March Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options
Welcome!!

Well this challenge is a challenge with youself. The challenge is to for you to win in the fight against "The Binge". Many of us struggle with binging and a few of us have found that making "The Binge" a person has helped us fight the emotions or urge to binge.

So the objective of the challenge is to have more days for you (Me) than the "The Binge".

When you have a day you do not succumb to binge urges or binge give yourself (ME) a point. When you give in to the urge to binge you give 'The Binge" a point. No beating yourself up about it because tomorrow is another day. Honesty with yourself is crucial for it to help you and others.

So we keep score with ourselves the whole month. We encourage on another along the way. Please feel free to share you ups, downs, successes, struggles, etc. You will find you are not alone. See below for format. Feel free to use it or use your own format. This Challenge keeps you mindful of binging and the daily support and accountiability helps also.

Check in often. The more you check and share the better you will do for the month. So are you in? You are stronger than the The Binge. One day at a time.

March 2013:
Me (or you can use your user name or real name) - 0
The Binge - 0

***** ATTENTION *****
This request is not meant to offend anyone. I am requesting that people please refrain from mentioning specific foods on this particular binge thread. This is what is used in most thearphy groups for BED. When I was in BED therphy in 2011 we were not allowed to mention specific foods. It could lead others to think about foods that they otherwise would not think of and can trigger binges for others. Hope this makes sense.

Again this request is not meant to offend. It is requested as a means of support and consideration for others using this thread. Please note this request is for this thread only.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
Mollie

Replies

• Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I found this group, and even happier I found this challenge. I've been doing a lot of binging recently (including tonight) and just hope to start fresh tomorrow. One meal at a time, one day at a time....
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm ready to do this! Goodbye February Hello March!
  • beachgirl1793
    Options
    so excited for this! new month, zero binges...i love fresh starts!
  • daisygettinghealthy
    daisygettinghealthy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I was ill yesterday so just ate all day, its too tempting being at home. i was all up for being bad today the i seen this so im so ready for it :)
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    So ready for a clean slate : ) Record: Nov: 9B, Dec. 9B, Jan 4B, Feb 8B. My goal is to have 0, of course, but in reality, less than 4. I have a vacation in three weeks & a wedding in two months. A lot to be prepared for and I do not want to feel badly about myself!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    So ready for a clean slate : ) Record: Nov: 9B, Dec. 9B, Jan 4B, Feb 8B. My goal is to have 0, of course, but in reality, less than 4. I have a vacation in three weeks & a wedding in two months. A lot to be prepared for and I do not want to feel badly about myself!

Same goals here!! February was 8 binge count for me... way to go in Jan. My realistic goal is less than 4 - but I'd love zero this month also.. lol :)
  • kge0891
    kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new here and so happy I found this group!

I started doing MFP seriously in November and did really well up until January. That's when I started binge eating again and since then I have gained some weight back. I'm glad I actually have come to terms with my binge eating, and have realized I have a problem. Since finding this group on Wednesday, I've been binge-free for two days (small steps), and am excited to take part in this challenge and get back on track with my weight loss! Glad I have all of you guys fighting the same thing everyday to support me.
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    New environment, new motivation, new support!!
    I'm hoping for a zero this month, aiming for less than 4 too!!!
    Wouldn't kill myself if I slip up, as long as I'm getting better!!

SUCK IT BINGE MONSTER!

Summer - 1
    Binge 0
  • Rukia_Kuchiki
    Options
    March 1st
    Me:1
    Binge:0
    Feb stats:Me/binge:23/5
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    New environment, new motivation, new support!!
    I'm hoping for a zero this month, aiming for less than 4 too!!!
    Wouldn't kill myself if I slip up, as long as I'm getting better!!

SUCK IT BINGE MONSTER!

Summer - 1
    Binge 0

WOW i'm amazed by my stupid midnight binge of a million calories.

