30 day challenge

Options
2»

Replies

• Scar1964
    Scar1964 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Day 18 completed and staying strong. Knee hurts a little but no time to stop here. Let's keep it going.

@scar1964 how is your training going. Keep me posted, love me to know!

Training is going well. I try to post on this site, but I use a Garmin GPS/HRM and their website for detailed logging of training. I am following their routine for half marathon that is 16 weeks in length. Their calender includes yoga once a week as part of the training. Will post Thur. results after 1st session.
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Day 18 completed and staying strong. Knee hurts a little but no time to stop here. Let's keep it going.

Training is going well. I try to post on this site, but I use a Garmin GPS/HRM and their website for detailed logging of training. I am following their routine for half marathon that is 16 weeks in length. Their calender includes yoga once a week as part of the training. Will post Thur. results after 1st session.

Good to know. I will start strength training today, ballet beautiful....;0) Will you be able to provide daily support. I need all the help and willing to reciprocate. Let me know ;0)
  • Scar1964
    Options

Good to know. I will start strength training today, ballet beautiful....;0) Will you be able to provide daily support. I need all the help and willing to reciprocate. Let me know ;0)

Yes. I do not always log food, I'm currently @ OK weight and am going to focus on training. I sent friend request. Good luck w/ your strength training.
  • Scar1964
    Options
    @bikinisuited

WOW. I did not snap w/ the 30 day challenge. Your going for 30 consecutive days? That's amazing. I going on three weeks of avoiding my first class. Now I have been shamed into going. You must be seeing results w/ 18 classes done. Awesome job.
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    @bikinisuited

WOW. I did not snap w/ the 30 day challenge. Your going for 30 consecutive days? That's amazing. I going on three weeks of avoiding my first class. Now I have been shamed into going. You must be seeing results w/ 18 classes done. Awesome job.

If needed, you can always do two classes to catch-up. Tomorrow will be my 20 day completion. Guess what, I am going for the 60 day challenge. Would you be willing to give me daily support and I am happy to reciprocate? Let me know....;0)
  • Scar1964
    Options
    @bikinisuited

Would you be willing to give me daily support and I am happy to reciprocate? Let me know....;0)

Yes. Will send friend request.
  • uberkrafty
    uberkrafty Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    @bikinisuited: how's your 30/60 day challenge? That's so great that you're doing this!!
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    @bikinisuited: how's your 30/60 day challenge? That's so great that you're doing this!!

Thank you. Unfortunately after completing my 27 days, my baker's cyst swell up and got worst. I did not complete 30 days due to my injury and orthopedic appt. this week. Thank you for asking, I am disappointed with myself but it is better to rest. Please know that I did enjoy the classes and noticed a huge difference on my body. Scale the same...;0(
  • uberkrafty
    uberkrafty Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    @bikinisuited: sorry to hear about your injury :( -- in my book you did it though!!
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    @bikinisuited: sorry to hear about your injury :( -- in my book you did it though!!

You are very sweet. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Well, thank you, much appreciate it. You know I was feeling like a failure having to quit and numerous negative thoughts, but I realized that this was my second injury this year, with 3 baker's cyst. Not worth it. I will definitely will add additional yoga to my routine once I am back to normal. Ortho appt. on 4/15/13 for an evaluation..
  • vick441
    vick441 Posts: 42 Member
    Options

You are very sweet. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Well, thank you, much appreciate it. You know I was feeling like a failure having to quit and numerous negative thoughts, but I realized that this was my second injury this year, with 3 baker's cyst. Not worth it. I will definitely will add additional yoga to my routine once I am back to normal. Ortho appt. on 4/15/13 for an evaluation..

Rosie, no hard feeling, no need to interpret this as a failure, it is simply incomplete at this point the way it was started, and you've got to look at what you have achieved completing your 27 days, experiencing all mental and physical benefits along the way, getting prepared to your new challenge once you recover from the injury. It is fundamental in yoga to make no harm to yourself or others, to keep everything in harmony. Let us know how you go, looking forward to see you back on track!
  • smithta1
    smithta1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    6 days in on a 30 day challenge at my local Yoga house here in Stafford, VA. Even before the challenge I try to go at least 4 days a week to either an hour class or hour and half class.

Do you happen to do classes at an actual yoga house or?..... do they actually have the heaters in the ceiling?