C25K started January 10th

Options
1235»

Replies

• littlemzkitty
    littlemzkitty Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I did a full 5K "run" yesterday. Took 41 mintues. Now that I can go the distance, time to work on my speed.
  • gnoccola
    gnoccola Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I did a full 5K "run" yesterday. Took 41 mintues. Now that I can go the distance, time to work on my speed.

Congrats to you!!!
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    It is great to see that you guys have built the stamina to run the 5k in 2 months. So happy for you. It is a fantastic achievment and you can be proud of this:)
    I have started jogging slowly and cautiously again and doing 10 minutes on treadmill. Hopefully if my knees dont mind this time may be I can start increasing the time. But this time I will not get excited and increase only a minute every week.

Keep posting your improvement in time here. It will be interesting to see how you do it.
  • GSAllumbaugh
    GSAllumbaugh Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm keeping at it - April 7th is my first 5K. My friend gave me the goal of 39:59:59....

I'll just be happy if I can run the whole thing!!
  • gnoccola
    gnoccola Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I really wanted to try a 5k but my friend just told my that New York Road Runners races have these cars (of shame) that pick up any runner that goes slower than 13.00 and remove them from the race. I can run a 5k at 12.00, but without a pacer I may end up going too fast and getting tired easily, therefore having to slow down and be picked up from the stupid car. I better work on speed and stamina before I give it a try.
  • littlemzkitty
    Options
    I have just about a week to go before my 5K. Last night on the treadmill I did a 40:05 5K, my goal is 38 minutes, so I have to step it up if I'm going to make it. I have improved from my 42 min 5K I did a few weeks ago.

Good luck to those who have a run coming up!!
  • littlemzkitty
    Options
    Did my 5k race this morning. My time was 38:46, which is a 12:28 min mile pace.

So excited about that, not quite the 38 mins I was hoping for, but I made it under 39!
  • umer76
    Options
    Did my 5k race this morning. My time was 38:46, which is a 12:28 min mile pace.

So excited about that, not quite the 38 mins I was hoping for, but I made it under 39!
    Very soon you will be under 38 min! You have already improved your time by over 1 minute
  • GSAllumbaugh
    GSAllumbaugh Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I ran a 5K on Saturday. My time was around 40:30. I was happy with that. My first goal is to get under 40 miles. I never thought on January 10th I would have ever been able to do this Thanks to the support on this thread and the entire MFP site, I did it!
  • umer76
    Options
    I ran a 5K on Saturday. My time was around 40:30. I was happy with that. My first goal is to get under 40 miles. I never thought on January 10th I would have ever been able to do this Thanks to the support on this thread and the entire MFP site, I did it!

Great to see that you have achieved that milestone. Congrats to you!

Once you have run this much distance non-stop, now improving your speed should be matter of days.
    I have still not made much progress due to my achilles problem. I jogged for 22 minutes last sunday with 2 breaks. The pain came back. So untill now 5k is a dream for me.
  • littlemzkitty
    Options
    I did another 5K on Saturday, was right around 42 mins, but I was with my cousin and we walked for part of it. I just did this one to stay in the habit of running.

I have a full marathon in October, and have officially started training for it. This is going to hurt – but in a good way.