Stage 2

Options

Replies

• chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    . I eat 1200-1500 calories a day.

That's the problem, imo. You're not eating enough.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    . I eat 1200-1500 calories a day.

That's the problem, imo. You're not eating enough.

^^ This. I increased my calories to 1800-2000/day and I'm seeing results.

In other news, I have my last B workout this weekend! This week I was traveling for work and managed to (creatively) get in my workouts in the hotel gym. It was pretty funny, I had to stop at the front desk on the way up to my room and the guy there was flirting with me. He asked how my workout was. I told him, "it was fine, I wish you guys had a power rack and an oly bar." Hahaha he didn't know what to say.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I agree about raising your calories. It's hard but worth it in the end.

Well my first version of workout B was a success and a total disaster. :laugh:

The weight room was rammed again so I couldn't start off with deadlifts. I went straight to the Lat pulldown. I have serious balance issues with the reverse lunges. I think I'm going to start going them barefoot and see if that helps.

Then I didn't set the bench right for the Cuban Snatch and kept sliding off. Also the lightest dumbbells are too heavy for me to use with that so I couldn't even do it right. I was just so embarrassed :embarassed: that I gave up half way through the first set. When I got upstairs (out of the weight room, I had an 'a-ha!' moment and now know what to do with the bench. I don't care if they're Barbie weights I'm taking the right dumbbells into the weight room to use with the bench next time (and setting the bench up properly). :laugh:

As soon as I went to do my deadlifts, I stood somewhere so I could see myself in the mirror and some person decides to stand between me and the mirror. Grrrrr. Felt better about them today despite being in a full room and not quite being about to do 10 in a row. I did five rested for 45 seconds and did the other five. I'll see if I can do all ten next time.

Also all these lunges are killing me. My hamstrings freaking hurt!
    I will conquer this. I'm dammed if I'm going to let a little set of exercises defeat me so easily.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I finished Stage 2 tonight!!!
    Here's how I finished:

2A:
    Front squat / push press 45 lb​ - 60 lb
    Step-up 65 - 85lb. on a 12" step
    Dumbbell one-point row 20 lb - 30 lb. dumbbells
    Static lunge, rear foot elevated 50 lb - 65 lb.
    Push-up bench - floor
    Cable horizontal wood chop 20 lb - 30 lb.

2B:
    Wide-grip deadlift 135 lb - 155 lb. (I didn't do it off a box)
    Bulgarian split squat 50 lb - 70 lb.
    Underhand-grip lat pulldown 55 lb. - 100 lb.
    Reverse lunge from box with forward reach 10 lb. - 15 lb dumbbells
    Dumbbell prone Cuban snatch 10 lb. - 15 lb. dumbbells
    Swiss ball crunch - did all along with 20 lb. weight
    Reverse crunch - did all along
    Side Crunch - did all along
  • glitterballv
    glitterballv Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Finally got around to workout b this morning. My time has been very limited this week so only two workouts...

Much preferred it to workout a. I did standard but wide grip dead lifts. Super loved the split squats! Going to try with more weight next time as I only did it with 10kg, mostly because my legs are still sore from a brutal metafit class on thurs.

Cuban snatch was harder than I thought it would be- managed 6kg (13lb) dumbbells. Don't think I will be adding any weight any time soon!

I agree the reverse lunge requires a good deal of concentration and did not help that a friend kept chatting to me throughout the second set...

Intervals on the treadmill... I'm thinking of trying to do workout b right before a metafit interval class next time. It doesn't really matter how you do it, does it?
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Well done Kat. That's great.

Glitter you did so much better than me. I had such a hard time of it.

I am hurting badly this morning and have a stuffy nose, so I'm thinking of dialling it back today. Maybe I'll do this stage only twice a week, so it'll take me four weeks instead of three. That way if necessary I can split it up with my time constraints.
  • glitterballv
    glitterballv Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Venom- I always feel so self conscious the first time I'm trying to adjust the equipment to do a new exercise- for example setting up the bench to the right incline! Squishing my boobs against the bench in the Cuban snatch was not comfortable!!
  • Vsez
    Vsez Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Oh geez. Almost finished stage one & you ladies are scaring me. LOL. The cuban sandwich & deadlift from a box sound tough. :ohwell:
  • mcbellnz
    mcbellnz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Lol "Cuban Sandwich".

