April 14th Challenge

Options
Well, we are almost halfway through the Sopranos April challenge. For today's challenge reply to this post "the reason why you are in this challenge" There is no wrong answer. Post your reply on this thread = 1 large

For those who say "there is no rest for the wicked", this is for you; 50 stomach crunches = extra large

The Don

Replies

• Salty510
    Salty510 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I joined this challenge to meet some friends using MFP and to get back to it after my surgery. I haven't been able to do as much as I had hoped but I've done much, MUCH more than I would have otherwise!

50 crunches - done! First post-op crunches. Ow.
  • Prephred
    Prephred Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I joined this challenge to get back in the swing of things. Been out of it for quite a while and needed some motivation. I looked at several websites and this seemed to be the best one for "community".

I can't do crunches (even chair ones) can I substitute 50 diamond push-ups for the extra large?
  • KatieSChaisemom
    KatieSChaisemom Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am in this challenge to be able to say I am completely happy with myself, not to make anyone else happy with me. I want to wake up one morning and have an immense amount of self-confidence that I can do what I want without passing out from being out of breath. I want to be able to be naked and feel sexy. I want my son to have a role model, to learn and grow up with a healthy lifestyle. I want to wear clothes that are made for me. I don't want to feel like crossing my arms is the only way to hide my gut.
  • jenn2403
    jenn2403 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I joined this challenge because I needed the motivation to know that I needed to do my part so I wouldn't let down my team!!
  • andersonjo0306
    andersonjo0306 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I joined the challenge for several reasons. One reason is the accountability. Knowing that others rely on you to support the team makes you do it even when you feel you cant. Second reason is I needed a shake up from the gym. The third is because the people on here are awesome and it is always wonderful to meet like minded people
  • Tigger31179
    Tigger31179 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I joined the challenge to give me a reason to check here every single day and to stay motivated, get a little extra in. It's hard, but I like it!
  • shelli1982
    shelli1982 Posts: 133
    Options
    Hi all :) I joined because I have been stuck losing and gaining the same 3 or 4 lbs and I wanted something to get me into the mindset of being healthy EVERY day. So far it's working :) It helps knowing that i'm not only helping myself, but working as a team with a like-minded goal. Great job everyone!
  • lizai1
    lizai1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi, I joined this challenge to meet like minded people, regarding weight loss and exercise. I also enjoy working as a team to achieve goals and find this a good way to stay motivated. ....I will not let the tam down !!!!!
    50 crunches done
  • lizai1
    lizai1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I joined the challenge for several reasons. One reason is the accountability. Knowing that others rely on you to support the team makes you do it even when you feel you cant. Second reason is I needed a shake up from the gym. The third is because the people on here are awesome and it is always wonderful to meet like minded people
  • DaisyDi65
    DaisyDi65 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I joined this challenge for the constant motivation. I admit I didn't think the daily challenges would be as difficult as some are! I love the MFP friends I have met and really look forward to their updates. I find myself pushing myself more as a result of the group dynamic! Great job! Off to do the 50 chrunches! Happy Sunday all!
  • lveh8lve
    lveh8lve Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I joined this challenge as another way to test myself. I'm constantly pushing boundaries in my everyday life and especially at the gym.
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    One of my awesome MFP friends, MissMegan, invited me. Although I'd never watched The Sopranos, it sounded like a great way to mix it up. She was right! I'm loving the change of routine and the sense of accomplishment. My schedule has been really hectic lately, so this is a nice way to make sure I'm taking a few minutes each day for myself. Best wishes to all!!
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    The reason I am in this challenge is to keep on track. I have been in challenges before and when my team depends on me I work that much harder. Plus I love challenges meeting new people, doing new exercises and have fun!

Team Sacromoni.

50 crunches will be done ASAP.

Karen
  • mochalishious
    mochalishious Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I joined because I needed the push! I wake up every day excited to see the next challenge!
  • dessyjo
    dessyjo Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I am in this challenge because I needed the motivation. I needed someone to push and challenge me and to not let me give up after starting. Right now I have this mind set that I can't even begin to think about quitting and going back to the old me because I would be letting down not only myself, but the Dante crew too. The only other thing to do is to push myself and win!!! And I would like to thank @Theparnellslisa for inviting me to join a few weeks ago. I really hope she knows how grateful I am!

Woot! Go Dante!
  • phenetra
    phenetra Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I joined this challenge because of the motivation that was need, granted I was already on track but just to get that extra push to achieve the goals I have set for my self would be nice.
  • taylor0204
    taylor0204 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Team Sacrimoni Rocks!!!

The reason I am in this challenge is an attempt to break through my plateau and to connect with new people. My friend list has remained the same for my first year on MFP and I want to see what others are doing in their pursuit of overall wellness.

50 crunches done :flowerforyou:
  • Kimberly3013
    Kimberly3013 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I joined because I thrive on challenges. All my life I have looked for ways to push myself. I remember in high school my mom going to my neurology appointment for my seizures and asking the doctor if she should hold me back from being in so many different sports. I was in softball, swim team, wrestling, volleyball, basketball, and in the flag corp and concert band, three out of the four years I also worked while doing the sports. She thought all the activities were adding stress to my life and making me have more seizures. The doctor's response to her was that if she tried to take me out of the activities she would add more stress to me than keeping me in, because that is the type of personality I have. I still to this day stay active in everything I can and try to find time to breath. Bring on the challenges!!!

50 crunches done!!
  • Crystalagain22
    Crystalagain22 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am in this challenge because I'm sick of feeling tired and overweight. While being on here has helped tremendously, my weight loss had stalled, and I was starting to feel defeated. My good friend, Megan (who is now my Capo), talked me into joining and I decided to go for it! I am so glad I did as I have already lost 2 lbs. in my first week! I'm hoping for even more tomorrow! Thank you so much for starting this challenge! It has kicked my butt, and made me sorer than I have ever been, but it has been so rewarding!

Crystal, Team Sacrimoni
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    ***TEAM SACRIMONI*** 4/14
    5 miles outside, 35 mins Rockin Body, 50 standing crunches.

I joined this challenge for dedication and motivation. Recently I have been having some issues with my left knee after a treadmill injury and for a few weeks got in a slump exercise wise since I am limited in what I could do, felt like THIS IS IT..my journey is over... But I looked at how far I had come already and wasnt about to let a knee keep my spirits or motivation down. I joined this group to meet new friends with the same goals, weight loss, healthy lives, happiness.. and I got more than I bargained for, I was elected as a Captain of the best group of ladies anyone could ask for, when I need to vent about weight, life, food, etc there is always someone here for me, the TEAMS idea is such a great motivator (Thanks Sean) as who doesnt like a little competition in their life!?!?