why do you like being single?

Options

Replies

• CrowdStoppa
    Options
    I can play nice too. May i ask who is currently moderating? Would you please kindly reply in a message? I do have questions...and I'm not trying to be a jerk-

Any questions you have may be directed to the moderators by clicking on 'report post'. Thanks ~ Moderator
  • CrowdStoppa
    Options
    So very sorry to anyone I may have offended. I will take consideration in any further posts making sure to respect others regardless of how others may act.

Thanking you for your kind consideration. We would like to keep this forum as a friendly place to visit, not a hostile environment! If others are disrespectful to you, then please report the post ~ Moderator
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    post deleted by moderator - please do not come into this forum to throw insults - thanks!!

Oh man, what did I miss.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Check Zach's thread.
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    deleted by request ~ Mod
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I like being single because well it is what I know and change is scary.

Yeah. This is me too. My last relationship was long distance. In fact, I haven't been in a relationship that wasn't long distance since college. And there's kind of a new guy, and we live within about a 10-minute walk of each other, and it has made things sort of awkward. It's new, so I don't want there to be too much "togetherness" too soon, but I also feel like living so close and not seeing him very often is kind of rude. I am not good at this.
  • Cliffy94
    Cliffy94 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I enjoy having abit more time to do things for myself, and im cautious of getting hurt again i guess! Ex's have made me feel really insecure in the past like they were embarrassed of me, and im aiming to change that now!
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I love being single. In fact, I'd gotten so used to be single that I'm struggling a bit in my current relationship.

Things I love(d) about being single:

1. I can do whatever I want. If I want to spend a day in my PJs catching up on my DVR. that is my choice. There is no one there to try to guilt me into getting off my butt.
    2. I can go wherever I want. If I want to go out, I do; if I want to stay home, I do. Whatever. I don't have to deal with anyone else's preferences. My day is mine to do with as I please.
    3. I can eat whatever I want. Sometimes I just want a bowl of cereal for dinner. It's so much easier to maintain weight when you are single!
    4. I don't have to deal with anyone else's family events and family drama.
    5. I don't have to deal with anyone else's friends and/or friend drama.
    6. I can watch whatever I want on television.
    7. I don't have to shave my legs every day in the winter.
    8. I save more money. I tend to go out less when I'm single. I don't have to buy lingerie. I don't have to buy anyone presents.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I've been single for so long, I don't know how I'd be when I find someone. I do miss the companionship, sexy time, etc etc.

^^^
  • azhcanedition
    azhcanedition Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Not particularly enjoying it....seven year itch isn't suppose to be literal...
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    1. I can do whatever I want. If I want to spend a day in my PJs catching up on my DVR. that is my choice. There is no one there to try to guilt me into getting off my butt.
    2. I can go wherever I want. If I want to go out, I do; if I want to stay home, I do. Whatever. I don't have to deal with anyone else's preferences. My day is mine to do with as I please.
    3. I can eat whatever I want. Sometimes I just want a bowl of cereal for dinner. It's so much easier to maintain weight when you are single!

Love all these reasons, especially 1.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Not particularly enjoying it....seven year itch isn't suppose to be literal...

Ouch, you see your doctor about that?
  • FallingInLoveWithMe
    FallingInLoveWithMe Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Not particularly enjoying it....

me neither

different reason tho lolz
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    bumping for later. I think i'm really enjoying being single especially over the last few months when I've had all the time in the world to do exactly what I want , when I want. not to be selfish but to focus on myself and my goals and improving myself both mentally, physically and in my career. :drinker:
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I like being single because it's better than settling for anything less than I deserve just for the sake of being in a relationship.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    1. No Sports Center/Phillies game/video game blaring from the TV 24 hours a day.
    2. I don't have to watch guy movies ALLLLL the time. Yes, some of them are good, but I'll watch them on my own time and if I want to see a specific one. My ex keeps asking me to watch things like Superman and Night of the Living Dead. :frown: (btw it's not happening. at all.) How about something we'd BOTH enjoy?
    3. My other ex was constantly broke even though he had a full time decent paying job. He always ate my food that mysteriously he couldn't chip in for, then go buy $60 video games.
    4. No suspicions/cheating/lying/drama/watching him hide his phone
    5. Not wondering "where this is going" and overanalyzing everything or if I did or said something wrong
    6. I can hang out with my guy friends or have a girls night out without having to explain to anyone, nor do I have to worry about his guy's night out. On the other hand, I think both are important in a relationship. Figure that one out.
    7. I do what I want! And who I want. Well, for the most part...sometimes... :blushing:
    8. No guilt trips about anything. I second the notion of staying in your PJ's on the couch all day and eating cereal for dinner. Plus I take naps sometimes. I don't want to hear that I sleep too much!
    9. Speaking of sleeping, I am VERY strict about my sleep schedule. Do not ask me to stay up later, or call out of work. I am responsible. You should be too. Also, if you sleep with the TV on, we will not work out. At all.
    10. I'm allergic to anything that sheds. I don't have to deal with dog/cat hair all over me and sneezing incessantly and scratching my itchy red eyes to death because he has 3 cats or 2 German Shepherds. Love big dogs, but unless they're hypoallergenic, I can't live with them.
    11. I don't have to deal with anyone else's kids or baby mama drama. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE kids, and I want my own, but I can't deal with his if they're bad. If they're good kids and you do more with them than scream at them then the more the merrier. :happy:

And of course, this:
    I like being single because it's better than settling for anything less than I deserve just for the sake of being in a relationship.

I may be a bit picky. Hence why I've been single for 6 years and counting (the aforementioned ex was a 2 month stint that in the overall scheme of things don't count). :sad:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    ..... (the aforementioned ex was a 2 month stint that in the overall scheme of things don't count). :sad:

I was kinda hoping the aforementioned ex wasn't around long!! Jeez, what a douche!
  • KurtK1970
    KurtK1970 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    There are DOZENS of reasons why I prefer being single, but what my situation boils down to is that I am just VERY much a homebody and I'm happiest when I am at home alone watching television or a movie.
    The most frustrating aspect of the whole thing, to me, is that fact that friends and family are seemingly unable to understand or accept this fact and are constantly trying to set me up with someone or telling me "you need someone" or "don't worry, you will find someone."
    Argh! I understand that they care and are just trying to help, but it's frustrating.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    ..... (the aforementioned ex was a 2 month stint that in the overall scheme of things doesn't count). :sad:

I was kinda hoping the aforementioned ex wasn't around long!! Jeez, what a douche!

HAHA My thoughts exactly :drinker:
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I loved being single, but now that I'm in a healthy relationship I have to say I like it better.

I was just going to say this. I am in, what appears to be, my first healthy relationship and it just flows well, compliments my life, and I don't feel the need to check in, there is no roller coasters, etc.