I did S2 B4 today, but will do each workout again once more.
  • Fr3shStrt
    Fr3shStrt Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Just curious - is everybody doing their step ups like this:
    http://nicktumminello.com/2013/01/step-ups-a-better-way-that-eliminates-cheating/

I thought I was doing good with the height where I had it, but my step is not this hight, I'm not sure I could even do this.
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Mcbell - I like your idea of doing one more workout in stage 2...but, I am anxious to move on!

venom - sorry to hear 2B1 did not go so well...also sorry you are under the weather. Do you do other working out besides NROL4W?

glitter - I agree those cuban snatches are TOUGH!

kat - awesome job!! your weights look GREAT!

kr - mono sucks...please take care of yourself. Don't want to extend how long you are sick by not resting!!

so yesterday I did workout 2A4:
    FSPP: 65x8, 65x9 (I had to do this outside the power cage, so I was a bit nervous, so I did a few reps less than i could have.
    step-ups: 70x8x2
    one pt row: 60x10x2
    static lunge: 50x14x2
    push-up: 14/17/14/9/4 boy, I just did not have any push-ups left in me!!
    plank: 60x2
    horiz wood chop: 65x10x2
  • lcuconley
    Options
    Just curious - is everybody doing their step ups like this:
    http://nicktumminello.com/2013/01/step-ups-a-better-way-that-eliminates-cheating/

I thought I was doing good with the height where I had it, but my step is not this hight, I'm not sure I could even do this.

I am not. 1) the step is higher than is directed in the book. 2) never thought of keeping the non-working leg so far back. 3) I always rest my non-working leg at the top...I should work on that, though
  • mcbellnz
    mcbellnz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I am keen to move on too - still "hate" the step ups (workout A today again) ....I see my trainer for two workouts in a row at the beginning of a new stage, and she doesn't work late on a Friday, so I am doing the extra workouts so I can see her Monday and Wed for form check for the new moves, so that is how the cookie crumbles. If I hadn't already had a rest week, I would take advantage of the timing issue now.
  • amanda_gent
    amanda_gent Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    bump to read later - I am starting this stage today
    I'm new to posting in this group -- good morning everyone! :)
  • lcuconley
    Options
    good morning Amanda. Welcome!

McBell - enjoy your two extra workouts...see you in stage 3 next week!

so, I finished stage 2 this morning! It was a really good workout. I felt really strong. I am so glad I did not try to lift @ 36 hours rest!

FSPP: 45 ->65
    step up: 60 ->70
    one pt row: 45 -> 60
    lunge: 50 (ten reps to 14 reps. hurt myself in stage 1, so I took it easy here)
    push-up: really focused on nose-to-ground. did 14/17/14/9/4. want to do 100push-ups, but I am not focusing.
    horiz wood chop: 45 ->65

wide grip deadlift: 115 ->125 (yeah...eked out another 5 pounds on my last set!)
    BSS: 50 ->54 (finally got handweights so I did not have to go right to 60)
    lat pulldown: 85 ->95
    reverse lunge: 30 -> 35
    cuban snatch: 15 -> 25 (my best increase this stage)

Can't wait to start stage 3!!
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Great numbers, lcuconley!

I technically have 2 more B's and one more A, but we're leaving for vactation on Saturday and I won't be able to fit in my last B. I might mess around and lift a bit at the hotel if the gym is good enough. At any rate, I'm taking next week off while we're gone, and I'll join you in stage 3 when we get back!
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Hey, Ladies! I've been MIA, but I'm still lifting! Did my S2A3 yesterday and I have a question. I was doing the lunge yesterday and felt a pull at the top of my left knee. I put some Icyhot on it and took some Advil last night. It is still tight and sore today. Has this happend to anyone? What did you do?

I also posted this on the daily chat thread.
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I also finished up Stage 2 this morning! Can't wait to start Stage 3! See y'all there! :)
  • lcuconley
    Options
    chic - where do you go to vacation if you live in FL? isn't every day a vacation?:wink:

beck - see you in STAGE 3!!

jcjs - sounds like you need to rest for a few days. Try to ice it.
  • AnnaMolly17
    AnnaMolly17 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Did my first B workout of Stage 2, and oh man it kicked my butt. I didn't feel like I was doing that much but my legs are sore as hell! Maybe it's the lifting combined with the HIIT but I'm definitely loving this stage so far. Alwyn, I will never doubt you again! (except maybe for the gazillion ab exercised at the end haha)