Week 1 : Workouts (Tell me what your doing?)

Options
mikehart164
mikehart164 Posts: 108 Member
I'm Super Excited about Week 1 Coming up This post will be for you all to tell me what you are doing as far as workouts so you can all discuss and motivate each other. As always i'm here for questions!!

Replies

• Tulipbirdy
    Options
    So im working out 6 times a week for an hour. my mix is 30 min circuit training (mostly squats, jumping jacks and exercises for toning my thighs) than 10 min dancing, followed by 20 min hatha yoga. and sometimes i do extra walking or basketball/volleyball with my friends
  • ChristiSykes
    ChristiSykes Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I usually do 50 minutes walk/jog on the treadmill then weight resistance machines for 20 min. But I'm at a stand still on the scale!!! I increased my calories to around 1500, but I'm still not seeing results :( I want to join Body Pump/Combat or Cross Fit
  • AAL94LBB
    AAL94LBB Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    At the moment I am currently doing the 30 day shred as my daily workout, as well I'm a cashier so I'm constantly moving when I'm at work.
  • os2013
    os2013 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have been playing racquetball 3x a week plus tournaments. My season just ended, and I will be golfing 3x a week as soon as weather allows. I am a beat up 55 year old athlete. Bad shoulder as well. I mainly plan on walking, some bike riding, and maybe start weights, I've never lifted or swam but may start. I know my body well, and the MFP plan is going well, I just want to adjust and keep pushing through at least July 1st. Have lost 30# since January 1, and hope to drop another 20-30. I injured my plantar tendon 2 days ago, so I'll have to ease into the first few weeks. - os
  • Mollymops102
    Options
    Just made myself get out there and do a 30 minute run, was not keen on going but feel great now. I an doing the couch 5k plus plan. this is a plan to increase your speed and stamina once you can run for thirty minutes. Not doing any strengthening training just running
  • debgoomey
    debgoomey Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am training for my first 5k! so I run about 30 min 3/week and I do the elliptical for om 3x/week too. I have not started weight training yet...no gym membership and I only have a few weights and equipment here.
  • NatzC123
    NatzC123 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    ok so usually I do a 30 minute walk about 4-5 times a week, use my ellipictal about 2-3 times per week for about 20 minutes. I recently got my treadmill fixed so I can start running on it again! I do not have gym membership but i do own dumbells so use them from time to time
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Ok, so this week.....

I went to the gym today for 50 mins and burned 423 calories (I have a HRM).
    Tomorrow I'm doing spin.
    Mon I'm doing spin in the morning and Zumba in the evening.
    Tues I'm doing the new HIIT aerobics class at my gym.
    Thurs I do Zumba after work (a colleague teaches it)
    Fri I have PT
    Sat I do aerobics
    Sun I will probably have off, same as Wed

I usually go for walks on my days off ( I don't work Mon and Tues) with my kids. I'm a teacher so my working days are spent on my feet, and as a part timer I don't have my own classroom so I am constantly having to carry all my stuff from room to room.
  • I_wanna_live
    I_wanna_live Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    What I am doing

T days, (Tuesday, Thursday)
    - Nerdfitness' Beginner Body weight workout (using 5 gallon jugs, filled with water, linked together as my dumbell)
    -- http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/
    - maybe go for walk 30 min. walk.

S days Mondays and Wednesday
    if not raining or snowing
    - C25K
    -- http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
    if raining
    - YRG

