*NEW TEAM DAFFODIL (JuneJulyAug 2013 Brides :)

Options

Replies

• kikiallain
    kikiallain Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Feeling a little better today so i'm going to head to the gym at lunch!! I haven't been since wednesday of last week so i'm really in need!! Unfortunetly it will only be for 35 minutes of cardio!! Hopefully tonight i'll be able to get a little something in!! As soon as I get used to the time change I have decided to go to the gym in the morning so I can get my hour workout done firs tthing in the morning and not have to worry about skipping at lunch because of nice weather or not having time to do my second workout after work!! Hopefully i'll stick to it all summer!!
  • kelly_gelinas
    kelly_gelinas Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Tis the Season to get sick. I have been sick the last two years at this exact time. And to no avail here I am again. Feels like I'm swallowing razor blades and someone is sitting on my head. The sinus pressure is so bad. I want to get a workout in today. I have a busy day ahead of me, so won't be till this afternoon. Glad to hear everyone is starting to feel better. Keep to it this week ladies.

Have a great Wednesday!
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Glad you're feeling better. Sounds like it was a rough weekend for many of us. This time change is kicking my butt. Waking up when it's dark, doesn't help me want to get moving especially when it's still cold out there. It'll be so much easier when I'm walking out to fresh cut grass and 70's instead of drear and 40's.

TOM is coming so I'm hoping to just ward off extra weight from eating and just deal with the bloat weight.

We did fairly well this week. I can't believe how much weight we have collectively lost. We're gonna be some hot brides at our weddings!
  • Fit_Is_Fabulous
    Fit_Is_Fabulous Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! Not sure if I'm still allowed in the group since I've not reported in like 4 weeks. Not an excuse, but I've been swamped with work, school, and then took a vacation with the future in laws!

*If I'm allowed to still report, can someone help catch me up to speed on who and when we report? Also, are we still doing STAR? Also, please friend me guys and harrass the hell out of me if you see me not logging on. I've got an iPhone for heaven's sake, so it isn't hard to track at minimum*

Well, I figured I'd check in also. 115 days until the big day, so it's approaching at a rapid pace. We booked our honeymoon today, so I'm extra motivated to get into that bikini! Also, my dress came in. I loved it, but all I can look at are my fat blob arms! With 16 weeks until the wedding that means 16 pounds is easily within reach, putting me at 120. I know I can do it!!

Here's some pictures of my dress, hopefully it looks better once I slim down.

1pw9x3.jpg

xd7dvl.jpg

xumw4.jpg
  • Drkchyld
    Drkchyld Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! Not sure if I'm still allowed in the group since I've not reported in like 4 weeks. Not an excuse, but I've been swamped with work, school, and then took a vacation with the future in laws!

*If I'm allowed to still report, can someone help catch me up to speed on who and when we report? Also, are we still doing STAR? Also, please friend me guys and harrass the hell out of me if you see me not logging on. I've got an iPhone for heaven's sake, so it isn't hard to track at minimum*

Well, I figured I'd check in also. 115 days until the big day, so it's approaching at a rapid pace. We booked our honeymoon today, so I'm extra motivated to get into that bikini! Also, my dress came in. I loved it, but all I can look at are my fat blob arms! With 16 weeks until the wedding that means 16 pounds is easily within reach, putting me at 120. I know I can do it!!

Omg!!!! Your arms are just fine. And your dress is stunning is so similar to mine ;-)
  • Tandksmommy11
    Options

Glad to hear from you! You can definitely still participate. You just need to send your weight each week to me. We aren't always doing STAR but there is always a challenge for the week. That's at the top of the board. :)

Your dress is amazing. And your arms are fine. If you really want to tone them up, that should be a piece of cake. You look great!
  • kikiallain
    Options
    You look awesome in your dress and welcome back to the team!!

I've been slacking with the workouts since last thursday but wentto the gym last night and then started my new early morning workout this morning.I meet up with a coworker at the gym at 6:15 and it worked this morning. I feel accomplished that I finised my workout and I have the whoel day ahead of me!I'm hoping this will fit better with my summer routine! No excuse that early in the morning! I want to get back on track and I feel this is the way to do it!

I want to get in the 160's so bad and say bye bye to the 170's in order to work towards my goal of 160 for the wedding!!
  • Tandksmommy11
    Options
    Where is everyone?! I only have 2 weigh ins for our team this week and 1 of them is mine!
  • bbtano
    bbtano Posts: 42
    Options
    I'm here! Just sent you mine! I gained---BOO! Sorry team.
  • Tandksmommy11
    Options
    Many of you have said you feel bad for not having bigger numbers for the team or feel bad for gaining.

There are so many reasons that this happens, don't get down on yourself. You're not letting anyone down. In the end, we all just want to look good for our wedding, be comfy with ourselves, and make friends along the way. We didn't gain overnight, we won't lose overnight.

Some of you are so close to goal, that's it's going to be very hard to lose those last few pesky pounds. You aren't failing- you just don't have the weight to lose to have big numbers.

Some of you have gained---I know I have! Whether it be because of TOM, injuries, illness, work travels, spring breaks, etc. We've all done it. It happens. The thing we need to remember is to pick ourselves up, dust off and start a new week. We will get there!

