Jillian Michaels Challenge buddies!!!

MrsScheidt
MrsScheidt Posts: 207 Member
Hello everyone!! The purpose of this thread is for those of you who want to use the full 30 day challenge to complete a Jillian Michaels exercise DVD or program such as the 30 Day Shred. This is the one that I will personally be doing, so I will log my exercise later tonight!

Replies

• I'm in! I just recently found her videos on Youtube so I am so happy to be back into them! I will count today as my official day one as I've only done it sporadically through out the past week.

Thanks for starting the group!
  • MrsScheidt
    Whooo!! I'm so excited!!!
  • mamajenny2
    mamajenny2 Posts: 22 Member
    YAY!!! I love Jillian!!! She is absolutely the best!! I started about a week ago and love her!! I just started Hip Hop Abs too, so those combined are so fun and make you feel every single muscle in your body!!! LOVE IT!! :-) Got my workouts in this morning!! I'll be doing it again tomorrow!!! Thanks for starting the group!! :-)
  • MrsScheidt
    I will start 30 Day Shred level 1 tonight. I plan to make it to level 3 by the end of this challenge!
  • jen2swt
    jen2swt Posts: 37 Member
    Holla, I'm in! Woot. I did level 1 the other day and wasn't super bad. Today is supposed to be weight day but I may start Jillian today. We'll see
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,611 Member
    I love Jillian Michaels and her videos although there is one where her hair really bugs me.

I have been doing her kettle ball workout. It's great. We moved recently and I can't for the life of my find all my videos, of which I have many. So I just have this one and her most recent one. Maybe I will look for them tonight.
  • khayashi80
    khayashi80 Posts: 45 Member
    I am on day 9 of the 30 day shred. After tomorrow I move to level 2 *gulp*
  • jen2swt
    I am on day 9 of the 30 day shred. After tomorrow I move to level 2 *gulp*

When are you supposed to move up to the next level?
  • Day one done!
  • jen2swt
    How are you logging 30day shred? I'm doing it under circuit training. Think that's correct?
  • Alisontheice
    I did the 30 day shred awhile ago. For those starting level 2 I enjoyed hat level the most. It didn't seems as hard.

And migration up when you feel level 1 is too easy or most people will do 10 day so at each level.
  • Day 2 Completed @ 730 this morning :) Felt really good afterward, I love that feeling when like OMG I'm gonna die turns into WOOT I DID IT!

Modified pushups (knees) and bicycle crunches cause I was on hard wood floor and it was killing my tail bone but will know from here forward to put a towel down at least to pad.
  • Alisontheice
    I did my first day of Level 1 of Ripped in 30.
    Jenny - I totally get what you are saying about the OMG I am dying. I was at that point then realized I only had one more circuit to go and was able to push through it.

I hurt my shoulder awhile ago so the push ups are a bit tough and I am really feeling it now and when I stretched it I really felt it but I am hoping the exercise helps my shoulder heal.
  • Pinkgurl13
    Pinkgurl13 Posts: 47 Member
    I'm going to start doing 30 Day Shred again! I never completed it the first time around!

I will be going to the gym, and on non- gym nights I will do 30DS! Jillian is a beast ;)
  • Don't push it too hard, we don't want to lose you if you reinjure!

Great job pushing thru!
  • aperradise
    aperradise Posts: 90 Member
    just finished day 3 of 30 DS. I am so out of shape but I've pushed through and will finish the next 27 days!!
  • SILVERWOLF93
    SILVERWOLF93 Posts: 13 Member
    I guess I bought the wrong DVD since everyone is doing 30 day shred. I bought the 6 week 6 pack DVD and I will be at the end of week 1 tomorrow morning. the DVD recommends doing it at least 5 days a week, but i have the feeling I will get bored doing the same workout for 3 weeks straight before switching to the second workout. so I'm doing it 3 days a week with Tues. and Thurs. being some other workout like Pilates or medicine ball. I might also have ripped in 30, but I'm not sure.

