Started ChaLEAN Extreme this week!!

Options

Replies

• Mom2M_and_O
    Mom2M_and_O Posts: 214
    Options
    oh blimey, getting nervous here...really enjoying CLX and finished week 2 of Burn. However, I am now 2 lbs heavier than when I started! Oh dear! Even though my sensible head is telling me its a water gain as my muscles are definitely getting stronger, I am feeling quite anxious!

When did everyone else start seeing the scale come down?

I finished CLX this past weekend and I didn't actually see the scale decrease much at all. I've bounced between the same two pounds the entire time. However, I did have inches come off in the first two months. None this third month -- at least not where I was measuring. That being said, my slacks have felt looser in the legs the last couple of weeks. Most people on here see a decrease in both.

I'm going to continue with CLX, though. I really like her style and the variety, and the workouts fit well into my lifestyle. I've gotten noticeably stronger. Going to do the Lean for Life schedule for a month or so and see how that goes. I also need to buckle down and get more cardio in. I tended to skip the second cardio session. I need to find something that I enjoy even if it's not going to be that particular one.
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    oh blimey, getting nervous here...really enjoying CLX and finished week 2 of Burn. However, I am now 2 lbs heavier than when I started! Oh dear! Even though my sensible head is telling me its a water gain as my muscles are definitely getting stronger, I am feeling quite anxious!

When did everyone else start seeing the scale come down?

Stick with it and don't worry about the scale. Make sure you take those before pics and the measurements. I compared some photos of before I started CLX to now and definite improvement in my back and side belly view!! I did lose 4 1bs in the first month (Burn phase) but gained back 1/2 a pound last week and haven't done my weigh in this week. Hang in there. You will feel great and it will be worth it.
  • eileenmetz
    eileenmetz Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    does anyone feel warm on the days the CLX circuit days? Maybe its my metabolism, not sure but i feel warmer.
  • twostepsforward
    twostepsforward Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Phew, 2lbs came off! As I knew they would, I just cant wait to see progress!
  • LisaGirlfriend
    Options
    does anyone feel warm on the days the CLX circuit days? Maybe its my metabolism, not sure but i feel warmer.

I haven't noticed but I'll pay closer attention to it. Yesterday was Push Circuit 1 (second week) and today I did Burn Intervals. Love it. Yesterday I really pushed it and upped my weights. I used 22 1b dumbbells for 2-3 of the exercises. My heart was pounding!! It felt really good and I felt super strong. Loving it!!!
  • FitWendi
    FitWendi Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the ChaLean Ext and some Turbofire. I just restarted the complete CE this week. I love her!!!!

How do you enter her workouts in the MFP??
  • LisaGirlfriend
    Options
    I have been doing the ChaLean Ext and some Turbofire. I just restarted the complete CE this week. I love her!!!!

How do you enter her workouts in the MFP??

I wear a heart rate monitor for each workout, then I set up my own personal exercise and call it whatever CLX workout I did that day. Then I put in the minutes and burn my HRM gave me.
  • agata44
    agata44 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow Chalean Extreme and seriously can't wait. :D So far I did Jillian's BR, 30day shred and few single ones (killer tights and banish that food....). I tried training with free weights but unfortunately don't have enough time to go to the gym so I hope Chalean is a good choice for a home workout.
  • twostepsforward
    twostepsforward Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Woo! Onto last week of Burn now, Burn1 completed! I think this is the longest I have ever stuck with one program! I feel stronger but not sure whether I have lost any inches yet! Going to wait to measure.
  • LisaGirlfriend
    Options
    Woo! Onto last week of Burn now, Burn1 completed! I think this is the longest I have ever stuck with one program! I feel stronger but not sure whether I have lost any inches yet! Going to wait to measure.

Well done on almost finishing Burn!! Push is awesome!!!
  • LisaGirlfriend
    Options
    I had to take last week off from CLX because of a massive head cold/low energy and a busy week with a weekend away. So this is week 3 of PUSH for me and I love it. I've decided that after LEAN, I'll do the Lean for Life month, then maybe move on to P90X or a hybrid of CLX/P90X. I like knowing what's coming. I really look forward to getting home to do my CLX workout every day. Today is Push Circuit 2 plus Ab Burner. :-)
  • Alioops831
    Alioops831 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I had to take last week off from CLX because of a massive head cold/low energy and a busy week with a weekend away. So this is week 3 of PUSH for me and I love it. I've decided that after LEAN, I'll do the Lean for Life month, then maybe move on to P90X or a hybrid of CLX/P90X. I like knowing what's coming. I really look forward to getting home to do my CLX workout every day. Today is Push Circuit 2 plus Ab Burner. :-)

Your guns are lookin' good! :)
  • LisaGirlfriend
    Options
    Thanks Ali! They are definitely coming along. So happy with CLX!
  • LisaGirlfriend
    Options
    So just finishing up PUSH and feeling sad but excited to move into LEAN. Push Circuit 2 today, 3 on Saturday and that's it!!! I haven't lost anything in the PUSH month (1/2 pound) but I lost 2.5 in Burn and am hoping to lose in LEAN. Love how strong I am in PUSH. And I love isolating one leg with heavy weights. Feels so good.
  • ShannonKelliG
    ShannonKelliG Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    So just finishing up PUSH and feeling sad but excited to move into LEAN. Push Circuit 2 today, 3 on Saturday and that's it!!! I haven't lost anything in the PUSH month (1/2 pound) but I lost 2.5 in Burn and am hoping to lose in LEAN. Love how strong I am in PUSH. And I love isolating one leg with heavy weights. Feels so good.

I'm basically a month behind you. I finish up friday (burn it off tomorrow and burn 3 friday). I'm so excited to start push!
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Restarted today with my lightest weights. Hopefully by the second week I can increase them. I am afraid of hurting my back. Not sure how I did it..if it was a work/exercise combination but had to have multiple ribs adjusted. Boy can they cause pain when they don't sit right...ttyl!!
  • LisaGirlfriend
    Options
    be careful with that back and follow chalean's instructions. I was sick today (bad reaction to antibiotics) so I'm taking an unscheduled day off. Back at it to finish PUSH 3 tomorrow and cardio Sunday, then on to LEAN.
  • dwn2erth
    dwn2erth Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm on Push circuit 3.. I'm seeing a lot more musle than I did with Burn.. Hope it continues!! Gotta really Push it though My heart rate is very high and I barely get those 6-8 reps many times I'm failing at 6. Love it!
  • LisaGirlfriend
    Options
    I just finished PUSH today. Upped my weights again in Circuit 3 and it felt good!! I haven't seen much change in inches/scale this PUSH month, but I definitely feel stronger and can see muscles. I'm really looking forward to starting LEAN and plan to go heavy for the 10-12 reps, heavier than BURN. My clothes are definitely more comfy!!
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Finished Burn Day 2 today. Feeling much better with lighter weight and practicing good form. I will increase slightly each week or that is my hope!!!