Replies

• rincoglionita
    rincoglionita Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    March 2013

3/7/13

Me: 7
    the binge: 0

I think I actually underate today, definitely didn't get enough protein. Tomorrow is a new day, though.
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi all, new to this group.

I have had a terrible start to March. I had made myself the promise of no binges in March.

8/3/13

Sarah: 3
    the binge: 5
  • ashleyolivia
    ashleyolivia Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    March Challenge - 3/8/2013

Me - 6
    The Binge - 1 (3/3)
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    3-8-13

Me: 6
    Binge: 2 (3/2, 3/4)

Goal: Less than 4 B days

I've been logging in early each day which I know isn't always the best idea, but for some reason it's helping to keep me accountable. Here's a good weekend!
  • FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    March 2013

3/6/13

the binge: 0

Days logged: 6/31

I exercised today! Well, I walked fast for almost an hour, but it made me sweaty and got my heart rate up, so it's kind of like exercise.... And I'm learning that the worst food cravings, like I can't eat enough, are about a week before TOM, not just before, so being accountable here has helped me learn more about what to expect.

i totally agree that i didn't realize my patterns until i quit binging...how could i understand those patterns when i gave in every time i had a craving?? amazing that it's taken me so long to realize when my body might actually need a little more food. i'm also a week before TOM...like my body is preparing itself, which it is. :)
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    March 2013

Diane: 5
    Binge: 0

Go Diane!! You are rocking:drinker:
    Any advice for the rest of us???

Thanks!

Advice? I could give advice all day. When I am struggling I need to be reminded of my own advice though. Far too easy to forget all of these things. Eliminate stress. Talk out your feelings. Create a sanctuary in your home. Take care of your health. Focus on health and not the number on the scale or how many pounds lost. Focus on nutrition instead of calories consumed. Keep Busy.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    March 2013

Diane: 6
    Binge: 1
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    March 2013

Diane: 5
    Binge: 0

Go Diane!! You are rocking:drinker:
    Any advice for the rest of us???

Thanks!

Advice? I could give advice all day. When I am struggling I need to be reminded of my own advice though. Far too easy to forget all of these things. Eliminate stress. Talk out your feelings. Create a sanctuary in your home. Take care of your health. Focus on health and not the number on the scale or how many pounds lost. Focus on nutrition instead of calories consumed. Keep Busy.

Nicely said <3
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    March 8th ~~

The Binge: 2

I'm on day 3 of being binge free, and I'm already starting to crave and want to over consume now that all the bloat and sick feeling is gone (from a couple days ago)
    It's like... I know I will feel terrible, yet I want to eat. I feel like I want it because of the taste (I don't think I'm too emotional right now?) But I am not happy with my body and I think some of me wanting to throw things out the window is because I'm bummed about where I am right now. Seeing pics of me thinner and seeing clothes that don't fit makes me sad - I need to get out of this woe is me attitude. The only way possible to get to my ultimate goal weight is to NOT binge (so why do I keep getting depressed about the current and wanting to sabotage!?... It should be my motivation lol)

I also think sweeteners are making my cravings rise . Ahh ~

Happy Friday Everyone ^-^

I'll get through the day <3
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    March 8th ~~

I'm on day 3 of being binge free, and I'm already starting to crave and want to over consume now that all the bloat and sick feeling is gone (from a couple days ago)
    It's like... I know I will feel terrible, yet I want to eat. I feel like I want it because of the taste (I don't think I'm too emotional right now?) But I am not happy with my body and I think some of me wanting to throw things out the window is because I'm bummed about where I am right now. Seeing pics of me thinner and seeing clothes that don't fit makes me sad - I need to get out of this woe is me attitude. The only way possible to get to my ultimate goal weight is to NOT binge (so why do I keep getting depressed about the current and wanting to sabotage!?... It should be my motivation lol)

Totally relate to this. I too often binge for the taste, especially a) before my period b) if I have had a run of days where I exercised intensely.
    I too gained from a weight I was happy at, and gained through a 6 week, emotionally bought in binge session. Really bad. Not managed to get it off because I cannot cut my calories that low with the exercise I am doing and I am just no good at restricting these days. I too struggle with sweetners. I am sure they increase my cravings, but the thought of my hot chocolate and tea with nothing sweet makes me sad, lol. To drink my drinks with nothing after decades, well, I would probably end up quitting hot drinks altogether.
  • Rukia_Kuchiki
    Options
    March 8th
    Me:8
    Binge:0
    Hoping I'll get through the weekend binge free.Fingers crossed!
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    March 8
    Greeky - 3
    Binge - 4

I *will* even the score out today though, tomorrow will be greeky-4 binge-4. I am determined!!!

