Testing

Options
GmaQueenBee
GmaQueenBee Posts: 153 Member
Tested my beloved pork chops yesterday and gained 1.3 pounds. It would be nice if I lost the same amount on rest day. What have you been testing and what were your results? Good or bad?

Replies

• LaurieWurster
    LaurieWurster Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am mostly a vegetarian - except I eat fish and eggs. I have failed every fish I have tried. I have failed goat cheese (but I was expecting that since I am allergic to dairy), and I have failed bread. We had a funeral luncheon on Wednesday, and of course there was nothing I could eat that was part of the plan, so I just chalked it up to an off day. I was up 2.2 pounds the next day! I ate from a friendly day, yesterday and 1 of those pounds went away. <sigh>

I have passed almonds, rye, and chickpeas, though. I LOVE almond butter. I probably won't go back to peanut butter after this!

It will be a long process for me, I think. I am testing either red peppers or potatoes tonight. I love potatoes and would be sad if I came up reactive to them.
  • kayceeme
    kayceeme Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi Laurie,

It's a long process for me as well. In the initial 20 days of The Plan, there were so many foods that I wasn't able to test. I still have a pretty limited repertoire of safe foods.

I agree with you on the almond butter. Love it! Another surprise for me was that I now like the flax granola. Hated it at first. Also, my only past experience with chia seeds was with the "Chia Pets" that I bought my kids. I was initially resistant to trying them because of that mental connection, but actually found that they are ok and easy to throw a tablespoon in soup, salads, cereals, etc.