Week 1 Goals

Options
lizz2013
lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
As everyone loses weight at a different rate I won't be setting weight loss as a goal.

Instead, for week 1 the goal will be to burn over 2000 calories from cardio alone. That's just 300 calories a day!

Plus, 1000 calories from strength training/weights a week - this could be a Jillian Michaels DVD 3 times a week, or whatever you fancy!

Feel free to comment on here how you are getting on and in a weeks time we will record how many calories we burned for cardio and strength, plus our measurements. Good luck people!

If you have any ideas for goals for Week 2, feel free to add them here :)

Replies

• lizz2013
    Options
    Whoever completes the most cardio and Weights training in week 1 will be named winner for that week!
    And whoever loses the most weight that week will also be named winner!

So come on, let your competitive sides out!
  • DanielleJoy129
    Options
    Great Idea, what's the official "start date" for the week?

Also, idea for week 2 goal: 35 servings of fruits/vegetables for the week, or 40 for an extra push?
  • lizz2013
    Options
    Great idea. I think I'm gonna push fruit/veg and water for week 2 :)

Official start day is today. So as long as everyone takes measurements at some point over the weekend, depending on their schedule of course.
  • MrsSassyPants
    MrsSassyPants Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Okay! Let's go.

Day 1-03/30 Recumbent bike, circuit training 60 min. 482 calories
  • L8dyJ
    L8dyJ Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I love this idea such a great incentive I will be doing Jillian Michaels as my cardio I'm also going to Zumba and attend 2 classes at lifetime fitness this week.
  • smallmuscleathelete
    smallmuscleathelete Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    lol, this is going to be tough for me... as my type of exercise is walking!
    I probably will modify this a bit, just try to hit 2000 "calorie burning" and skip strength training part for now.
  • Icyy037
    Icyy037 Posts: 13
    Options
    My start date is tomorrow! so I hope it's okay if I track on Sundays! 300 calories a day hmmm def doable, yoga and a walk will make it happen =)
  • PlantBasedGrace
    PlantBasedGrace Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea! Will definitely motivate me to run more and do more weight training, which I need.
  • StephanieCo3
    StephanieCo3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Love the goal. The weather here is finally warm enough to get out and be active. And I'm doing my trial period at a gym this week.
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Hope to get more exercise tomorrow.
    Day 1 3/30. walk 40 min (145)
  • lizz2013
    Options
    lol, this is going to be tough for me... as my type of exercise is walking!
    I probably will modify this a bit, just try to hit 2000 "calorie burning" and skip strength training part for now.

Just do what is right for you. The goals will change each week so there will always be something that you can get involved with :)
  • lizz2013
    Options
    My start date is tomorrow! so I hope it's okay if I track on Sundays! 300 calories a day hmmm def doable, yoga and a walk will make it happen =)

You can start this when you want from Friday through to Sunday, but those starting after this weekend might be a bit behind in the first week.
  • lizz2013
    Options
    Right, I'm off to do some serious cardio today! Good luck everyone!
  • jaxnjosh
    jaxnjosh Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Im going to do 1 hour of circuit training and 1 hour of recumbent biking tonight. :)
  • newstart257
    newstart257 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Im starting tomorrow (Easter meal killed any hopes of getting off the couch to go work out...)!
    I have a rather busy schedule, but I will do my best to reach the 2000kcal target by next Sunday :)
  • zentha1384
    zentha1384 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I didn't know about this until today, but I still managed to get in cardio on my own.

Day 1: 323 calories burned
  • thepinkpacker
    thepinkpacker Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Love this challenge.
    Did 40 minutes weight training yesterday and today.
    I will get my cardio fix tmrw. Keep working it peeps.
  • zentha1384
    zentha1384 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Day 1: 323 calories burned (from cardio)
    Day 2: 374 total calories burned (293 from cardio, 81 from lifting)

I am pretty sure I won't make the 1000 for lifting but I am sure going to try for it
  • lizlashley2009
    lizlashley2009 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am going to try to do ripped in 30 in the am and the gym at night is my goal.
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Hope to get more exercise tomorrow.
    Day 1 3/30. walk 40 min (145)
    Day 3 4/1 Ripped in 30 strength (270), walk 30 minutes (120), stationary bike 40 minutes (300)