Summer - 0
    Binge - 1
  • MadDogManor
    Options
    Ok, here goes! Best of luck to all challengers :)

March 1

Terri: 1
    binge: 0

Even in the face of chips and dip! Right this minute, I conquered them!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Kate - 0.
    Binge - 1.

Last day of London, and I always end up binging when I come home, probably as I don't feel happy at home, and also because I know I will soon be back to my rigid routine.
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    3-1-13

Me: 1
    Binge: 0

Wanted to binge...went and worked out instead. What?! I'll keep that up.
  • kge0891
    kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    3/1/13

Me: 0
    Binge: 1

Disappointing start, but I've come up with a plan. My friends on MFP encouraged me to make my diary public, but since my binging started up, I haven't been honest with my logging because I don't want everyone else to see :( I've decided to make it private and log everything, so I can start being honest with myself again. Hope this works!!
  • brownll
    brownll Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    3/2/13
    I just joined yesterday and didn't know about the challenge, but fortunately 3/1 was a no-binge day for me. So:
    Me 1
    Binge 0
    This morning, I felt frustration about using our camcorder and I'm also taking a day of rest due to a cold, so frustration + boredom = desire to eat.
    So, I decided to go to my computer and read on this site until the desire passes or I'm actually hungry for lunch.
    (I have been able to lose weight over the past year by riding my exercise bike a lot, but still bingeing. Since I've been plateauing, I've realized I'm at a pivotal point. Do I let the Binge win, or do I take control and get to my goal? Also, I want a life and want to do more with my free time than binge and ride my bike...}
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I had a slight binge last night. I wanted a cookie then I ended up eating 4 cookies!!! I stopped before I was sick and full but still a slip up.

I am posting my end of Feb one since I forgot to add that one :)

February 2013:
    Karen 20
    The Binge 8

Days Left 0

March 2013:
    Karen 0
    The Binge 1

Days Left 31

Binge Days
    3/2
  • Rukia_Kuchiki
    Options
    March 2nd
    Me:2
    Binge:0
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Kate - 0.
    Binge - 2.

Worst 24 hours since Oct last year. About 10k calories of two different foods iin that period of time. It is frighteningly easy to get through a lot of calories in certain calorie dense, but non filling foods for me. Be thankful, those who binge on just a few hundred calories. It was my error of judgement in buying a load of the food I know I tend to lose control with. I tend to have a period of days when I return from my mum's and all the eating I do there, of sort of not caring anymore. The combination of no exercise and meals out sends me into a tailspin. I went with the best of intentions, but usually by the second day, I cave in and decide to enjoy my time there, including meals, making choices I want most tastewise, rather than the healthiest choices. I was determined to have only one dessert over the 3 days but once I had one, I wanted more.

Then at night time, the usual routine set in, of having a bowl of something or two, even when full. I don't know why this happens. I don't touch cereal at home. I haven't had meals out or any desserts at home more recently either. But my weight is totally normal, I eat plenty at home, so there is no excuse really. It was more acceptable when I was hovering at 126 which is underweight for my height. I at least had weight leeway back then, even though binging is unhealthy, obviously,

I really do not think I will ever find a solution to the visiting mother in London issue. I go every 2-3 months for 2-3 days. Only options I see are to keep my diet pristine during the periods in between so I can be okay with those days of overeating, or to incorporate more meals out here and occasional bowls of that trigger food etc, and see if that helps.

Back on track tomorrow once I hit the gym, with luck. And reducing my calorie intake for a while to give my body a rest.
  • kernjamie
    kernjamie Posts: 37
    Options
    Hello,
    I am new to the group and so glad I found you guys. I messed up tonight :(
    I am newly divorced mom of three little ones and they are all at home with me. I also have a long history of eating disorder. I just want to be healthy for my kids and not eat over how others treat me, or how stressed out I am feeling that day. I have been doing great with the exercise, I just need to get the food under wraps. Tomorrow will be day one for me. So glad to have found this group.
  • MadDogManor
    Options
    3/2

Terri - 2
    binge - 0

One minute at a time tonight