10LB Goal.. Starting NOW? Anyone with me??

Options

Replies

• kaperlinger
    kaperlinger Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have not been a very good member of this group. Since I joined on 3/26 I don't think I've checked in once. Here are my results though:

SW: 168

3/29 - 163.4
    4/5 - 162.2
    4/12 - 159
  • jchenks
    jchenks Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    So I weighed in at 170lb onb April 2nd and on following Tuesday (April 9, 2013) I was 166.

Diet has been spot on and gym has been great. Energy levels are up! I have 6 more lbs to go until the end of April. My original goal is to lose 15 lb by end of May.

IT WILL BE DONE!!!!!!!!
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Weighed in today at just a little over 121 pounds. Lost one pound since Friday! It's exciting, but I still have 5-6 more pounds to go :D

Everyone is doing a great job! Even if we go up a little, we'll go down a lot- all it takes is dedication <3

Also lol, I noticed when weighing-in on my period, I always go up a pound or so. One of the trainers at my gym said it's always better to weigh-in two days after your period ends. Good motivator :)
  • nascarfans
    nascarfans Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I need to loose as close to 10lbs by June 1st (when i go on vacation) and I started today
  • Carriesund
    Carriesund Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Loving the pancake and syrup recipe!! might try that one myself this weekend!
    Went to the physio yesterday - due to some joint issues i am going to have to give up any hardcore pounding on any of my joints!! So no more jogging for me - on to the bike i will go.
    I found a great little suggestion regarding the best weight training to do when you dont have a whole lot of time
    Fitness Experts recommend :
    Squats 3x16 reps
    Lunges 3 x12 reps
    Push-ups 3x 12 reps
    Planks 3 x 30sec
    Lat Pull Downs 3x 16reps

I have tried this over the last few days and boy can i feel a new sensation in muscle soreness!! It really doesnt take more than 30mins or so. I just select whatever weight feel "difficult" without loosing "technique"

I noticed im getting crazy hungry at night time so this week im starting to increase my cals at breakfast - I hope this helps me to feel not so hungry later in the day (especially after 8pm), thats when ive been "using up" my daily calories and going to bed on a full belly.......not so good for the weight loss.

Anyone find their feeling the same or got any great "filling dinners/snacks they can recommend??

For the panckakes I uses Hodgsen Mills mix and usually I use peaches or a frozen tropical fruit mix. If you use berries you the syrup is a lot thinner. I don't really know for sure how many calories it is but it does keep me full for awhile.

I hope everyone is doing well! I am not sure what the scale says for me I am just going to work hard the rest of the week and try to remember to weigh in on Friday.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Down 2.7 pounds my first week and have lost almost another since. Just gotta stick with it and see it through!
  • jchenks
    Options
    My weigh in is today after work! I'm both nervous and excited! How is everyone else doing?
  • McButtski
    McButtski Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Well done to everyone who's down some weight!! Heading in the right direction :drinker:

Best of luck jchenks - fingers crossed for you!!

I haven't weighed in again since my mini-fluctuation last week.. currently TOM so will weigh in on Friday as usual and hopefully the scales will be on my side.. :happy:
  • jchenks
    Options
    SOOOOOO bummed. I lost 1lb. I thought it would be more. At least 2 lb. I feel a little discourage however, on a positive note I feel like I look a whole lot leaner and someone commented about it at the gym as well. I just have to keep going. Diet has been good and gym has been good. Lets keep going!!!!
  • McButtski
    Options
    1lb_fat.jpg

*just* one pound?? That's fantastic.. well done!!!

Sure I felt and looked leaner last week and I was up.. retaining water.. sometimes it's better to go by the mirror / how you feel than the scales, but still, 1lb is brilliant, don't be discouraged :drinker:
  • scastona1
    scastona1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the group, but would love to hop in this challenge if there's still time. Would love to have a friend on here that is serious about losing and doesn't think that I'm crazy for wanting to be a better me. BTW, nice to meet you all :)
  • luticiaf
    luticiaf Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm in!

I started April 1 with my 10 lb goal. lost 3 lbs, and seem to be stuck. I think i'm putting on some muscle, and just have to wait for that critical mass point where all my new muscle starts to burn all my old fat!

I'm 5'8", 136 lbs. I've never been under 130 in a healthy way, so aiming for a healthy 128.