Will the switch in workout hurt my results?
  • jen2swt
    What I find funny is on level 1 when it's time for crunches, I'm stoked. I look at as a rest time for me. I will be more than glad to do crunches all day long verses pushups..haha. I'm like YES, now I get to lay down.

Oh and feel free to friend request me :)
  • LOL Jenny - thought the same thing to myself yesterday!

I will be doing my JM tonight - Shoveling snow ate up my morning exercise time. Still exercise... but not my plan!
  • Alisontheice
    I totally feel the same way about the ab portion of JM's workouts. I keep telling myself as I am dying during the cardio that it is just a little longer until the break.

I will be doing an extra long JM this afternoon. We are out at a friend's for dinner tonight so I know we won't be eating well so I figure I will counteract it with exercise. :)
  • MrsScheidt
    Well, I didn't get to do my Jillian Michaels DVD last night because the NCAA March Madness tournament has completely taken over our TV for the next couple of weeks! The joys of marrying a sports fanatic :)

But, I did a 10 minute ab trainer video I found online last night and tonight I will continue level 1 of 30DS!!
  • Alisontheice
    Ha ha Ruzickla. My TV was playing a recorded hockey game last night.

I just completed JM Boost Metabolism DVD. O-M-G Good job my little guy is at school because I was swearing a blue streak throughout the routine. Holy that is a hard workout. But I did it, I hurt so now I'm going to go take a shower and I can eat yummy food and drink wine at our friends tonight.
  • Hi all! I just did day 2, Level one of 30 Day Shred. Ouch. This is the first time I've done a fitness DVD and I'm finding it easy to follow but hard work to do. I'm looking for 30 day Shred buddies to keep me going and vice versa.
  • Done!

It honestly felt like I was trying to convince myself to climb Mt. Washington to work up the motivation to workout tonight but I did it and I feel goood! So good I'm going to find another video to do, maybe a walking or some type of low impact dance type aerobics.

My arms still hurt and my thighs are still sore but I'm feeling more and more confident each time I work through the burn :)
  • MrsScheidt
    Took my dog son to the dog park today!! Played around with him, walked around Target with my fiancee and getting ready to do level 1 30 DS!
  • aperradise
    aperradise Posts: 90 Member
    days 4 & 5 of 30DS done!!
  • Went hiking through woods for an hour today with my son, ran intervals up/down hills. MFP says I burned 840 cals from that, but it was just fun and so nice to be out side!

Didn't have time to do 30 DS yesterday but holding myself so true to this challenge so I bumped myself up today to complete her whole 55 min long metabolism fat burner, wasn't sure I could finish but...

I DID IT!!!

I am literally sweating. About 30ish mins in I almost gave up, but I didn't! I skipped a rep here or there (as in out if 30sec - 1 min of each move I'd take a 10 second break) but I just kept pushing! I feel like I could take on the world right now! I'm going to do this one on the weekends in addition to my daily 30 day shred. It was much more aerobic, HIIT, explosive jumps and squats but you just feel such a rush after each circuit is done. And it's so manageable cause each move is on 30-60 secs so you can mentally push yourself to go through each one.

ENDORPHINS!

How will I ever sleep now?!
  • hmorrish
    hmorrish Posts: 20 Member
    Hi, I'm new to the group. I've completed the 30 day shred and am now onto Ripped in 30. I quite liked 30 day shred but am finding Ripped in 30 much harder. I'm onto day 5 of week 2 and still really struggle.

Its nice to have some other people to motivate you to carry on. I'm not managing to do much other exercise, i have a 22 month old so spend a lot of time running after her.
  • chelsiem87
    chelsiem87 Posts: 316 Member
    Alrighty fellow spring-get-fit buddies.... This chick is starting Jillian MIchaels ripped in 30 starting April 1st. I will still be doing other workouts before then, but I just wanted to see if anyone has any tips or advice (preferably motivating.. lol) for me. C25K is being postponed for me until the weather gets nicer outside, I think that will be the best option for me.
  • MrsScheidt
    20-30 minute walk at lunch today followed by Jillian Michaels 30DS level 1 tonight.