I've decided that snacking is what's killing me - especially at work, so I've decided to try the no-s "diet" (I don't use that word but that's what it's called) No snacks, sweets, or seconds except on s-days...and I can usually handle snacks on the weekend so I am excited to try this. It's easier for me to not snack at all than to try to moderate. Nine times out of ten my snacking turns into bingeing. I'm such a food addict.
  • ObtainingBalance
    Options
    March 8th ~~

Totally relate to this. I too often binge for the taste, especially a) before my period b) if I have had a run of days where I exercised intensely.
    I too gained from a weight I was happy at, and gained through a 6 week, emotionally bought in binge session. Really bad. Not managed to get it off because I cannot cut my calories that low with the exercise I am doing and I am just no good at restricting these days. I too struggle with sweetners. I am sure they increase my cravings, but the thought of my hot chocolate and tea with nothing sweet makes me sad, lol. To drink my drinks with nothing after decades, well, I would probably end up quitting hot drinks altogether.

Yeah.... I had 4-5 cups of coffee with a dash of milk and stevia. I think that was a lot of caffeine and sweetener which could have made my sweet tooth worse. I know the taste is what I want a binge for right now; but if its not out of hunger I dont think anything will stop me from continuing to eat. I dont need it... :/

I am at 2,000 calories and it's 4:30 PM. I overate some but no binges.

Thanks for responding.
  • Suzmp85
    Suzmp85 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Here is my update for this month

Suzanne: 6
    Binge: 2

This habit is really hard to kick. It's the endless cycle, having the urge, fighting the urge, giving in, and then feeling guilty. There's just days I feel like giving up. I feel tired of fighting sometimes. I know that's not the way to go, its liking fighting a villian. You keep fighting until you have defeated them. I want to be the victorious one on my end. Not the binge. :cry:
    -I often think my therapist is right. Maybe I don't want to let go of the addiction yet.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Terri - 7
    binge - 1

Weekends are hard for me and I know I'm not alone. We can make it :)
    I'm planning on gardening a bit and doing a science fair with my daughter.
    Good luck everybody!
  • kge0891
    kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
    Options

This habit is really hard to kick. It's the endless cycle, having the urge, fighting the urge, giving in, and then feeling guilty. There's just days I feel like giving up. I feel tired of fighting sometimes. I know that's not the way to go, its liking fighting a villian. You keep fighting until you have defeated them. I want to be the victorious one on my end. Not the binge. :cry:
    -I often think my therapist is right. Maybe I don't want to let go of the addiction yet.

I agree. Some days I look forward to binging, and even make trips to the grocery store for a binge that I've already planned in my head. It's completely awful. It really is an exhausting battle, but hopefully over time I can keep my binges down to one a month. That would be ideal. I don't I'll ever truly say I've defeated binging, but if I can limit it, that will be a huge accomplishment.
  • Suzmp85
    Suzmp85 Posts: 184 Member
    Options

I agree. Some days I look forward to binging, and even make trips to the grocery store for a binge that I've already planned in my head. It's completely awful. It really is an exhausting battle, but hopefully over time I can keep my binges down to one a month. That would be ideal. I don't I'll ever truly say I've defeated binging, but if I can limit it, that will be a huge accomplishment.

I agree with you on that one. I used to binge every day or every couple of days, but have limited it to maybe..3-5 binges a month. I'd like to cut that down to even more. I think your right, I think this is something we could struggle with the rest of our lives. Even at my highest weight, I wasn't this bad. I had binges maybe once every couple of months. The thing is we just keep trying, day by day, meal by meal. It's also hard for other MFP friends to understand when they don't have this problem. I don't even want to want to log it..but I do.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Kate - 4.
    Binge - 4.

Hardest time to fight for me. Pmt, craving left, right and centre, moody, clumsy, angry. Glad I have nothing unhealthy around. Gave the rest of the mini cookies I had a few of yesterday, to the boyfriend. He is useful that way. I had my serving after my workout and know if I had them around, I would most likely have finished them before bed.
  • dc_amaryllis
    dc_amaryllis Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    March 8

Me: 5
    Binge: 3

NSV: I went to the movies and didn't indulge in popcorn and candy. :)
    Weekends are so challenging. Good luck everyone.
  • kge0891
    kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    March 8, 2013

Me: 5
    Binge: 3 (3/1,3/3, 3/7)

Fought the monster and won today! It was really hard, but I really don't want to setback my weightloss anymore. Time to make some serious changes and show the binge monster who is the boss!!

Binge-free for: 1 day