My goal is May 23. I'm doing the Daily Hiit (high intensity interval training) in addition to targeted ab, bum, and arm workouts. plus sporadic hot yoga.

Let's do this!!
  • jchenks
    Options
    1lb_fat.jpg

*just* one pound?? That's fantastic.. well done!!!

Sure I felt and looked leaner last week and I was up.. retaining water.. sometimes it's better to go by the mirror / how you feel than the scales, but still, 1lb is brilliant, don't be discouraged :drinker:

Well, when i see the picture it definitely changes my discouraged feeling. Thank you. I think its because I had a BIG week the week before so i was hoping for a similar result. Especially since intensity and diet were good.

Mirror is a MUCH better way. Scale just has that definite "answer" for you :)

Hi to the newcomers!!!!!!!!!
  • McButtski
    Options
    So anyone weigh in today?? I did.. down 1.4lbs (that's over the last two weeks...) although again, I think I'm retaining water and my TOM isn't quite finished yet so will go by next week's weigh in for sure (haha.. I'm going to keep doing that until I get the loss I want.. this one doesn't count.. next week's the one :laugh: )

Welcome to the new girls!! Feel free to add me as a friend!!

10lb of blubber, off you go!!

10-lbs-of-fat.jpg
  • jocomoso
    jocomoso Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    11 pounds to go!
    lost 9
    want to be comfortable and toned up for summer - can't stand having sweaty big thighs for another summer - yuck!!
    let's do it!!
  • Carriesund
    Carriesund Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Okay I am not making huge progress but I did weigh in at 125 today. I started at 127 had a really good week and went to 124 but then I was back at 126 last week so I am going to be happy that I was 125 today. It is two pounds lost in less than a month and if I have learned anything from watching the biggest loser reruns it is that the closer you get to your goal weight the harder it is to lose. I slipped up and ate too much and I paid for it. I also didn't watch my sodium intake as much as I had been and I am thinking that is probably a key factor.

I will be off to the grocery store today to get more healthy foods and no eating out this week. I want to control everything that goes into my mouth considering I found out one of my favorite salads when I go out to eat is almost 1100 calories I am just going to stick with eating in as much as possible. I am still not sure how they can make chicken that is supposedly not deep fried, greens and veggies, wonton strips and sauce/dressing so high in calories but I will never be ordering that salad again. It does make me wonder what each restaurant adds to food that should be healthy and ends up costing you nearly a whole days worth of calories.

Congrats ladies on your weight loss! I hope to be back to 124 by next week.
  • jchenks
    Options
    So anyone weigh in today?? I did.. down 1.4lbs (that's over the last two weeks...) although again, I think I'm retaining water and my TOM isn't quite finished yet so will go by next week's weigh in for sure (haha.. I'm going to keep doing that until I get the loss I want.. this one doesn't count.. next week's the one :laugh: )

Welcome to the new girls!! Feel free to add me as a friend!!

10lb of blubber, off you go!!

10-lbs-of-fat.jpg
    Woohoo! Good job miss!
  • Lyles41
    Lyles41 Posts: 4
    Options
    Count me in! I'm starting to log my food, and starting to do weight training. Hopefully, this will help. I also have a proactive plan for my emotional eating.
  • LovesTheSeasons
    LovesTheSeasons Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am in, too! Have exactly ten to go. My goal for today is just get used to tracking food and being honest.

Wow, it is interesting to record all you eat. I drink a ton of tea and was adding milk or cream and sugar. I can't believe when you start writing down everything how it adds up! So now I am adding tiny bit of skim milk and stevia. Stuff like that should help.

Any thoughts on whether to weigh weekly or daily? I have tried weekly which they say is better but then if it is one if those water-gain days, it can be so frustrating to think you have actually gained that week.

Also, I a new today and the first thing I was going to enter for food was a pice of bread from great harvest which the package says 100 cal for x grams and I weighed it and it was exact,. But the this app database said it was 130 calories. Are other things off too??!!
  • Heatherwill12
    Options
    Hi. I am trying to lose weight for prom. I am 122 lbs now but I desire to be at least 109lbs by prom. I want to look amazing not only in my prom dress, but before I head off to college. Btw, I am 5ft. Any suggestions? I know I have to cut back on the junk food,I have a serious sweet tooth. I would also like to tone my arms up a bit. Thanx:)