April 6th Challenge

Options

Replies

• missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I am a mum to one 10 year old and a foster carer who currently one child and I support another new foster carer. Today I visited the carer I am supporting and helped her apply for some training courses. We also worked out some stratagies she can use when the child she looks after has a tantrum or becomes violent......an incident occured while I was present and supported the carer and reassured her she was doing an amazing job.
    This is something I do on a regular basis, so will understand if you dont think this meet the criteria.

It meets the criteria in my heart.. what an amazing person you are..I cant imagine how difficult but also rewarding what you do to make a difference in peoples lives, especially children.. you do angels work xx
  • Meemilla
    Meemilla Posts: 46
    Options
    WOW friend you most certainly have a long road ahead and yet you somehow manage to do it all. Your child is so very lucky to have such a strong determined loving Mom. Stay strong and make some time for you as well even though it may be difficult. You are amazing!

This was to Octobermom. I must learn how to reply right
  • Meemilla
    Options
    Wow, everyone on here is so amazing, that my story of helping someone may very much pale. The person (the only person really) that I even have time to help it seems right now is my own son. He is 10 years old, has Aspergers, Adhd combined, Mood disorder NOS, anxiety and is on the verge of being diagnosed Bipolar. Needless to say he has periods of going from horrible rage to debilitating self worth :( I spend most of my days trying to deal with his ups and downs and make him realize how much he really is worth. I won't go into it further, but as because of his condition I don't get to go out much, this is what I do. Where he's my child, sorry if this isn't what you were going for :-/ I also try to motivate my friends here the way I have been motivated by others :)
    Thank you all for your stories, you're all amzing, kind people! :)

*50 Oblique crunches to come :)
  • Meemilla
    Options
    Challenge April 6th
    Missmegan831 *TEAM SCARIMONI*

This challenge can be interpreted in so many ways..so this is what came to my mind when I saw it:

I was in a very abusive marriage for 10 yrs..I was overweight 309 pounds, due to using food to comfort the pain that I went thru everyday of my life. I was put down by my exhusband mentally and abused emotionally, physically and sexually, I felt so trapped like I was such a disgusting person that 'this was the best I could have in life'... (fast forward) after my divorce I dropped an entire person 150+ pounds, from going to TOPS and walking, and feeling good about myself and being FREE of the nightmare I was once stuck in over the years I gained and lost and gained and gained due to other stresses and lack of love for myself... along the way, I have made several friends that have lived the same abuse that I once did..and it wasnt until about 2 yrs ago that I realized that 90% of the women that are in abusive relationships and stay is because they have lost sight of their self worth, their purpose and their spirits have been broken...so when I moved to Tennessee little over 2 1/2 years ago I got very active in the Domestic Violence homeless shelter here in the area where woman and their children can go to have a fresh start, a safe place and start rebuilding their lives, their strength and their courage to stand up for themselves. I visit their at least twice a week, talk with the girls about how they are, what goals they are setting for themselves and boy oh boy do I cook... I have walked in both DV 5K walks to raise money to maintain the home they all live in. I help with the fundraising and volunteer my time...if only there were resources back when I needed the help, I know I would have become stronger long ago... This coming week I am offering my services, I'm a massage therapist and sometimes just making someone feel good about themselves is motivation all in its own.LOOK GOOD, FEEL GOOD, DO GOOD... I have 2 friends there that are in dire need of losing weight to stay healthy for their young children and I have suggested MFP, along with some group activites that will get them out, and motivated and moving..its baby steps, as most survivors of abuse lack the 'spark' to make changes outta of fear of failure...but I dont care how long it takes..I know if I can help at least one woman change her life then that is an accomplishment I am truly blessed with...

Just want everyone to remember that its not always about the number on the scale, or the measurements on the tape...its how we feel inside and how we look at food, stress and our gift of life, we only get one life so lets make it remarkable... nothing will change unless we all stay focused, motivated and believe in yourself xx

30 Oblique crunches
  • Meemilla
    Options
    Missmegan. I am not one to cry but lordy you've made some tears fall. You Lady are a true inspiration of strength, courage and determination for many women who will hopefully learn from you and regain their own strength, courage and self worth again. Take back their lives and see what true living really is. YOU are an amazing woman!
  • mbfarmgurl
    mbfarmgurl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My BFF is struggling with many family/life issues, weight issues and may be closing her business in order to not get further in debt. Today i did a small thing and left a gift at her place of work (it is a gym and I have an after hours key). I know its not much but I hope that it will brighten her day and put a smile on her face first thing Monday morning when she arrives to work and is reminded how loved she is.

(**50 Oblique crunches done!!!**)
  • Kimberly3013
    Kimberly3013 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have 5 MFP friends that are "in the red" which means they haven't logged in for 3+ days, so I PM each of them the following:

Hey I know life gets hectic but it's important to just log your food even if you can't spend time on MFP! I'm here if you need anything & just remember why put off till tomorrow what you can do today! Even a small change today makes you better than you were yesterday! 

