I soooooo wish I could do jumping exercises!!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Tdelaney67
    Options
    Ya'll are too funny! It is refreshing to hear others voice issues I have been dealing with. I too am a firm believer in poise pads! We do jumping jacks as part of our workout at work and I can fill one up pretty quick. I have gotten to where I am okay for the first 5 or six (four count jumping jacks) of the 25 we do, so I do agree that exercising will help. Three weeks ago I was "leaking" on the very first one. And as long as we are on the embarrassing topics...does anyone have problems with sit ups and passing gas? I HATE having to have a partner for situps!!! Is that just from gallbladder being removed? or is that also weight related?
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I'm reading this post through and actually laughing! Thankyou for sharing your stories, I'm so glad it's not just me! Guess I'll have to pick up some of those poise pads next time I'm out and about. You girls are awesome!
  • Tabytha13
    Tabytha13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love you all :laugh:

I do have the same problem, age and having kids all take their toll. I have to agree with the comments so far, keep exercising the pelvic floor and wear pads...

My other problem is the size of my boobs... I can't jump without support (both panty & bra :blushing: ) but the sport's bras I've had to buy to suppress the amply movement are so restrictive that I can't last for a 60min class....

Anyway I've given up high inpact aerobic classes and started doing a DVD at home - yogalates. A mix of pilates & yoga so hopefully it will help my downstairs while trimming my upstairs :wink:
  • mamashel
    mamashel Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am laughing as I read these posts because I can relate. Coughing, sneezing, sometimes no apparent reason. I've often wondered if it might be hormone related because I notice it happens more often at certain times of the month. But, Poise pads have saved me. I've noticed coupons in the Sunday paper and have started clipping. I haven't tried any jumping to see if leaking happens then, yet.

Last week my 16 year old son and I were doing a Turbo Jam video (my constant motivator - love him to pieces). I felt leakage and had to step away for a minute. Thank goodness we were coming up to the cool down. Thankfully he hasn't got a clue - at least I don't think so?????

As to the questions regarding sit-ups and gas. I too am glad to not have a partner when doing these.
  • tessaeve
    tessaeve Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I've always had this problem until I started lifting weights. Cough, sneeze, strain to lift something or jumping. I'm not sure when it went away but it was sometime during weight lifting. I'm just glad I was working out at home.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Do your kegal exercises (look it up) and pilates. Will strengthen your pelvic floor muscles and tighten up the muscles.

^^^This.

Also, and please don't think I'm being vulgar, but an easy and pleasurable way to tighten things up down there is to have frequent (daily) orgasms. You're basically getting in a kegel workout with the rapid muscle contractions that occur when you climax. I see on your profile that you're married, I'm sure you're husband would enjoy helping you out. If not, perhaps consider buying a vibrator.
  • desireelynnbr
    Options
    I don't jump (or run) either. Not for same reason as you, but that's another story. I've been doing Tai Cheng, which is a low impact exercise program. I have found that I am still working up the sweat, but i am not hurting my knees, ankles or jumping. i can understand your frustration tho. Sending a friend request your way. Would love to know how you're doing. :) Also, i'm on facebook as same username as here: Desireelynnbr.
  • two2lu
    two2lu Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Got one better for you. Was standing in a beauty type store when it hit me I had to pee now!! Asked the clerk for the restroom, shes refused, saying, sorry no public restroom. To my horror I pee'd right down my leg into my shoe AND onto her floor! (ha ha) Graciously payed for my items and thought to myself, bet the next time you let the poor woman use the bathroom! lol
  • najlaamundson
    najlaamundson Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You're not alone sister! But frankly, jumping is overrated. :wink:
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    After buying a mini-trampoline and nearly getting beat to death by my own body, I decided to take up swimming. With a great pair of goggles and some chlorine shampoo, the pool is my friend. I am getting sooo toned and I am 48. I still have a LOT of weight to lose, but man, I feel good.
  • funnygirlt
    funnygirlt Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I can't due jumping exercises either--bad knee, plus I just got over fracturing my foot. I am probably using my foot as an excuse, since I hate any sort of exercise that seems like excercise, and I also because I just spent my entire day at my twin nephew's birthday party, eating really good (but oh, so bad for me) birthday cake....