March Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    March 2013:
    Mollie - 18
    The Binge - 7 (2nd, 9th, 10th, 11th, 14th, 17th, 25th)

Days did not log it all - 4 (10th, 14th, 17th, 25th)
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Jan - 4 days I did not log it ALL
    Feb- 3 days I did not log it ALL

2f935b307f581cf2010e2035f6e9d6fd.jpg
    e09a22e5d8182580d381c106ed8b1691.jpg
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDmAVIEFDogacxvdEaZHJZaEr7vxrHWifqGMrabV5elQ1H3tDncA
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Me - 22
    Binge - 4

Yesterday was a day to have a certain traditional food in our house, and I only had 3 bites! Huge victory for me. I don't care if I'm in bed at 6 pm, I'm not binging :)
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    3-26-13

Me: 20

Binge: 6 (3/2, 3/4, 3/8, 3/9, 3/15, 3/21)

Definitely not very healthy days but getting better! Tomorrow, cannot wait to get back to paleo.
  • brownll
    brownll Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    3/26/13

Me = 25
    Binge Monster = 0

Well, I guess I've spent 3.5 weeks trying to break the habit of eating for non-hunger reasons. Some days have been harder than others, especially since I'm now trying to keep my daily calories below 1500, so my meals aren't very big. I'm eating an adequate amount of food that is good for me, but that doesn't sate the emotional hunger that prefers junk food and huge portions of it. Yesterday, I had snack cravings at work, so I stayed at work longer so that I would have less time at home to be tempted to eat.

I'm used to grazing all day long and I miss it. It had become a habit and a hobby. Since I'm not bingeing and I don't have to compensate with extra exercise, I have time to do other things. Today, I took care of some financial paperwork. Normally, I would reward myself afterward with treat food. Now I'm thinking about what I can enjoy or do that doesn't involve calories. Eating was the perfect hobby because it was effortless and the reward was immediate. As I get further along in the number of days since I had a binge, I seem to remember the highlights of bingeing, rather than the agony of it.
  • dc_amaryllis
    dc_amaryllis Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    March 26

Me: 19
    Binge: 7

Not the best day :grumble:
  • dc_amaryllis
    Options
    3/26/13

Me = 25
    Binge Monster = 0

Well, I guess I've spent 3.5 weeks trying to break the habit of eating for non-hunger reasons. Some days have been harder than others, especially since I'm now trying to keep my daily calories below 1500, so my meals aren't very big. I'm eating an adequate amount of food that is good for me, but that doesn't sate the emotional hunger that prefers junk food and huge portions of it. Yesterday, I had snack cravings at work, so I stayed at work longer so that I would have less time at home to be tempted to eat.

I'm used to grazing all day long and I miss it. It had become a habit and a hobby. Since I'm not bingeing and I don't have to compensate with extra exercise, I have time to do other things. Today, I took care of some financial paperwork. Normally, I would reward myself afterward with treat food. Now I'm thinking about what I can enjoy or do that doesn't involve calories. Eating was the perfect hobby because it was effortless and the reward was immediate. As I get further along in the number of days since I had a binge, I seem to remember the highlights of bingeing, rather than the agony of it.

You're my hero. I seriously hope to get to where you are now.
  • kge0891
    kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    March 26, 2013

Me: 22
    Binge: 4 (3/1,3/3, 3/7, 3/16)

Binge-free for: 10 days
  • dc_amaryllis
    Options
    March 25
    Me-9
    Binge-16
    I had lost a couple lbs last week and I have now spent the last two days bingeing it all away! So frustrated with myself! :(

Chasinadream - I think I did the same thing. We are in the same boat.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    March 26

Me: 15
    Binge: 1

I so could've binged tonight with tempting ice cream and burgers, but I didn't.
  • brownll
    brownll Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    3/26/13

Me = 25
    Binge Monster = 0

You're my hero. I seriously hope to get to where you are now.