Also I not only got the courage to share my results so far (my current profile pic) on here, but I have a couple co-workers who have been struggling with their weight loss & I shared the pic with them & together we are working on bringing & sharing healthy lunches.

You are a great inspiration Pamela, you have also encouraged me throughout the time that we have been friends. Great job and I am proud to call you one of my MFP friends.
  • MissJen84
    MissJen84 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm posting for super_momma she emailed to me instead of on the message boards.

I am a girls on the run coach for 17 3rd-5th graders. These girl are amazing despite some of their inexperience running. Today I shared a message with all of their parents letting them know about how proud of them I am in all their accomplishments and how much their hard work has inspired me to get more into running.
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I check up on my grandpa on a more regular basis these days, as my grandma is very ill and will die very soon.
    In fact I await the news every day now. They lived together for more than 50 years and seing her so ill and staying at home most of the time, i know he feels kinda trapped.
    Unfortunatly I have not the time to drive by every day, but I think a phone call of just checking up is doing all the difference!
  • sarahp4769
    sarahp4769 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. These posts are great!

Some of you might know that my grandma died on Thursday. I was very close to her and I've spent more time with her in my life than with my father. My father has travelled over with my step-mother today to start to arrange things. So my deed for the day has been trying to make this difficult time a bit easier on my father who is having a hard time.

Id also like to say that MissJen84 has been great and has been mailing me and checking how Im going! Thanks!!

250 crunches done.
  • jacksagod
    jacksagod Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    trying to talk my ex into getting help again for his depression and talking him out of a permanent solution to a temporary issue
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Awesome Liza!! It takes a special kind of person to do what you do. I'd say it count's and then some!!
  • Crystalagain22
    Crystalagain22 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Quite the contrary, you are amazing and your son is lucky to have such a great mom!

@Tara, thank you so much! :)
  • Crystalagain22
    Options
    How do you girls copy these quotes into your posts? I stink at this lol
  • farmwife3815
    Options
    I reach out to people everyday. I have made myself available on this site, on Facebook and by phone to anyone who wants help losing weight. I have had to learn a lot about weight loss and nutrition. I started by educating my family. Then friends started asking questions. Now, I'm open to everybody!! I am in a local weight loss challenge and I help teach the lessons. I have given out my phone number and email to folks who want that extra push. I will call them when I see them making poor choices and praise them when they are doing well. I support them when they are down and rejoice with them in their victories. It is an awesome feeling. And the cool thing is they do it for me too!! I am the Capo for Moltisanti Crew. I encourage our team and they do it right back. I love this crew!!! And I really like this challenge. It has made me push myself and for that I am thankful!!
  • farmwife3815
    Options
    I am a mum to one 10 year old and a foster carer who currently one child and I support another new foster carer. Today I visited the carer I am supporting and helped her apply for some training courses. We also worked out some stratagies she can use when the child she looks after has a tantrum or becomes violent......an incident occured while I was present and supported the carer and reassured her she was doing an amazing job.
    This is something I do on a regular basis, so will understand if you dont think this meet the criteria.

Liza, you are awesome!! It takes a special person to do what you do. Your attitude on our Crew is wonderful. I'm so glad I'm getting to know you!!
  • Crystalagain22
    Options
    Wow, everyone on here is so amazing, that my story of helping someone may very much pale. The person (the only person really) that I even have time to help it seems right now is my own son. He is 10 years old, has Aspergers, Adhd combined, Mood disorder NOS, anxiety and is on the verge of being diagnosed Bipolar. Needless to say he has periods of going from horrible rage to debilitating self worth :( I spend most of my days trying to deal with his ups and downs and make him realize how much he really is worth. I won't go into it further, but as because of his condition I don't get to go out much, this is what I do. Where he's my child, sorry if this isn't what you were going for :-/ I also try to motivate my friends here the way I have been motivated by others :)
    Thank you all for your stories, you're all amzing, kind people! :)

*50 Oblique crunches to come :)

Crystal.. I never been a big cry baby but you ruined my makeup with this...IN A GOOD WAY... you are a great support to me and so many others...dont ever forget that!!

Meg, now you're going to make me cry!...in a good way as well. You have been such a inspiring, motivating, supportive friend since the beginning! To know that I have been useful back is such a compliment, so thank you :)
  • pab88
    pab88 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I am working a double shift today as a RN at an adolescent mental health facility. These kids have major issues and require a lot of attention and direction. I am very blessed to be able to help these kids with whatever issues they are having and hopefully make a small difference in their lives.
  • Crystalagain22
    Options
    @Meemilla (Cindy) Thank you so much for your kind words :) I guess I don't see it as all that amazing, I'm his mother, I should do these things. The fact that you see me as a great Mom is such a wonderful compliment and probably the biggest kind of compliment you could give me, so thank you :)
  • Crystalagain22
    Options
    I am working a double shift today as a RN at an adolescent mental health facility. These kids have major issues and require a lot of attention and direction. I am very blessed to be able to help these kids with whatever issues they are having and hopefully make a small difference in their lives.

Having a child with mental health issues myself, I think you are amazing for what you do!!!
This discussion has been closed.