100 Pushup Challenge

Options

Replies

• SWFLGUY
    SWFLGUY Posts: 40
    Options
    I made it through the first week and have started week two. Todays accomplishment 14/14/10/10/15.

Not to painful so far but I definately can feel it. I'm starting to see people stop in the street to look at me now - so it must be working. Or else I have toilet paper on my shoe!
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I did Week 5, Day 2, Col 3 today. I decided to try doing it after my weight session. Still not really sure where to put these pushups with all the lifting I'm doing now! I'll figure it out eventually :) I got through my sets:

19/19/22/22/18/18/22/45 ... the last set was a struggle and I had to take little breaks after about a third of them, but overall not too bad :) Hoping for a stronger performance on Day 3!
  • Ecce_Signum
    Ecce_Signum Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    SWFLGUY, well done and fingers crossed the stares are for your 'new' pecs and not the toilet paper ;)

cmeirun, I'm with you and not knowing when to do them (though I've about given up on my resistance bands and need to pick them up again). Why not substitute them for your 'arm/chest' sessions for a couple of weeks?
  • cmeiron
    Options
    cmeirun, I'm with you and not knowing when to do them (though I've about given up on my resistance bands and need to pick them up again). Why not substitute them for your 'arm/chest' sessions for a couple of weeks?

The routine I'm following is a full-body workout 3x/week, so there's no real getting around working my arms/chest on weight days. I'm going to keep at it like this for a bit, but I'm thinking I might leave the heavy pushup day (3) for the day AFTER my last weights day, which is the lightest day (80% load). So, workouts would be:

Monday: Weights (100% load), Pushups
    Tues: HIIT cardio, Core
    Wednesday: Weights (90% load), Pushups
    Thursday: rest day
    Friday: Weights (80% load)
    Saturday: HIIT cardio, Core, Pushups
    Sunday: Jog

This might work? It'll give me at least 3 days of no resistance/upper body work/week (required for recovery, I'm told)
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options
    ...<snip>...This might work? It'll give me at least 3 days of no resistance/upper body work/week (required for recovery, I'm told)
    Yup, looks ok to me, tough schedule but if anybody can do it I'm sure you can :)
  • lifewithmikey
    lifewithmikey Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Week 5, Day 2

Gotta tell ya... when I saw the workout list for today it seemed a little more than daunting... BUT I DID IT!!! Even the last set of 25!! I officially have done 100 pushups!!!
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!
  • ronboy1979
    ronboy1979 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Great going Mickey

Week 5, Day 2

Gotta tell ya... when I saw the workout list for today it seemed a little more than daunting... BUT I DID IT!!! Even the last set of 25!! I officially have done 100 pushups!!!
  • ronboy1979
    ronboy1979 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My 2nd go round for week 6 day 2 complete but I added some to each set first official was 150 today was 166

14/14/15/15/15/1515/15/48 total 166

What happens after you complete week 6 day 3? Do you start over or restart week 1?

Anyone know?
  • cmeiron
    Options
    If I remember correctly, according to the website, you "should" be able to do 100 pushups in a single set after you've completed the training ... you're supposed to take a few days off and then try. If not, then you're supposed to go back and repeat week 6...I'd probably slightly increase the number performed in each set, maybe by 5-10%, at least on the final sets, during the repeat week (s) and try again after a couple of weeks :)

Also, WAY TO GO, MIKEY!!! :D
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options
    I officially have done 100 pushups!!!
    Great work Mikey!

Excellent work Ron! The way I tackled week 6 was to repeat it but move up a column (looks like your in col 1?). I completed week 6 col 3 last week but the dreaded 'man flu' has stopped me doing the final test though doubt I'll be able to do 100 in a single set yet so will either do as cmeirun suggests or try to do (say) 5 sets to max.
  • cmeiron
    Options
    Ok, I think I've managed to get past the week 5 hurdle, after 3 rounds of it!

Today: 20/20/24/24/20/20/22/52 :drinker:

I will do my max rep test tomorrow, but I was able to get through all my sets today with little trouble :) I think I've found a way to fit these pushups in with my other workouts so that everything gets done effectively :bigsmile:

Week 6, here I come!!! :glasses:
  • aekimz23
    aekimz23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Week 4, Day 1 (3/12): 21/25/21/21/45
    Week 4, Day 2 (3/16): 25/29/25/25/45
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options
    Well done cmeirun & glamchicka - excellent results from both of you :)

I took last week off whilst recovering from (Man) flu and did an exhaustion test today, the previous test was 60 and wasn't sure how I'd fair after a week off but managed 63 so whilst it wasn't much of an improvement I hadn't lost any strength with the flu so quite happy :)
  • cmeiron
    Options
    That's great, Ecce!! Sometimes a little break is actually really good for recovery/strength gain (apparently even when ManFlu is a factor!) So what's your plan for next week?

Nice work, glamchicka!
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options
    Txs cmeirun :) am still not sure about next week, I may repeat Week 6 col 3 and add a few more to each set or try something different like 4 sets of (say) 50 then a fifth to exhaustion?
  • cmeiron
    Options
    Forgot to do my max rep test yesterday, oops!

Just did it now, and got 66 :happy: This is +52.1% from my last test two weeks ago, and + 560% from week one :bigsmile:

That keeps me in column 3...but of week SIX. EEK!

Wish me luck!!! :glasses:
  • lifewithmikey
    lifewithmikey Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Oh my good gracious!! Week 6, Day 1 - why not just take in the back and shoot me now!?
    Today was definitely killer. I had to create two extra sets for the pushups I couldn't complete in the other sets... and I STILL couldn't do all of them... but I almost did, and almost totally counts when it comes to this (at least in my book). I only needed to do 13 more and I would have finished the day... but I couldn't. Either way I'm satisfied with my workout today.
  • cmeiron
    Options
    Oh my good gracious!! Week 6, Day 1 - why not just take in the back and shoot me now!?
    Today was definitely killer. I had to create two extra sets for the pushups I couldn't complete in the other sets... and I STILL couldn't do all of them... but I almost did, and almost totally counts when it comes to this (at least in my book). I only needed to do 13 more and I would have finished the day... but I couldn't. Either way I'm satisfied with my workout today.

:laugh:

Man, I feel your pain! Literally! My exhaustion test stuck me in column three :noway: of week 6. I had to take a few breathers on my final set of 55 :sick: And hours later my arms are still tiiiiiiiiired :laugh:
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options
    Well done to both of you! Cmeirun, 66 is more than I've ever done so I bow to you :drinker:

All I managed today was to create my Week 7 plan by adding a few to the Week 6 Col 3 tally (oh, I did mange 3 chin ups with a *kitten* in my mouth).