Don't give up! And don't feel bad!
  • kikiallain
    Options
    Hi everyone,

So i'm off for another business trip away and i'm planning ahead. I've brought with me all my meals (verified to make sure there was a fridge and microwave I could use), that way I know exactly what i'm eating. I am also planning on hitting the gym every night for atleast an hour because well, what else do I have to do after my meetings in a hotel!! Last time I went away I lost 4 pounds hahah!! Hopefully this time I can atleast bring myself to lower then 170!! hahah! I'll be back Wednesday night and be continuing my routine of early morning workouts on thursday and friday!!

I'm so close to my goal for this challenge (I believe I had put 169) but hoping I could get to my 165 goal instead. Just got to keep going to the gym and watching what I eat!

Let's keep pushing girls and help each other by being accountable to each other
  • bbtano
    Options
    That's great you are planning ahead and taking all your meals with you! That's dedication! I'm terrible at planning ahead, a fly by the seat of my pants kind of person.......which can get me into some real trouble at times! LOL

I'm sure you will do great and lose some weight with your eating and workout plans while you're away! Thanks for sharing your plans. :)
  • Methinksabout
    Options
    Just got my official MFP weighin today and I finally cracked the 20KG mark!! Soooo soo glad I finally got this - it was like a huge wall in front of me, laughing right in my face! Now eat this!! LOOL :-)

I have 20 weeks until my wedding and I would love to be in onederland by then! which means another 26lbs off - that sounds doable but I know I have to be more strict from now on - really have been slacking since I went dress shopping in January :-( this HAS to change!

You look stunning! Such a beautiful dress! And: I wish I had your arms!! *waves with flabby bingowings*

Hope you're all having a cracking week! Keep up the good work ladies!
  • Tandksmommy11
    Options
    Just got my official MFP weighin today and I finally cracked the 20KG mark!! Soooo soo glad I finally got this - it was like a huge wall in front of me, laughing right in my face! Now eat this!! LOOL :-)

I have 20 weeks until my wedding and I would love to be in onederland by then! which means another 26lbs off - that sounds doable but I know I have to be more strict from now on - really have been slacking since I went dress shopping in January :-( this HAS to change!

You look stunning! Such a beautiful dress! And: I wish I had your arms!! *waves with flabby bingowings*

Hope you're all having a cracking week! Keep up the good work ladies!

20 weeks! You just totally put it in perspective for me. Not long enough!! At least not for my diet. I need to get a move on and really focus. I have about 8lbs to go til onederland but it seems to hard for me to get there. We can do this though!

My thighs are KILLING me today from doing sumo squats 2 days ago. They hurt yesterday but they still hurt today. My legs feel like Jello when I try to go down steps. Or lowering myself to sit, yikes. I'm going to try to do more of them today I just hope to see some results by pushing through the pain.

I think I am going to take advantage of my works offer to pay for a gym membership. It's one of the perks of working there- but the membership has to be to Planet Fitness and I'm required to go 8 times a month or they won't pay for it. Scared of going alone though- I always do better with a buddy. Gonna see if H2B wants to go.
  • Amara15
    Amara15 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Sorry I missed weigh in last week! I was out of the country with no access. HOpe you guys had a great weekend!
  • Tandksmommy11
    Options
    Daffodils---I need your weights. :)

I lost this week as opposed to last week but I'm convinced it was mostly bloat and water from just having ended TOM. Did my measurements to get ready for the High Intensity challenge. I hope soem of you will be joining me!
  • kikiallain
    Options
    Wow... missed a few days being away on a business trip and I feel like the whole group has changed... i feel lost!! What am I suppose to do next?? Aren't we at Challenge week 12??
  • kikiallain
    Options
    Hey Daffodils,

Just read thru the new 6 week challenge and decided it just wasn't for me!! Getting too complicated and too much reporting to do! Kind of wish we would have just extended this challenge going. Anyways, i'm not done and i'll continue to challenge myself!! IF any of you want to add me and continue to motivate each other that would be great!!

Good luck to all of you who will continue on!!
  • Methinksabout
    Options
    Yupp, I took measurements as well - small changes in the right direction! :-) Curious to see how it will look in 6 weeks! :-)

Girls, our wedding dates are getting closer, are you getting excited or worried?? Am a strange combination of both ;-)
  • bbtano
    Options
    Hey Daffodils,

Just read thru the new 6 week challenge and decided it just wasn't for me!! Getting too complicated and too much reporting to do! Kind of wish we would have just extended this challenge going. Anyways, i'm not done and i'll continue to challenge myself!! IF any of you want to add me and continue to motivate each other that would be great!!

Good luck to all of you who will continue on!!

I feel the same way......way too much reporting and too complicated. I would've liked to do another 6 weeks of the same type of challenges we've had this past 12 weeks. I wish I had time to lead a group myself.......all of us who don't want to do the new one could make our own little group! LOL But I know my limitations as far as time (and stats too!) goes, so I can't commit to it.

I've enjoyed being part of the Daffodils for 12 weeks. Thanks for the encouragement and sharing. Good luck to all of you who are going on with the new six week challenge!