TheBrown Team Loft !

Options

Replies

• pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Options

I wanted to apologize to you all for not being more talkative on here...I have TOO much going on right now, most of it involving preparation for a class that I'm teaching next week at the John C. Campbell Folk School in North Carolina. So, all through next week is going to be rough for me too, but after that, I am looking forward to being more active on here. I am anxious not only to put my own personal focus where it needs to be, but also to be more supportive for you guys!
    Anyway, I just wanted you all to know that I am looking forward to getting this class behind me so that I can get back to doing what I need to do...and helping you to do the same! I want us to be a good strong team, and I am sorry that I've been kinda slack...

Hey I live in NC - where is John C. Campbell?
    You are a great captain so dn't fret!

Dee, I'll be in near Murphy, in Brasstown...in the middle of nowhere! Are you close?
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options

I wanted to apologize to you all for not being more talkative on here...I have TOO much going on right now, most of it involving preparation for a class that I'm teaching next week at the John C. Campbell Folk School in North Carolina. So, all through next week is going to be rough for me too, but after that, I am looking forward to being more active on here. I am anxious not only to put my own personal focus where it needs to be, but also to be more supportive for you guys!
    Anyway, I just wanted you all to know that I am looking forward to getting this class behind me so that I can get back to doing what I need to do...and helping you to do the same! I want us to be a good strong team, and I am sorry that I've been kinda slack...

Dee, I'll be in near Murphy, in Brasstown...in the middle of nowhere! Are you close?

I live in Hickory - it's about 3 1/2 hours east of Murphy.
  • MamaDee2
    Options
    Week # 2 Saturday

Cardio - 30 minutes
    Something new - an hour of freeze tag and hide & seek with my grandson. (Wed.)
    Bicycle Crunches - 50
    Breakfast - 6 of 7
    Breakfast pic & recipe - posted
  • pamcuster
    Options

I live in Hickory - it's about 3 1/2 hours east of Murphy.

Well, phooey! But I don't mind if you wanna drive that far to come see me! I *would* meet you, but I'm gonna be so busy, it's scary!
  • DeniseMarSi
    DeniseMarSi Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Sorry Team! I've been out of town and on the run, with my dad's wedding.. on Friday so here are my updates from Thursday, Friday, and Saturday:

Thursday:

Cardio - Zumba 45 minutes
    Something new - not yet
    Bicycle Crunches - 3 sets of 15 (45)
    Squats: 20
    Breakfast - 4 of 7
    Breakfast pic & recipe - previously posted

Friday:

Cardio - none
    Something new - not yet
    Bicycle Crunches - 0
    Squats: 0
    Breakfast - 5 of 7

(rest day and busy with my dad's wedding which was on a beautiful farm.. we did walk around a lot outside, but couldn't really count that..)

Saturday:

Cardio - brisk walk 45 minutes..
    Something new - not yet
    Bicycle Crunches - 0
    Squats: 60
    Breakfast - 6 of 7

So I still have to do something new today (Sunday) ... probably will do the Tai Chi videos that I've found that I've been thinking about and going for a walk, and bicycle crunches.. later. )
  • pab88
    pab88 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Week 2 totals:
    Cardio - 310 minutes
    Something new - pilates, zumba
    Bicycle Crunches - 500
    Breakfast - 7 of 7
    Breakfast pic & recipe -posted 5/3

Last week's weight: 218.4
    This week's weight: 215.3
    Loss: 3.1
  • MamaDee2
    Options
    Week # 2 Sunday

Cardio - day of rest
    Bicycle Crunches - 0
    Breakfast - 7 of 7

Today is my day of rest - take a nap on this cold rainy day.
  • MamaDee2
    Options
    Week # 2 Sunday

Cardio - day of rest
    Bicycle Crunches - 0
    Breakfast - 7 of 7

Today is my day of rest - take a nap on this cold rainy day.

Last week - 253.9
    This week - 251.5
    LOST - 2.4
  • pamcuster
    Options
    Saturday...

Exercise: 60 minutes
    New: Seane Corn yoga, not *completely* new, but haven't done it in a while
    Bi Cr: 75
    Breakfast: 6 of 7
    Recipe: posted the picture, but didn't type out my recipes

Sunday...rest day - only I'm not resting...I drove to John C. Campbell and class started tonight!
    I also forgot to bring my scale, so I have to go with Friday's weight - 112.2.
    But I *did* have breakfast this morning, so 7 of 7!
  • DeniseMarSi
    Options
    Sunday:

Cardio - brisk walk 60 minutes..
    Something new - Tai Chi videos on You tube ( about 40 minutes total- very relaxing!)
    Bicycle Crunches - 3 sets of 15 (45
    Squats: 0
    Breakfast - 7 of 7

Weight: 200.0 ( Lost .4 lbs)

Sooo frustrated to not be cracking through the 200 mark. On a side note though just on day two of TOM, so I may be retaining water too.. so maybe next week will be a bigger loss...

Great job everyone!! GO Brown team!!
  • sjeffr
    sjeffr Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Last week weigh in: 202.0
    Today weigh in: 201.0
    1lb loss

Exercise for last week:
    Monday - New exercise: 1 hour spinning class
    Tuesday - 30 minute bike ride
    Wednesday - exercise video 30 day shred (30 minutes)
    Thursday - none
    Friday - none
    Saturday - 35 minute bike ride
    Sunday - 40 minute bike ride
  • marcelka77
    marcelka77 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hi lovelies,

Wow what a commitment from all of you !!! I am so pleased with your efforts I hope you will like this week's challenges .

