Summer Weight Loss Challenge

Options

Replies

• DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Just checking in. I didn't lose this week which I knew because I looked at my body and saw that I was holding on to the bloat! LOL
    It is that time of the month and I just let it be this week. I worked out twice so far and will be heading to Zumba fusion class tonight. Not sure what the fusion part is, but we will see. I normally workout with my Zumba DVD's at home, but I have 15 fitness classes at the gym, and decided to give it a try. I will try their strength class next week to see what it is about.

Let's do it!!! :smile:
    Decide.Commit.Succeed (by Beachbody)

Way to push through!! I went to a Zumba party with three different instructors, so high energy, I just love it!! Commitment is the key!!
  • klb1002
    klb1002 Posts: 19
    Options
    I had fun at my Zumba class last night. I asked about the fusion part and the instructor said that she will incoporate different activities within the class like using a chair, some type of sticks that glow in the dark (don't remember the name), lots of hip hop moves, etc. It was fun! We were doing the butterfly and some other hip hop moves. I was ready to get my party on! My sister started laughing at me...hahahaha.
    I will be there next Friday God willing. I also signed up for strength training class on Tuesday, so I will tell you about that on Wednesday.
  • kikiw39
    kikiw39 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I'm just now browsing through groups/community. Is it still possible to join the challenge?
  • Yummy208
    Yummy208 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    SW: 204
    CW: 181
    GW: 170

Good luck ladies, have a wonderful week...
  • angelh1908
    angelh1908 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies! Here is my check in for this week

SW: 181
    CW: 173 (down 1.5 pound since last week)
    GW: 140

NSV for this challenge:

1. Finish this 30 day shred!
    2. Eat more fruits and veggies this week
    3. Work harder to stay within my daily calorie limits

Official weigh in goals:
    2/21: 177.5 (met this one)
    4/21: 160
    6/21: 143

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a great week!
  • angelh1908
    angelh1908 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I had fun at my Zumba class last night. I asked about the fusion part and the instructor said that she will incoporate different activities within the class like using a chair, some type of sticks that glow in the dark (don't remember the name), lots of hip hop moves, etc. It was fun! We were doing the butterfly and some other hip hop moves. I was ready to get my party on! My sister started laughing at me...hahahaha.
    I will be there next Friday God willing. I also signed up for strength training class on Tuesday, so I will tell you about that on Wednesday.
    Keep up the good work!
  • BYNUMD5
    BYNUMD5 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies! Today is my first day of the chanllange. I need all the suupport I can get.

SW: 280
    CW: 280
    GW: 250 by 6/21/13

NSV for this challenge:

1. Do PT 24/7 for 30 days!
    2. Eat more fruits and veggies this week
    3. Not eat out any more this week.
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,268 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I'm just now browsing through groups/community. Is it still possible to join the challenge?

Yes please join us. Our challenge does not end until 6/21...the first day of summer.
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,268 Member
    Options
    SW: 219

March 4 - 216.8
    March 11 - 216.8
    March 18 - Did not weigh
    March 25 -
    March 31 -

No loss this week. I think I'm going to stay off the scale for a couple of weeks. My next weigh-in will be March 25th.
  • CassieJTS
    CassieJTS Posts: 13
    Options
    This is wonderful, I really need to be more accountable and having a group will help me to remember that summer is just around the corner.

SW: 187
    CW: 183
    GW: 155

1. Look decent in a pair of shorts so that I don't have to wear jeans all summer
    2. Workout EVERY day, even if it's just a walk
    3. Take more pictures (and maybe even work up the confidence to share them!) because I'm sick of hiding from the camera and having no photos with friends or family

CW: 182.6

I only lost 0.4 of a pound, I'm not pleased, but I did just begin the 30 Day Shred (and before I joined I was losing weight so quickly, but I guess that the honeymoon couldn't last forever!) my weight has been up and down a lot this week, with the lowest being 180.6, I'm hoping I'm just retaining water and that I'll see more improvement next week.

Congratulations to everyone still looking to tone up and lose some weight before summer :flowerforyou:
  • rwillan
    rwillan Posts: 6
    Options
    cw this week 266. loss of 1 lb. I'll take it!
  • priesterse
    priesterse Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Weekly check in:
    SW: 184.8
    GW: 160

March totals
    03/04: 176.1
    03/11: 174.2 (-1.9)
    03/18: 174.2 (0)
    03/25

No loss but it's better than a gain. Still retaining a lot of water.
  • DeMarraDontStop
    Options
    I would love to join this 6/21 challenge!

SW: 208
    CW: 154.3
    GW: 135-140

Non scale goals:
    1. Drink 80 ounces of water daily
    2. Exercise 6 days a week
    3. Run another 5k (non-stop)

My status updates will on Wednesday's, since this is the day I committed to the challenge!

3/6: 154.3
    3/13: 152.7
    3/20: 150.9 (-1.8)
  • DeMarraDontStop
    Options
    Weekly check in:

March totals
    03/25

You maintained, keep on pushing! Have you tried increasing your water to help with the water retention? I increased to about 96 ounces during the time of month and it helped me!
  • priesterse
    priesterse Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Weekly check in:

March totals
    03/25

You maintained, keep on pushing! Have you tried increasing your water to help with the water retention? I increased to about 96 ounces during the time of month and it helped me!

I drink between 64 - 80 ounces daily. I'll try to up to 100 ounces but I can hardly stay out of the restroom as it is :smile:
  • Queenie_O
    Queenie_O Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You've all been doing so well and are so supportive that it's inspired me to stop lurking and join in!

SW 199

Goals
    04/21 195
    05/21 190
    06/21 185

NSVs I plan to accomplish
    NOT obsessively weigh myself. Once a week is fine.
    Move every single day, even if it's just for 10 mins on the treadmill.
    Remember to log!
    Participate in a 5K every month.
    Add to this list as I find more things that make me feel good about myself :)
  • Rochie81
    Rochie81 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am back up to my starting weight from the beginning of this challenge. I finally joined the Y and I think that will help me move in the right direction. I DO NOT like to waste money so I'm gonna put this membership to good use. Some of you ladies suggested changing my weigh in day to Monday and since then I have been on the scale and I am pleased so far with what I see. I hope everyone is staying motivated. We have to do this one day at a time. Keep up the great work ladies!

CW: 298
    SW: 298.8
    GW: 245

Official weigh-in Weight Goals:

February 21 - 285....actual - 290.8
    April 21 - 265
    June 21 - 245

Non-scale victories I would like to experience before June 21, 2013
    1. Drink at least 64 oz of water daily
    2. Workout 5 days a week
    3. Complete C25K program
  • soosweet1920
    soosweet1920 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Started lifting and the scale is up drastically...ugh :(. I'm going to keep trying it out though. Really need to tone...
  • DeMarraDontStop
    Options
    Started lifting and the scale is up drastically...ugh :(. I'm going to keep trying it out though. Really need to tone...

From what I understand lifting is building muscle so not a bad thing. I do weights no more than 15 pounds and starting to see definition. Keep at it especially if you are on track with everything else!
  • ladyonaquest
    ladyonaquest Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Down 1.8 lbs this week!

SW: 209.8 CW: 198.8 GW: 175