Friday is my day of rest
  • StephTanis
    StephTanis Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I start every morning with Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred and run 30 minutes on a treadmill (until the weather warms up!) 3-4 afternoons a week. Almost finished with 30DS (only 6 days left!) and then plan to move onto Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. The 30 minute morning workout is perfect for my routine as I need to get myself and a toddler ready before I go to work in the morning and I don't have to g up too much earlier to complete something that makes me feel awesome all day.
  • pat9278
    pat9278 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i run/walk 2-3 miles 4 times a week and swim 2 days a week. I do yoga 5 days a week. But, I have just had a flare up of tendonitis in my elbow. I'm scheduled for surgery but not for another few weeks..I'm not sure I can do all the strength training.
  • jwpe
    jwpe Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Monday: Weights (30 min) teach 2 X 60 min dance classes and teach a 45 min Zumba class
    Tuesday: teach 2 X 45 min Zumba classes
    Wed: teach 45 min dance and 45 min zumba
    Thurs: 45 min weight boot camp, 30 min yoga
    Fri: yoga
    Sat weights
    Sunday: Rest

I get all my cardio in Mon Tues and Wed as that is my teaching schedule, After mid May I hope to spread it more evenly.
  • awkwardpear
    awkwardpear Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    For the past several weeks I haven't been doing anything, but I've seen results with the Nerd Fitness BBW workout (represent!), Jillian Michaels videos, the C25K program, various fitness.com workouts... lots of stuff. The best results I've had were from daily sports practices when I first started playing softball and volleyball in high school, but unfortunately that's not an option anymore. But considering it was 2 hours a day of running around... makes sense. I've signed up for 2 8-week martial arts classes for spring quarter, which starts April 1st, so here's my plan including those:

Monday: capoeira class, 1 hour
    Tuesday: Judo class, 1 hour 15 min
    Wednesday: cardio, 30-120min - run, walk, intervals, swim, or bike (or machine, if I happen to have access to a gym)
    Thursday: Judo class, 1 hour 15 min
    Friday: cardio
    Saturday: rest day OR play day (hiking, sports, games, etc etc etc)
    Sunday: cardio

but until (and possibly after) then:

Monday: workout video (30min minimum)
    Tuesday: cardio
    Wednesday: workout video (30min minimum)
    Thursday: cardio
    Friday: rest day (because this friday I have 2 finals D: )
    Saturday: cardio
    Sunday: workout video (30min minimum)

NOTE: if I can ever get a hike in on what should be a regular cardio day, that's just even better! :)
  • mnflame
    mnflame Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm just starting to get back into working out again after a looonngg hiatus. I'm taking it slow for now because I know me. Right now, I have a daily calisthenics routine that I try to change up every week. Right now it's squats, lunges, pushups, mountain climbers and crunches. I don't really have a set number of reps; I'm just trying to do 2 sets of however many I can do. I've also been walking 3 days a week. I want to do the C25K program, but like I said, I'm really out of shape and I'm starting small. I have the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred that I plan on incorporating as well, but I just have to figure out where. I should tell you that I sometimes find it hard to find time. I go to school full time and work full time, and I really don't have a whole lot of down time, but I'm working on changing that, changing routines and bad habits that I've gained over the last 2 years or so.
  • phyl88
    phyl88 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm embarrassed to say that I only do a 30 minute walk/run on the treadmill 2-3 days a week. I know I can do more and I WILL do more. I have access to a gym and I'm ready to do whatver you tell me to do.
  • msteresao
    msteresao Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I walk on the treadmil at 4.0 for 30 min

30 min circuit at planet fitness
  • Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week. I currently do Jillian Michaels's "No more trouble zones" every second day. The other days I alternate between her "Banish fat, boost metabolism" and "6 week, 6 pack". I'm a teacher, so are quite active during the day and I also have 3 horses of my own which I care for and ride myself.
  • lailahmed
    lailahmed Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Tuesday : I will be doing 1 hour interval treadmill training at the gym with some strengths
    Wednesay: I am attending the "Bums, Tums, &Thighs" Class at my local gym
    Thursday: I am doing a water workout class (45mints)

Everyday of the week I walk 15 mints to the tube station and back (thats 30 minutes fast Walking daily)
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I workout six days a week (at least an hour each day) using various DVD's (mostly Jillian Michaels and Rockin' Body).
  • ibf1969
    ibf1969 Posts: 2
    Options
    away working next week but back to gym week after minimum of 3 days and walk 5k the other days