Any clean Eaters?

Options
2»

Replies

• jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am starting tomorrow to follow the clean eating principles.

i have done it before and i lost 21lbs in 5weeks without even trying, was wondering if any other uk people followed this lifestyle? if so please friend me as need as much support as i can get x
    [/quote

I'd be very concerned about the amount of muscle you may be losing as well with that kind of weight loss in such a small time period. Be very careful, you need to hang onto your lean muscle as much as possible when cutting back your calories.
  • perkypolly
    perkypolly Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hate to say it but maybe this thread is a wind up-the member who started it has an open diary and she seems to exist on processed foods ...

thanks surryhills, its an interesting thread, although the original post could be a wind up, I would like to know more about eating clean. Like I stated when I replied to the post I try not to eat processed foods. I cant say I am 100% at it because sometimes its unavoidable, but I really like the concept of it.

I haven't been a big red meat eater for years now and only tend to stick to chicken or fish and the occasional game foods if I know where its been sourced I do try to eat raw when I can and although I will eat things like cereal and pulses. do these fall under the highly processed foods ?? I really don't know. also I do have a thing for tinned chopped tomatoes but am considering doing my own, so I know what's gone into them. processed foods sometimes creeps back into the diet especially if eating out, ie I am a sucker for a subway I am going to do some research into the diet
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Have to admire you for that Polly I do cook from scratch mostly but use canned and frozen fruit and veg too. There seem to be lots of people in US who do it. So good luck.
  • x3na1401
    x3na1401 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I eat maybe 75% clean. The only processed foods I eat are cereal as snacks, low cal hot chocolate, I eat a lot of quorn and cheese. I also use Splenda. Other than that I cook everything from scratch.

I wouldn't say I'm a strict clean eater as I don't follow the 5 ingredient rule (for some people it's less than 3!!) I just prefer simple fresh foods.

Feel free to add me if you want :)

This is me too. I also have protein powder as I'm a vegetarian. But mostly everything we eat I make. So 80% clean id say
  • carly_am
    carly_am Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I don't get the "less than 5 ingredients" thing?

Why does it matter if I make something from scratch that has 10 different things in it? Am I missing something?

i would also like to know the answer!!!

I believe it refers to the items that you buy, for example if you buy a yoghurt, but it has a million flavourings or chemicals in it. So it isn't the amount of ingredients you use to cook something, but making sure each individual item is as clean and 'simple' as possible.

I don't know if I've explained that very well! Basically think of it as rather than using dolmio sauce make pasta sauce yourself from scratch :)
  • x3na1401
    Options

Why does it matter if I make something from scratch that has 10 different things in it? Am I missing something?

Well I recon if you can't pronounce ALL of the ingredients, don't eat it.

I believe it refers to the items that you buy, for example if you buy a yoghurt, but it has a million flavourings or chemicals in it. So it isn't the amount of ingredients you use to cook something, but making sure each individual item is as clean and 'simple' as possible.

I don't know if I've explained that very well! Basically think of it as rather than using dolmio sauce make pasta sauce yourself from scratch :)
  • x3na1401
    Options

• x3na1401
    Options
    Man my phones gone craaaazzzyyyyy

Must be operator error! :)

This was what I wanted to say :
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    It's just nonsense touted by uneducated health and fitness 'experts'.

Doesn't air have more than five ingredients?
  • x3na1401
    Options
    Nonsence to eat foods which haven't got E numbers, GMO or other additives ??

Haha. This is a joke, right ?? Lol
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    surely it might be easier to moderate portions and cook from scratch as much as possible
  • 366to266
    366to266 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    yes i am a clean eater. none of the foods i eat contain more than five ingredients; most have one
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't say I eat clean but I do try to avoid too much processed food and we don't eat ready meals, much prefering to make a lasagne than wonder what DID happen to Shergar ;)

The advantage has to be you have more control over sugar and salt levels never mind all the preservatives but I'm not a slave to it - I don't make bread for example as life gets in the way!