aren't looking for a relationship that is exactly what they mean.

But I'm right there with kimad in that I am looking for something long term, but I am just not having any luck finding guys that are looking for that.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I never really wanted to have a FWB. I'm sure it would be fun for a while and all, but it doesn't seem like it would be very fulfilling. I'd rather focus my efforts on finding a sex partner that I actually like. I do wish though when I'm in a relationship that I didn't constantly have to think about someone else's feelings.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options

Find the nearest cliff

Sometimes I think it is ok to do this...as long as the "said frisbee" comes back and your morals return.
    Good people get screwed hard (no pun intended) everyday over having "morals" and doing things the right way
    Just don't go doing anything malicious or henious.... i.e. no raping, no robbing, no stealing etc... the big ones...

Sitting back and being sad that you wish you could do something but you won't because "you say you can't"....just go do it. If you have the physical capability and you know how to do whatever it is...do it, experience it, and at the end if you didn't like the experience, don't do it again.
    I say do alot of things at least once in your life.

Confession: I may have just listened to Eminems "Lose Yourself" this morning....so that might be some of my motivation.
  • zachatta
    Options

Find the nearest cliff

Ok.

Good.

What are you talking about'?

Do you even think?

The topic is: I wish I could have a FWB situation. The implied situation was "I cannot because of some arbitrary morality values that hold me back. My advice was to get rid of arbitrary morality values that hold you back.

You maam, are the only one being stupid. You have never had a "bf" yet you continue to live in a fantasy land where all men are knights and should come charm YOU.

HOWEVER you have the audacity to come tell me what I said is stupid? Maybe YOU should lose your arbitrary morality values, or die alone.

My comment was never directed at you, It was directed at OP as advice, just because you cannot understand what I am saying doesn't mean you need to go on a holy crusade against me.

So maybe YOU should butt out of the topic?

To note:

Well using this same line of logic, since apparently you cry every other day on this board about men not coming to talk to you or whatever, and also you have never been in any kind of relationship, you posting in this thread should be irrelevant too, amirite?
This discussion has been closed.