What's your ride

Options

Replies

• dsl01
    dsl01 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    2yxqejk.jpg

It's really about done. It now runs, shifts and goes pretty well, but still needs some fine tuning on it's carburation. Brakes are rebuilt but still a little sketchy, so I have to sort that out before its safely streetable. Can't recall on the Sporty's, but this one is right side shift AND has a reversed shift pattern so, no, its not easy to go back and forth from modern bikes to this thing.
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    04 Vulcan Mean Streak....Pic is in the ticker and a few on profile
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Currently 2008 HD Heritage Classic Softail 96cubic inch. LOVE IT!!!! Fits my body perfectly. Started on dirtbikes in 1973, now I only cruise. I Live in motorcycle heaven. Black Hills of SD. Last ride was last monday.
  • starryk
    Options
    I am envious of those that live south - in Ontario we have snow, cold and wind - I also have PMS :( However, last couple years, we have been able to get out first weekend in March - so... crossing my fingers.

I have a yamaha Vstar 1100 - I love it - I love taking it south of the border to ride those awesome backroads in the mountains.
  • annetteajordan
    Options
    Hi,

I just joined the group, been on MFP for a couple weeks and at this lifestyle change for about a month. I love to ride. My current ride is a 2005 VTX 1300 Honda.Yes it is a cruiser. As for how many bikes I have owned
    1972 Harley Ironhead Sportster
    2005 Kawasaki 800 Vulcan Classic
    2005 Honda VTX 1300
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    2yxqejk.jpg

It's really about done. It now runs, shifts and goes pretty well, but still needs some fine tuning on it's carburation. Brakes are rebuilt but still a little sketchy, so I have to sort that out before its safely streetable. Can't recall on the Sporty's, but this one is right side shift AND has a reversed shift pattern so, no, its not easy to go back and forth from modern bikes to this thing.

Fabulous, dsl !!! Thanks for sharing the pic.

Elaine in CO
  • baddbob
    baddbob Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    2yxqejk.jpg

Fabulous, dsl !!! Thanks for sharing the pic.

Elaine in CO

Badd-*kitten* bike. Back in the day the bikes that bikers respected were Harleys, Indians, Triumphs, and Norton Commanders. Even a couple BSA's showed up a meets. This bike brings back some memories.

Thanks for sharing!!

BB
  • Zosimah
    Zosimah Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Cleaned out most of the stable over the last couple of years but couldn't part with these:

2001 Bonneville

7a3029ec-7349-4825-a295-5dd742e3fa1c.jpg

2001 F650GS - Dakar (my daily bike)

[img]http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr299/gawest/Dakar in Dirt/P1000057.jpg[/img]

(this is an older pic but one of my fav's)
  • dsl01
    Options
    "Cleaned out most of the stable over the last couple of years but couldn't part with these:"

Nice pair, Zosimah.

Cool Dakar, I love to see bikes that work for a living!
  • Zosimah
    Options

That poor bike. Ridden hard and put up wet. Gas and oil changes are the only regular maintenance. That's a good thing since it's removing 14 screws to get to the battery! The BMW Motorrad have designed some amazing things, but someone should hire a mechanic to go over the plans before they are finished.
  • dsl01
    Options

That poor bike. Ridden hard and put up wet. Gas and oil changes are the only regular maintenance. That's a good thing since it's removing 14 screws to get to the battery! The BMW Motorrad have designed some amazing things, but someone should hire a mechanic to go over the plans before they are finished.

Ha!
    Laughing because I have a friend that rode one just like yours for several years. I listened to him cuss that thing many times for the same reasons.
    Understand what your saying, too, I have a '99 Cagiva Gran Canyon that's just covered up with weird.
  • Zosimah
    Options
    Oh man. The Gran Canyon with the Ducati engine is the hidden secret of Adventure Bikes. You have a Cagiva and a restored Norton? Will you adopt me or at least move in next door?
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    The Cagiva Gran Canyon was one of the bikes that first ignited my interest in bikes as a teenager.
  • dsl01
    Options
    Oh man. The Gran Canyon with the Ducati engine is the hidden secret of Adventure Bikes. You have a Cagiva and a restored Norton? Will you adopt me or at least move in next door?

Yeah, I am hopelessly addicted. I looked for a Gran Canyon forever that was decent, and then found this one here in town.

2i61f.jpg
  • dsl01
    Options
    oops. Maybe this....
    2vc96ja.jpg
  • joelann10
    joelann10 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have a 2003 Harley Wide Glide :) I love riding my harley! I am hoping to shed some weight before summer comes so I don't jiggle too much going down the road!
  • Zosimah
    Options
    Nice bike Joelann. How long have you had it?
  • CupcakeXB9R
    Options
    i have a 2005 buell Firebolt xb9r, originally it was a xb9sx lightning city x. I love this bike but hopefully ill have an upgrade by the end of the summer.

283251_10150728776875201_655855_n.jpg
  • ftwmc
    ftwmc Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi just joined the group, been riding for about 41 years started with a Suzuki k10 80 now ride the chopped sporty in the profile pic. Had way too many bikes to list but love all styles and bikes . Used go race but being over weight has stopped that Dao need to looseabout 50kgs. My wife has just lost 50kgs so the pressure is on.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Hi just joined the group, been riding for about 41 years started with a Suzuki k10 80 now ride the chopped sporty in the profile pic. Had way too many bikes to list but love all styles and bikes . Used go race but being over weight has stopped that Dao need to looseabout 50kgs. My wife has just lost 50kgs so the pressure is on.

Welcome, ftwmc! Love that sporty. You can do the weight loss thing, it doesn't have to be hard. :flowerforyou: