10LB Goal.. Starting NOW? Anyone with me??

Options

Replies

• kaperlinger
    kaperlinger Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My weigh in days are Friday - as of 4/10 I was 162.2. That puts me down 5.8 since my initial weigh in here. I need to start making sounder food decisions.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Day 5. Rest day. Made it through without overeating. I'm trying a bit of the "daily intermittent fasting," which means I ate all of my calories in 8 hours and will fast until tomorrow morning. I've really been unofficially doing this off and on - didn't realize it had a name. :)

If I eat more earlier in the day, I become satisfied and don't get as hungry at night. We will see how it goes.
  • SLVUnit
    SLVUnit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    thanks fshaw86 - I will add that soon!

Was excited today as i picked up a pair of levis i didnt think would fit
    suprise!!! I got them on and they looked good!! What a bargain at a whole $3!!!! Loving IT!!

Im trying to "treat" myself with little things like clothes from vintage stores ( dont want to be out spending heaps as i still have a dress size to drop!) and new workout music instead of FOOD!
  • EloniJayne
    Options
    I'm in! I'm aiming to lose 21lbs and i've lost 5 so far! Goo luck everyone! I'm 18 and 5.5 :) xx
  • sullycc
    sullycc Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I know its a bit late, but can I join?

I am 5'7", 140lb ish (daren't look since Easter!)

Ive been at this for a couple of months down, only lost 3lb but with all the increased activity I've been doing it feels like more as my clothes are loose again.

I want to be 133lbs again, I have 7lbs to go. I may need help, I just can't seem to shift anything lately. Ive had a week's holiday (across Easter, staying at relatives and unable to say no to the puddings!), now I need to get myself back on track.

I've been on track the last couple of days and back at the gym....so, if I weigh tomorrow, take that as my starting weight, can I join in?

Feel free to friend request me, I will also open my diary so I am held accountable for my actions, lol.
  • LittleDoodlePoodle
    LittleDoodlePoodle Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have lost 2lbs so far! Not since joining this group, but since starting MFP in March. So current weight, 130, and that is with Mother Nature beating me up at the moment, so fingers crossed I will resist any new temptations, since I failed this morning and had Belgian Waffles for Brunch, and I'll be back on track!
    x
  • bordercolliemad2008
    bordercolliemad2008 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Id love in on this :) bye bye 10lbs would be amazing!

Please add me those who also taking on this challenge its easier to loose when you have people to talk to who are trying to loose the same amount of weight in the same time period!
  • McButtski
    McButtski Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Don't know how to describe my week this week... food wise, I've been pretty off track.. probably eating enough to maintain so am hoping the exercise will see the weight go in a downwards direction... hopefully!!

I always do this! If I lose weight during a period that I don't think I should really have been down - I'll mess about the following week thinking 'well may aswell... dossed last week and still lost'

Time to nip that in the bud!! Weigh in tomorrow morning and after that it's the straight and narrow until the end of April!! Woohoo!!

Anyone else weighing in tomorrow? Welcome to everyone else who's joined recently, very best of luck on your losses.. fingers crossed :smile:
  • Carriesund
    Carriesund Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies I have had a really bad week and I am not sure what the scale will show so I am kind of afraid to get on it. It started last Thursday with me being way too hungry and I just kept eating. I ate healthy foods but way too many up until I just completely gave in and had pizza yesterday. Have been keeping a pretty good workout or at least activity schedule and have been really surprised at what activities are showing higher calorie burn on my bodyfit media device.

The morning walks with my dog are showing higher burn than the intense pole dance fitness classes. In the morning I have had coffee and I usually walk fast and do short bursts of jogging. I broke my hip a few years ago and up until this year I was unable to walk on pavement without pain so I don't want to push the jogging too much and end up unable to exercise. When it is nice out I walk again with my hubby later in the day and then three to four days a week I go to pole fitness classes. Depending on the day and how I feel I do more or less but my average physical activity is about 2-3 hours a day.

Since my body went crazy on me last week I decided that I am no longer going to go crazy over micro managing calories. I am going to drink more water and continue to watch what I eat and keep a basic idea of my calories so I don't blow it. I am also going to up the calories. I was trying to stay at 1260 or less and create a large daily calorie deficit and I don't think it was helping me. So from now on I am going to just kind of listen to my body and eat less than 1500 calories a day. With the calories I burn on an average day that still leaves at least a 500 calorie deficit and makes my life a lot easier.

So if I don't lose that 10 pounds as fast as I would like it will be okay just as long as I lose it at some point. This way even if it takes me a few months to get where I want to my results will likely be more consistent. If I have one of those days where I am not really hungry and I am full with fewer calories then I am not going to force more calories down but when I have a day that I am really hungry I am going to eat those extra calories and if I am still hungry I can dip into those extra calories I have burned as long as I don't eat more than I burn in a day.

There I go again typing a diary entry like you ladies have all the time in the world to read my post. Sorry ladies!

I did want to say a great big congratulations to all of you who have been sticking with your diet and exercise programs! Even if you are not seeing spectacular results you are on the right track and you will eventually break through that plateau. Stick with and you will get there. If you have a bad day or week just get up and brush yourself off and start again. That is what I am doing this week. I
  • McButtski
    Options
    Heya Carriesund! That's very interesting re: the calorie burning!! Have never gone to a pole fitness class.. I only really do two cardio classes per week (step and HIIT) and then the other days are all weight training which I'm really liking, no idea what sort of calories each session burns though!

I had to up my calories too.. was trying to stick to under 1200 for a long time and it just wasn't working out.. I'd end up going over and then it would just all go to pot - I'm very much a 'in for a penny, in for a pound' kind of girl unfortunately! Anyway, so the past two weeks, I'm up at 1500 calories a day and even then, I probably hit 1600 (on a good day.. 2000 on a bad day....)

So.. weigh in day tomorrow and will dust myself off after that - good luck if you're weighing in tomorrow too.. the start of a new week and a new chance to do ourselves proud :happy:
  • McButtski
    Options
    I'm from Ireland too, and I have VERY LIMITED flexibility and a dodgy ankle, so I thought hot yoga was a great idea, as the heat is supposed to help with flexibility. Oh my god, I've only done one session and it was CRAZY INTENSE. I was dripping sweat like 15 minutes in. But it's definitely a cool idea and I can't wait to go back! There was one girl in there who could twist her body at 90 degree angles, and more! I was so jealous, but she said she's been going there for a year now, so there's hope! Plus I've been going through a real stressful period at the moment, with exams and what not, and it's given me a few spots, which I have NEVER had before, and after one session my skin already looks way better!!! So A+ in my books! Now I just have to get up the nerve to go back! :S

Sounds fantastic - apparently they run classes in my gym so I might wander in one day for a nosey.. did you go back this week?
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Anyone else weighing in tomorrow? Welcome to everyone else who's joined recently, very best of luck on your losses.. fingers crossed :smile:

I actually lost weight lol. Down by a half pound. One of the trainers said that it had to be because I was on my period then.
  • McButtski
    Options
    Well done fshaw!! Good result :happy:

So.. seems I'm UP three pounds this week :noway:

I'm not tooo discouraged though because I know there's no way I've eaten 10,500 calories in excess this week.. I'm also due my periods in the next few days.. and.. I just look slimmer than last week! ha :bigsmile:

My next weigh in will be 19th April.. here's hoping that three pound is gone along with at least another pound for luck..

Good luck to anyone else weighing in!!!
  • sullycc
    Options
    Weighed in!

142lb

Up just under 2 lb but I knew the damage would be bad after Easter!

Back on track now with the eating and exercising, so ..... 9lb to go to the 133lb target

Good luck to everyone.
  • McButtski
    Options
    That's not so bad sullycc!! Onwards and downwards!!

So, scratch my earlier post.. I weighed in again about 20 minutes after I wrote that and I was down nearly 2.5lbs... still up slightly from last week but with periods due, I'm happy that I didn't actually put on weight..

So there you go.. I won't lie - it was a tough 20 minutes.. had my ups and downs.. but I kept my head in the game, stayed focused and BAM, lost two pounds.

OR.. I just have a dodgy scale.. whatever. :laugh:
  • sullycc
    Options
    That's not so bad sullycc!! Onwards and downwards!!

So, scratch my earlier post.. I weighed in again about 20 minutes after I wrote that and I was down nearly 2.5lbs... still up slightly from last week but with periods due, I'm happy that I didn't actually put on weight..

So there you go.. I won't lie - it was a tough 20 minutes.. had my ups and downs.. but I kept my head in the game, stayed focused and BAM, lost two pounds.

OR.. I just have a dodgy scale.. whatever. :laugh:
    Wow, I want a scale that does that! Or even a body that can lose 2lbs in 20 minutes would be better! :laugh:
  • Carriesund
    Carriesund Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Okay I weighed today and I am up two pounds from my last weigh in. Still down one pound since I started this but I am also in my period and I always weigh more then so I am going to try to start remembering to weigh in daily or close to it. I am about to take a long walk with some burst of jogging with my dog and I might do some yoga too and then I am headed to the grocery store. I don't have enough healthy food here to choose from right now. This weekend I am going to make a bunch of apple-bran muffins and whole wheat pancakes and separate and freeze them. I also make my own syrup for my pancakes....okay it is not syrup I just put thawed or partially thawed unsweetened peaches into a food processor until kind of like baby food and place them in a pan and heat them until they thicken up some then pour them into individual containers.

This way I have a reasonably healthy option and I don't have to cook it I can just reheat. I hate cooking in the morning I never want to get out of bed so I always go for the easiest option. No more excuses I know I am working hard with exercise now my diet has to match.

Good luck ladies!
  • SLVUnit
    SLVUnit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Loving the pancake and syrup recipe!! might try that one myself this weekend!
    Went to the physio yesterday - due to some joint issues i am going to have to give up any hardcore pounding on any of my joints!! So no more jogging for me - on to the bike i will go.
    I found a great little suggestion regarding the best weight training to do when you dont have a whole lot of time
    Fitness Experts recommend :
    Squats 3x16 reps
    Lunges 3 x12 reps
    Push-ups 3x 12 reps
    Planks 3 x 30sec
    Lat Pull Downs 3x 16reps

I have tried this over the last few days and boy can i feel a new sensation in muscle soreness!! It really doesnt take more than 30mins or so. I just select whatever weight feel "difficult" without loosing "technique"

I noticed im getting crazy hungry at night time so this week im starting to increase my cals at breakfast - I hope this helps me to feel not so hungry later in the day (especially after 8pm), thats when ive been "using up" my daily calories and going to bed on a full belly.......not so good for the weight loss.

Anyone find their feeling the same or got any great "filling dinners/snacks they can recommend??
  • cassondra1370
    cassondra1370 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I haven't checked in for a bit, so I thought I would update you all. I am down half a pound this week. I am pretty happy with that as I threw my friend a bridal shower last Saturday and didn't count calories at all, and then I was flying home on Sunday and indulged in some airport Burger King :-/. I am back in gear now though, so I'm hoping for a 1.5 pound loss next week which would put me at a total loss of 17.5 since January. Wish me luck!
  • cassondra1370
    cassondra1370 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Loving the pancake and syrup recipe!! might try that one myself this weekend!
    Went to the physio yesterday - due to some joint issues i am going to have to give up any hardcore pounding on any of my joints!! So no more jogging for me - on to the bike i will go.
    I found a great little suggestion regarding the best weight training to do when you dont have a whole lot of time
    Fitness Experts recommend :
    Squats 3x16 reps
    Lunges 3 x12 reps
    Push-ups 3x 12 reps
    Planks 3 x 30sec
    Lat Pull Downs 3x 16reps

I have tried this over the last few days and boy can i feel a new sensation in muscle soreness!! It really doesnt take more than 30mins or so. I just select whatever weight feel "difficult" without loosing "technique"

I noticed im getting crazy hungry at night time so this week im starting to increase my cals at breakfast - I hope this helps me to feel not so hungry later in the day (especially after 8pm), thats when ive been "using up" my daily calories and going to bed on a full belly.......not so good for the weight loss.

Anyone find their feeling the same or got any great "filling dinners/snacks they can recommend??

Last night I ate a turkey burger on sandwich flat bread with cheese and light mayo. I ate a half a cup of baked beans and a whole cup of green beans as sides. The meal was 590 calories in total and I was FULL when I was finished eating :)