March Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options

Replies

• karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    kge0891, So sorry you are having a tough time! We have all been there. Feel free to add me as well. I ams till fighting my binge urges. I am trying to figure out why I binge. I think finding out why I do it will help me stop binging.

Good Luck!
    Hugs,
    Karen
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Last night was rough! I fell asleep for much longer than expected after a long day of church and going to the gym. I woke up around 11:30-12 so hungry. I just wanted to eat everything in site! But instead I drank my whole container of water, waited about an hr or so, then went and found my low cal snacks. I ate about 2 servings, but not the whole bag like i use to!

March 3rd

Netta - 3
    Binge - 0
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Me:1
    Binge: 2 (3/1,3/3)

I am in serious need of some help and support. I feel powerless against binging, like I can't fight it at all. Today is my 100th day logging into MFP. The first three months I did amazing and lost about 14 lbs. The past month and a half, the binge monster has consumed me and I'm putting weight back on. At this rate, I'm going to end up heavier than I started, and it's so frustrating cause I started off doing so well! I'm not really sure what causes my binging because I have so many positive things going for me in my life now (a lot more than I used to at least). Please add me as a friend, or message me if you are going through the same thing, or if you have tips to help me overcome my binging. I have no idea where to go from here, and every time I binge, it results in the most extreme self-loathing I've ever felt. So please, lend me a hand to help me through this! I want to beat the binge!!

The first few months of dedication on here last year and i lost 15 lbs, gained 10 back and have been yo-yoing five lbs . I'm working on getting back to where I was before but the binges did sabotage me. We are HERE FOR YOU! :flowerforyou: Hang in there!
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    Last night was rough! I fell asleep for much longer than expected after a long day of church and going to the gym. I woke up around 11:30-12 so hungry. I just wanted to eat everything in site! But instead I drank my whole container of water, waited about an hr or so, then went and found my low cal snacks. I ate about 2 servings, but not the whole bag like i use to!

March 3rd

Netta - 3
    Binge - 0

Proud of you!!!
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    March 4th, 2013.

Me: 4

The Binge: 0

~does a happy dance~

I've still had urges but I've been fighting them for the most part. Mainly whats been helping my cravings is keeping sweeteners out of my diet and doing enough cardio to 'earn calories' back - giving me more leeway. The scale has been looking good which boosts my esteem but these are all temporary things keeping me going. I'd like to remain positive this march and not let myself slide back again. I feel like I can do it.
  • FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    March 4th, 2013.

Me: 4

The Binge: 0

~does a happy dance~

I've still had urges but I've been fighting them for the most part. Mainly whats been helping my cravings is keeping sweeteners out of my diet and doing enough cardio to 'earn calories' back - giving me more leeway. The scale has been looking good which boosts my esteem but these are all temporary things keeping me going. I'd like to remain positive this march and not let myself slide back again. I feel like I can do it.

you CAN do it!!! :)
  • FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    me: 3
    binge: 0
  • brownll
    brownll Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    3/4/13 Monday - This is day 4 of the challenge and I have made it through the first 3 days with no bingeing. So it's me - 3 and Binge Monster 0.

I am using distraction to keep me on track. While I was eating my legitimate, planned snack, when I got the emotional feeling that what I had prepared wasn't enough, I set the bowl down and did something else. Then I came back to the food and ate. I got the feeling again that when I got to the end of what was in the bowl, it wouldn't be enough. So I put the bowl down again and read some magazines that I am sorting to decide whether to keep or not (a purposeful, but pleasant activity). By the third time, I was at peace with the quantity that I had. When I finished it, I did not make another bowl of it, whereas in the past, I have followed with up to 3 more bowls. This idea just came to me and I am relieved to be able to have a treat in moderation for the past 2 nights. This is BIG for me.
  • brownll
    brownll Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    3/4/13 - What I've discovered on my journey is that each of us has the answer to what we need, and that others can't really give us the solution. When we share what works for us it might give others an idea that they can tweak for themselves. I'm glad you've discovered that not using sweeteners helps you.

I realized that I don't know how to make a post that replies directly underneath someone else...
  • Rukia_Kuchiki
    Options
    March 4th
    Me:4
    Binge:0
    :smile:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,370 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone!

Had a rough weekend but only one binge and that was not when I was stressed either. My Dad had a rough fall yesterday and in hospital so praying he will be ok. He is doing a MRI today so we will see. I was with him in ER until this morning and beat but suprisingly no urges to binge. I think seeing sick people in emergency help me not to binge for sure.

March 2013:
    Mollie - 2
    The Binge - 1 (2nd)

Days did not log it all - 0
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Jan - 4 days I did not log it ALL
    Feb- 3 days I did not log it ALL
    e09a22e5d8182580d381c106ed8b1691.jpg
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    3/4/13 - What I've discovered on my journey is that each of us has the answer to what we need, and that others can't really give us the solution. When we share what works for us it might give others an idea that they can tweak for themselves. I'm glad you've discovered that not using sweeteners helps you.

I realized that I don't know how to make a post that replies directly underneath someone else...

Thank you!

TBH I have to change my count I binged today (after 5 days binge free, I think. It would have been 6 if I stayed strong today!!)
    So the binge won this Monday. 4,000 calories total today :(
    Trying to stay positive and accountable still; I felt posting this would help instead of hiding it.

When you want to reply to the post you click "quote" on the right bottom of the comment. ♥
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options

Had a rough weekend but only one binge and that was not when I was stressed either. My Dad had a rough fall yesterday and in hospital so praying he will be ok. He is doing a MRI today so we will see. I was with him in ER until this morning and beat but suprisingly no urges to binge. I think seeing sick people in emergency help me not to binge for sure.
    Seeing those in the emergency room help me not binge also. Hugs sent ~
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Seems I want more when I eat more.

I agree! The "eat more to lose more" mentality does NOT work for me. Eating more IS my issue. I have to be super diligent in measuring and weighing everything.

Terri - 3
    binge - 1

Found myself inhaling food before I even knew it.
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    March 4, 2013

me: 3
    the binge: 1 (3/3)
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    March 4th.

Kate - 2.
    Binge - 2.
  • beachgirl1793
    Options
    Not off to the best start...
    ME: 1
    binge: 2 (3/1, 3/4)
    overeating: 1 (3/2)

school has really been stressing me out...i know it's no excuse, and I seriously need to stop turning to food for comfort. if any other college students are in this group feel free to add me! i need all the help i can get!
  • kge0891
    kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    March 4, 2013

Me:2
    Binge: 2 (3/1,3/3)

MUCH better day today! Thanks for all the friend requests, messages, and support! Kept myself pretty busy and was able to avoid stuffing my face! Sure hope this new trend sticks! Thanks everyone :)
  • kge0891
    kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
    Options

I really hope everything turns out ok!

And beachgirl1793, I know we are already friends but I'm also in college too! Feel free to message me whenever you're feeling stressed!
  • ladylumps12
    ladylumps12 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    what a great idea!! so far March has been ok but its only the 4th lol. Feb-3.