march 20
    march 27
    april 3
    april 10

:)
  • sglsusan
    sglsusan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My weight is 178 and I'd like to lose 8 lbs by the end of this challange. I've been looking for an accountability partner and I'm hoping this will motivate me. Does anyone know how I can get this group or members to show up on my iPhone App?
  • dreamhill
    dreamhill Posts: 28
    Options
    I am excited to join! It was all about the weigh ins when I was in weight watchers. Can't wait to watch the lbs drop
  • dreamhill
    dreamhill Posts: 28
    Options
    My weight today 183 lbs. I would like to lose as much as I can by the end of this challenge.
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I just noticed that the title of this group is spelled incorrectly...
  • daneiel
    daneiel Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone ! Hoping to bust through my goal instead of just achieving it

I'm hoping to do the same. I set my goal for something that should be achievable, but I'm hoping the challenge helps me to go beyond it. We'll see how it works out!

I was reading a new report that basically says you only need a single serving of grains in a day and that you get sufficient carbohydrates otherwise from eating fruits and vegetables. It says also that for effective weight loss you should double or triple your protein intake (well above and beyond the 50-60 grams a day recommended by the FDA currently) - so the protein calories replace the lost grain calories, among other things. So I'm planning on trying this out to see how it works. Today will be the third day of working to get my protein intake over 100g in a day. :) Cutting carbs is a little harder, but I'm trying.

The other thing it discusses, which I appreciate, is to NEVER let yourself be hungry for a long period of time. Staying hungry is not only self-defeating, because you hate feeling that way, but it also tells your body that it needs to save calories. So snacking isn't a bad thing, as long as it's healthy!

Good luck everyone!

I 2nd that: I had to eliminate alot of my favorite carbs from my diet I'm now slowly adding them ( low carbs )back and gauging my true hungry.
  • Adriennerp720
    Options
    Great tip...I just added you as a friend!! I need all the help I can get!! LOL
  • blkenigma8
    blkenigma8 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with food. I love to bake and cook and I want to someday have my own bakery. Sometimes I eat just to taste things. I wish there was a way where I could just spit it out instead of eating it. But I digress. What really worked for me was giving up carbs. Well, I eat it one day out of the week mostly on weekends when I go out with friends, but throughout the week no breads, pastas, corn, potatoes, nothing. Instead I fill up on meats, dairies, fruits and veggies. It's a lot easier than it sounds and you find good replacements on the way. Like using zucchini strips as spaghetti. I find sometimes that I struggle to get to my daily limit. And my portion sizes have gotten a lot smaller. When I do eat carbs I eat a lot less because my stomach has shrunken. I highly recommend it. Its easier than having diet things and low fat that.
    :)
  • 1tiamat
    1tiamat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I think at this point I need a day or two to rest.

As always do your best, then push yourself for 2 more sets! :)
  • sugah11
    sugah11 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    my weight today is 220.6 lowest I have been in 6 years! (my ticker shows 10lb since starting here but I have lost 25 since the beginning of the year!
  • mjhorner96
    Options
    Hey everybody!!

Just thought I should put somewhere in the group my goals.

Started using MFP full time last Thursday - 03/07/2013. Weight: 220
    03/06/2013 WI: 217

4 week goal - down 5 pounds (minimum)

Another goal is to start incorporating exercise 3/week. I hope to increase that as winter slowly goes away (live in rural Minnesota). :)

So excited to be here!
  • Gracie430
    Gracie430 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody!!

Just thought I should put somewhere in the group my goals.

Started using MFP full time last Thursday - 03/07/2013. Weight: 220
    03/06/2013 WI: 217

4 week goal - down 5 pounds (minimum)

Another goal is to start incorporating exercise 3/week. I hope to increase that as winter slowly goes away (live in rural Minnesota). :)

Great! I can use all the enthusiastic people I can find to keep me gong.

So excited to be here!
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options
    I just joined and this is my first group. So what do we do. . .we are having a Biggest Loser Challenge that begins tomorrow. We document our starting weight tomorrow and then our first weigh in on the 20th and post the weight lost?
  • Sandy92392
    Sandy92392 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I am also new to the group. Wanted to stop by and say hello my name is Sandy and I am trying to get back on track and put me first this time. I am currently taking care of my husband and kids so I always put me last. My husband is diabetic and has bipolar and depression really bad to where he has mood swings every day. I give him his Insulin every night and trying to get him healthy and I forgot about me. I have 6 kids from ages 4 to 11 so I am a busy mom. I try to fit in 10 minutes here and there of exercise. I am currently 214 and my goal is to get down to 140. I also struggle with emotional eating and insomnia and I am a smoker as I can smoke over a pack a day. I don't handle stress well and that why I smoke which I know is a no no but it calms me. I am here for support and motivation. I look forward to meeting everyone and getting to know you all better along this journey. Sandy
  • Obi_47
    Obi_47 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey all. Excited to get going in this group. I need the motivation and push to keep going. Good luck everyone
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm excited in 4 weeks ill be seeing my friends and family again (most who I haven't seen for almost 2 years since i live abroad) so I really want to get in gear and look awesome coming home, so the next 4 weeks are critical!

I usually like to do cardio at the gyms and just go all out, try to burn as many cals as possible. I wear and HRM and am usually in the highest hear rate zone. I've decided to try to spend some more exercise time in the "fat burning" and "cardio" zones, even thoug it feels a lot easier. Has anyone had any luck with something like this?
  • 1tiamat
    1tiamat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    my weight today is 220.6 lowest I have been in 6 years! (my ticker shows 10lb since starting here but I have lost 25 since the beginning of the year!

That is awesome!! Great job! It's good to get some inspiration to pump me up before a challenge. Thanks for being an inspiration!

I'll remember that when I drive by dunken doughnuts and am tempted :)
  • cjosling
    cjosling Posts: 13
    Options
    Wonderful progress

Cathy
  • emlenz817
    emlenz817 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm either going to try a kickboxing class or Tabata class at the gym today- wish me luck! Looks like the calorie burn that either of those would get me are pretty excellent!!