March 2013

Diane: 6
    Binge: 3
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Terri - 9
    binge - 1

Had an ok weekend food wise. Now to deal with this stupid time change - I always get more exhausted. Hope it doesn't lead to binge later.
  • dc_amaryllis
    dc_amaryllis Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    March 10

Me: 7

I'm actually surprised that I didn't binge this weekend. :)
  • dc_amaryllis
    dc_amaryllis Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Me-2
    Binge monster- 8 :(
    Having a really hard time doing what I need to do! Frustrated, sad, and not sure how to gain control over it!

Tomorrow's a new day. Fresh start. You can beat the binge.
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Me: 8 :drinker:
    the Binge: 1 :devil:

Calm again...wish I knew why my cravings change from one day to another. I don't have any hormones anymore so I can't blame that..
    Grateful for the food peace I am experiencing:smile:
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Me-2
    Binge monster- 8 :(
    Having a really hard time doing what I need to do! Frustrated, sad, and not sure how to gain control over it!

I know how you are feeling. It's really hard! I've decided to treat this thing like an addiction/habit that I need to break, because for me it seems like once I've given in to the binge monster once it's so hard not to do it all over again the next day. But, I have had wonderful success giving up cigarettes. I'm thinking of this habit as just as unhealthy for me and using that as the 'pain' I need to give it up. I gave up ciggies after seeing my Gran's gangrenous foot just before amputation - caused by smoking. I am reminding myself of my family history of diabetes and that this disease can cause the same thing to happen and trying to call up the image of her foot when I want to binge. Has worked the last 2 days!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    March 2013:
    Mollie - 7
    The Binge - 3 (2nd, 9th, 10th)

Days did not log it all - 1 (10th)
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Jan - 4 days I did not log it ALL
    Feb- 3 days I did not log it ALL

2f935b307f581cf2010e2035f6e9d6fd.jpg
    e09a22e5d8182580d381c106ed8b1691.jpg
  • kge0891
    kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    March 10, 2013

Binge: 3 (3/1,3/3, 3/7)

Showing that binge who is boss! Hope the scale isn't too mean to me tomorrow. Finally changing my weight tomorrow, no matter what it says!

Binge-free for: 3 days
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    It was pretty hard not to binge today, but I've realized that although for me it is always a super emotional event that triggers the initial binge that breaks a binge-free run, it is the habit/addiction of it that I fall back into. Its a bit like quitting cigarettes

[/quote/]

This!!
    This is really true for me. I posted that I don't know what starts it, but after reading this post, I think it is an emotional stress of some kind and then I reach for the food - not a drink, not a cigarette, but food. I quit both cigarettes and booze over the years, so I know how to do this...but it's the daily eating in moderation that gets me. Can't go 'cold turkey' on food. I reach for it so quickly, I don't even know until it's too late.
    My goal has got to be to be conscious of my addictive behavior before I indulge in it.
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    3-11-13

Binge: 4 (3/2, 3/4, 3/8, 3/9)

Goal: Less than 4 B days

And vacation in two weeks. No B.
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    11th March

Sarah - 6
    The Binge -5

I'm winning! :)

Hope you all had a good day
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I am tied with the BINGE

March 2013:
    Karen 5
    The Binge 5

Days Left 21

Binge Days
    3/1
    3/3
    3/6
    3/7
    3/8
  • karendee4
    Options
    March 10, 2013

Binge: 3 (3/1,3/3, 3/7)

Showing that binge who is boss! Hope the scale isn't too mean to me tomorrow. Finally changing my weight tomorrow, no matter what it says!

Binge-free for: 3 days

I have emotional triggers too! I wish I could figure out how to stop them!
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Me: 9
    Binge: 1 (3-2)
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    March 11th, 2013 ~

Me: 9

The Binge: 2 (3/4, 3/5)

Binge free day 6
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    March 2013

Diane: 7
  • Jasmine_James
    Jasmine_James Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    So grateful to have discovered this group. I lost 15 pounds in the first 6 weeks of 2013. Then I hit a plateau and my nutritionist recommended a 10-day break to increase my carbs (I've been doing a ketosis diet). That break turned into almost a month. Carbs turned into my usual weaknesses, and that lead to daily binges. Now I've gained back 5 pounds. So discouraging.

In the past, this is moment I would give up. I'd say, "Well, I've already binged this much -- I've already gained back the weight, so I might as well just give in to it" and "I've already binged this month, so this month is a wash; I might as well wait until next month to restart the diet." But instead, I'm admitting to what's happened (which is big for me) and I restarted my diet yesterday.

I pretty much binged March 1-8. My goal will be NO MORE binges for the rest of March.
  • karendee4
    Options
    So grateful to have discovered this group. I lost 15 pounds in the first 6 weeks of 2013. Then I hit a plateau and my nutritionist recommended a 10-day break to increase my carbs (I've been doing a ketosis diet). That break turned into almost a month. Carbs turned into my usual weaknesses, and that lead to daily binges. Now I've gained back 5 pounds. So discouraging.

In the past, this is moment I would give up. I'd say, "Well, I've already binged this much -- I've already gained back the weight, so I might as well just give in to it" and "I've already binged this month, so this month is a wash; I might as well wait until next month to restart the diet." But instead, I'm admitting to what's happened (which is big for me) and I restarted my diet yesterday.

I pretty much binged March 1-8. My goal will be NO MORE binges for the rest of March.

Sounds familar to me. I do the same thing. I am learning not to give up just because of a binge or bad food choice.

So glad you are here!!
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    March 11
    Greeky - 5
    Binge - 5