You're kind. I figure I've spent about 30 years eating more than the average person could eat in several lifetimes. If I could have continued bingeing without gaining weight, I wouldn't have tried to stop. I have to look at it, then, that the weight gain was a blessing. Now I have to see how I can face life differently, without food as my crutch.

I've been keeping a dated list of the things I do to keep my mind off bingeing, because the activities I've seen recommended in magazine articles for what to do instead of overeating don't suit me. The articles give generic things like taking a bubble bath. I'm a shower person and I hate baths. Besides, I need to do things that have immediate results. Waiting for a tub to fill up gives me too much time to raid the food cabinets. My hope is that I will refer to my own list when I feel the urge to binge and I will find something preferable.

I strongly feel that you, I and the rest have it in us to know what we need to do to out-distance the Binge Monster. Just one, single day is a victory.
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Me: 20:drinker:

Binge: 6:angry:

I actually lost some weight this week..it's been a long binge cycle and I am only losing weight that I recently gained. Still, I am better off than I would be if I wasn't on here struggling with the Monster.

One of my big triggers is lack of sleep and I have been working really hard on that one. I think it makes a huge difference. I actually track my sleep in the check-in section on here so I can use the reports to see my progress. I'm tracking HOC - hours on the computer, too. One of the best features of this site is the fact that everything I do gets logged and I can go back and look at what I actually do. I tend to pretend it isn't that bad:laugh:
    Today makes 8 days binge free.
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    3/25/13

Me: 17

The binge: 8 ....Same number I ended with last month. Feb was the shorter month though... I had really hoped I would make it through march with less than eight (Because for me, that shows improvement)

But oh well.

April goals are to not continue every binge day with a second one. That would be great! (I've noticed on my calendar, everytime I binge... the second day always follows. )

I really like this goal...! For sure this is a problem for me, too. I can't have one binge and go right back to my healthy eating, No, I have to continue struggling to get back to equilibrium for sometimes weeks!! I really do fear the binge monster, because once it's got me I really can't get away easily. I don't always binge the next day, but I overeat until I binge again, so I end up gaining back tons of weight fast. I won't make a commitment, because that would mean claiming that I am going to have a binge in my future, and I don't want to speak that into my life. But, if it happens, I need to have some plans for how to stop it fast.
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Me Vs the Binge Challenge

March 26
    Karen 18
    The Binge 8

Days Left 5

Binge Days
    3/1 3/3 3/6 3/7 3/8
    3/16 3/17 3/18

Therapy apt this morning so I hope to discuss more about my anxiety and binge issues. I did binge since my last therapy apt 2 weeks ago. When will this stop?

Good Job everyone that did not binge!!! I may have missed some people.
    :flowerforyou:

SarahRea32, sorry you are sick!! HUGS

StrongerThanY, you are winning against the binge. You have more days than the binge. That is success in my book.

Chasinadream, I do the same.

BoJenks, WELCOME!

MadDogManor, YEAH good job

brownll, The emotional part is the hardest!! Good job

Chibea and lamlam2013 good job!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    March 2013:
    Mollie - 19
    The Binge - 7 (2nd, 9th, 10th, 11th, 14th, 17th, 25th)

Days did not log it all - 4 (10th, 14th, 17th, 25th)
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Jan - 4 days I did not log it ALL
    Feb- 3 days I did not log it ALL

2f935b307f581cf2010e2035f6e9d6fd.jpg
    e09a22e5d8182580d381c106ed8b1691.jpg
  • info_nrs
    info_nrs Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    March 27th:

Me: 2

I may have started late, but I finally pulled ahead!!! :glasses:
  • Rukia_Kuchiki
    Options
    March 27th
    Me: 27
    Binge:0
    Weeks without binging:6 :drinker:
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Kate - 17.
    Binge - 10.

Few days of madness after a long run of good days, as per usual. Nowhere near as it used to be where I would buy carrier bags full and order in certain foods, but certainly serious overeating out in town today and before bed, and of course, an influx of certain kinds of food before bed, prevents me from sleeping, hence it continues into the day.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    March 2013

Diane: 17
    Binge: 9
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    March 27

Me: 16