Started ChaLEAN Extreme this week!!

Options
LisaGirlfriend
LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
I started Monday and have done the Burn Circuit 1 and 2 so far. I can barely sit today. My glutes are burning!! Love it so far. Anyone else just starting, or had great results you can share with me?

Replies

• twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    You'll be sore for a little while as you begin the program but just try to consistently increase your weights when you feel you can to get best results.

I love this program!!! I'm on my 2nd round right now in the Lean Phase!!!

ETA: If you haven't already, make sure you take your measurements!! I have found that while the scale barely moves for me during this program, I have been losing inches!! It helps keep me encouraged to see the inches minimizing when the scale barely shows progress!!!
  • Jessies_journey
    Jessies_journey Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    <--yep! I started Monday as well!!! Can't wait to see what these next 90 days brings!!
  • amomono
    amomono Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    welcome ladies! I have done two months now and you will be so surprised at how strong you get!!!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    Definitely take your measurements and even take pictures to monitor your progress. The scale doesn't tell the whole story!
  • Mom2M_and_O
    Mom2M_and_O Posts: 214
    Options
    Definitely take your measurements and even take pictures to monitor your progress. The scale doesn't tell the whole story!

^^^^^^^^^
    This is for real! I've not lost much on the scale at all, but inches most definitely. Also lost several ticks off the BeachBody calipers that came with my set, although I don't put a lot of stock in the body fat number they say it translates to. But still, it's another way to measure progress.
  • kristi321
    kristi321 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this week too. I bought the set last year but haven't done the complete program until now.
  • LisaGirlfriend
    Options
    yes I did exactly what the guide said to do: measurements, pictures, etc. I did the cardio yesterday (day 3) and almost died!!! Holy CRAP!!! Great burn on the HRM. Today is Burn Circuit 3. I love how every time is different and you never know what's going to happen - haha!!! I feel very strong and lean already and it's only day 4! Love it!!
  • amomono
    amomono Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    awesome, LisaGirlfrien! Yes, the cardio sets are intense... they have always been intense for me, even after getting to week 9!
  • LisaGirlfriend
    Options
    Wow a ton of squats on Burn Circuit 3!! Today is ?? Heading down to do it soon. Really enjoying the different workouts. I'm used to Jillian who does the same workout over and over for 7-10 days before a change. Love the guessing with CLX!
  • apittmanrn
    apittmanrn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    What weights is everyone starting with? I'm pretty strong, and I have resistance bands and 10# dumbbells. I was planning to start after Brazilian Butt Lift, but I can't afford the adjustable dumbbells yet. Any ideas?
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    What weights is everyone starting with? I'm pretty strong, and I have resistance bands and 10# dumbbells. I was planning to start after Brazilian Butt Lift, but I can't afford the adjustable dumbbells yet. Any ideas?
    Get the plates and spin lock adjustable ones. They are nowhere near as expensive as the Selecttech type ones.
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Great to see others starting now. As some of you, I bought the program a few months ago but haven't started it. I'm having difficulty putting together a workout that fits my schedule. The 2 cardio days are almost an hour and can't fit them during the week...sooo not sure how I'm going to do this...BUT no matter what I'm starting Monday - NO more procrastinating!!!
  • Alioops831
    Alioops831 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Great to see others starting now. As some of you, I bought the program a few months ago but haven't started it. I'm having difficulty putting together a workout that fits my schedule. The 2 cardio days are almost an hour and can't fit them during the week...sooo not sure how I'm going to do this...BUT no matter what I'm starting Monday - NO more procrastinating!!!

You can rearrange the schedule and just do the cardio on the weekend. I always keep the hardest workout for Saturday because I have the most time then, usually.
  • LisaGirlfriend
    Options
    I'm doing 5, 8 and 12 pound weights. I need to buy 10 and 15 pounds I think. Today was Burn It Off (30 min cardio) and Recharge (30 min stretch). LOVED it!!! Way better than the cardio the other day. Tomorrow is rest, but I'm going to do Burn 1 and take my rest on Monday because I have time tomorrow. Loving this program so far.
  • giusa
    Options
    Thanks Alioops831! I kept that in mind while putting a schedule together.

And FINALLY came up with something that can fit my weekday schedule…

Monday – Burn Circuit 1 (36 min)
    Tuesday - Burn It Off (27 min)
    Wednesday - Burn Circuit 2 (38 min)
    Thursday - Recharge & Abs (32 min)
    Friday - Burn Circuit 3 (33 min)
    Saturday - Burn Intervals (46 min)

I usually have 30 min during the week (the longest is 38, I'll deal with it), and squeeze the longest (46 min) on Saturday. Won't have my 2 rest days, but that's ok...
  • LisaGirlfriend
    Options
    that sounds like a good plan. I hear you about squeezing it in. I do it after work, before kids get home and have to get dinner on the table!! It's a rush so I'm happy it's usually short.

Today I went to second week - Burn Circuit 1 again. Felt great. Also went out and bought 10 1b dumbbells and a digital food scale finally!!
  • JHart0816
    JHart0816 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting this week. I started CLX about 6 weeks ago but hurt my back. I'm not sure what I did to hurt it, but I'm hoping I can get back into this without hurting it again.
  • giusa
    Options
    JHart0816, did you watch the Basics clip, it was very informative, and detailed every move...

Did anyone take the test? I didn't get a chance and would like to hear from any one who did it...expecially anyone who finished the program.
  • LisaGirlfriend
    Options
    I took the test before I started, and will do it at the end. I have a foot injury from 1 year ago that is flaring up. I think it's from all the lunges... and that crazy first cardio session - might have to modify.
  • JHart0816
    JHart0816 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    JHart0816, did you watch the Basics clip, it was very informative, and detailed every move...

Did anyone take the test? I didn't get a chance and would like to hear from any one who did it...expecially anyone who finished the program.

Thanks for the recommendation! I didn't watch the Basics clip. Hopefully I can do that tonight so that I'm ready for my workout tomorrow!