Jillian Michaels Challenge buddies!!!

Options
MrsScheidt
MrsScheidt Posts: 207 Member
Hello everyone!! The purpose of this thread is for those of you who want to use the full 30 day challenge to complete a Jillian Michaels exercise DVD or program such as the 30 Day Shred. This is the one that I will personally be doing, so I will log my exercise later tonight!

Replies

• JennyJoy1437
    Options
    I'm in! I just recently found her videos on Youtube so I am so happy to be back into them! I will count today as my official day one as I've only done it sporadically through out the past week.

Thanks for starting the group!
  • MrsScheidt
    Options
    Whooo!! I'm so excited!!!
  • mamajenny2
    mamajenny2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! I love Jillian!!! She is absolutely the best!! I started about a week ago and love her!! I just started Hip Hop Abs too, so those combined are so fun and make you feel every single muscle in your body!!! LOVE IT!! :-) Got my workouts in this morning!! I'll be doing it again tomorrow!!! Thanks for starting the group!! :-)
  • MrsScheidt
    Options
    I will start 30 Day Shred level 1 tonight. I plan to make it to level 3 by the end of this challenge!
  • jen2swt
    jen2swt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Holla, I'm in! Woot. I did level 1 the other day and wasn't super bad. Today is supposed to be weight day but I may start Jillian today. We'll see
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels and her videos although there is one where her hair really bugs me.

I have been doing her kettle ball workout. It's great. We moved recently and I can't for the life of my find all my videos, of which I have many. So I just have this one and her most recent one. Maybe I will look for them tonight.
  • khayashi80
    khayashi80 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am on day 9 of the 30 day shred. After tomorrow I move to level 2 *gulp*
  • jen2swt
    Options
    I am on day 9 of the 30 day shred. After tomorrow I move to level 2 *gulp*

When are you supposed to move up to the next level?
  • JennyJoy1437
    Options
    Day one done!
  • jen2swt
    Options
    How are you logging 30day shred? I'm doing it under circuit training. Think that's correct?
  • Alisontheice
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred awhile ago. For those starting level 2 I enjoyed hat level the most. It didn't seems as hard.

And migration up when you feel level 1 is too easy or most people will do 10 day so at each level.
  • JennyJoy1437
    Options
    Day 2 Completed @ 730 this morning :) Felt really good afterward, I love that feeling when like OMG I'm gonna die turns into WOOT I DID IT!

Modified pushups (knees) and bicycle crunches cause I was on hard wood floor and it was killing my tail bone but will know from here forward to put a towel down at least to pad.
  • Alisontheice
    Options
    I did my first day of Level 1 of Ripped in 30.
    Jenny - I totally get what you are saying about the OMG I am dying. I was at that point then realized I only had one more circuit to go and was able to push through it.

I hurt my shoulder awhile ago so the push ups are a bit tough and I am really feeling it now and when I stretched it I really felt it but I am hoping the exercise helps my shoulder heal.
  • Pinkgurl13
    Pinkgurl13 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start doing 30 Day Shred again! I never completed it the first time around!

I will be going to the gym, and on non- gym nights I will do 30DS! Jillian is a beast ;)
  • JennyJoy1437
    Options
    Don't push it too hard, we don't want to lose you if you reinjure!

Great job pushing thru!
  • aperradise
    aperradise Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    just finished day 3 of 30 DS. I am so out of shape but I've pushed through and will finish the next 27 days!!
  • SILVERWOLF93
    SILVERWOLF93 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I guess I bought the wrong DVD since everyone is doing 30 day shred. I bought the 6 week 6 pack DVD and I will be at the end of week 1 tomorrow morning. the DVD recommends doing it at least 5 days a week, but i have the feeling I will get bored doing the same workout for 3 weeks straight before switching to the second workout. so I'm doing it 3 days a week with Tues. and Thurs. being some other workout like Pilates or medicine ball. I might also have ripped in 30, but I'm not sure.

Will the switch in workout hurt my results?
  • jen2swt
    Options
    What I find funny is on level 1 when it's time for crunches, I'm stoked. I look at as a rest time for me. I will be more than glad to do crunches all day long verses pushups..haha. I'm like YES, now I get to lay down.

Oh and feel free to friend request me :)
  • JennyJoy1437
    Options
    LOL Jenny - thought the same thing to myself yesterday!

I will be doing my JM tonight - Shoveling snow ate up my morning exercise time. Still exercise... but not my plan!
  • Alisontheice
    Options
    I totally feel the same way about the ab portion of JM's workouts. I keep telling myself as I am dying during the cardio that it is just a little longer until the break.

I will be doing an extra long JM this afternoon. We are out at a friend's for dinner tonight so I know we won't be eating well so I figure I will counteract it with exercise. :)