This is our third week challenge !!!! Have fun and get healthy!

There is lbs reward for each part of this challenge

max 8 lbs

Exercise
    1. 4 days out of 7 of 30-45 min cardio or strength exercise sessions to be spread out during the week as it suits you best!

sessions of jogging, fast walking, cross-trainer or treadmill,Zumba, Aerobics, Dance, DVD , Gym etc.
    (moderate cleaning doesn't count ;) !!! )

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed to do at least 4 sessions!!!

2. Try something new or something you didn't do for a while - independent exercise of your choice for 30 min session at least!!! I know its getting harder to come up with something new :-)) ... so don't worry too much it can be anything interesting unusual - special you would like to share :-))

If you lack inspiration, you can try swimming, clubbing (DANCING!!!), another class at your local gym, or that new DVD , take tennis rackets and go play tennis with kids in park ... or football ... I found out trampoline extremely hard in 0 challenge :-) and since I went to work last week I repeated it 2x and love it :-))

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed

so this week we will concentrate on abs and booty and upper body strength !!! And main challenge Crunch and squats

At least 135 squats and 135 crunches spreaded in 3 days and as new exercise try 135 push ups again spreaded in at least 3 days

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed 2 lbs for most BUT DON'T OVER DO

4. Don't forget to take a day rest! Your body needs it.

5. For the WEEK 2 FOOD challenge, I thought we might still keep it BASIC ( I think we will always keep it basic ) ! Let's take this week to focus on 5 A DAY and cooking and preparing dish with veg and/or fruit - let other inspire you with their choices and recipes ! I know from looking into diaries - there is so many of you skipping it , but girls (as far as I know we don't have a man in our challenge) come on this is not good for us.

there is NO excuse girls and having 7x your 5 a DAY is the only way to get 1 lbs advantage (sorry there is only medical excuse not to have a fruit /veg - please let me know if you need exception)

Keep drinking water - even if it is not our topic!!! I hope you picked up some good tips. I hope you got inspired with fish recipes and will keep eating 2x a week fish or other meals that include omega-3 fatty acids as a highlight. And I hope breakfast is your meal for ever .

cooking challenge
    Also, I will be doing Cooking Challenge for week 3. It will run from today may6th - may 13th . I need the pictures and ingredients of 1 dish you were having this week for yourself. It has to have at least 2 portion of 5 a day . I will be judging on healthiness, calorie amount and presentation .

You must send picture + recipe here
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/980731-cooking-preparing-food-challenge-5-a-day

Best recipe will get 2 lbs advantage for week 3 weigh in and everyone who post picture will get 1lbs

To sum it
    4/7 sessions of exercise 1lbs advantage
    1 session of something special - let us know what - 1lbs advantage
    135 Crunches 135 squats 135 push ups - spread in 3 days - 1 lbs for the everyone who manage to do all + extra 1 lbs for person with most of all
    7x your 5 a day foods - 1 lbs advantage
    recipe - 1 lbs for everyone who post recipe extra 1 lbs for best recipe

1 last lb is for person who motivates you the most in your team . This person is going to be voted by other members of team.
  • MamaDee2
    Options
    Week # 3 - Monday

exercise - 30 cardio
    something special - not yet
    Crunches/squats/push ups - 50 Crunches 50 squats 0 push ups - I will not be doing push ups - I have shoulder issues
    7x your 5 a day foods - 1 of 7
    recipe - posted today

Person that gets my vote - I have a tie in my head so I need to think on that one.
  • K0RA
    K0RA Posts: 29
    Options
    Monday, Week 3:
    Cardio - 29 minutes
    Something new - not yet
    Bicycle Crunches - 0
    Squats - 0
    Push-ups - 0
    5 a day - 1 of 7
    Pic & recipe - posted smoothie
  • MamaDee2
    Options
    Week # 3 - Tuesday

exercise - 30 cardio
    Crunches/squats/push ups - 50 Crunches 50 squats 0 push ups - I will not be doing push ups - I have shoulder issues
    7x your 5 a day foods - 2 of 7
    recipe - posted
  • K0RA
    K0RA Posts: 29
    Options
    Tuesday, Week 3:
    Cardio - 30 minutes
    Something new - not yet
    Bicycle Crunches - 60
    Squats - 50
    Push-ups - 30
    5 a day - 2 of 7
    Pic & recipe - posted smoothie on Monday
  • DeniseMarSi
    Options
    Hey Teamies!

Everyone is doing so great!! Can I just say how awesome we are.. the first three postings for the recipes was from the Brown team!! Those smoothies look good Mamma D and Kora!

I've been busy, but plugging away with goals this week.. just haven't had time to post them:

Monday, Week 3: (Rest Day)

Cardio - 0
    Something new - not yet
    Bicycle Crunches - 0
    Squats - 0
    Push-ups - 0
    5 a day - 1 of 7
    Pic & recipe- not yet

Tuesday:

Cardio - 30 ( Elliptical)
    Something new - not yet
    Crunches - 45 ( 3 sets of 15)
    Squats - 60 (3 sets of 20)
    Push-ups - 45 (3 sets of 15.. with extremely bad form.. lol.. but I will get better with them!)
    5 a day - 2 of 7
    Pic & recipe- Posted!!

I actually went to the grocery store this morning to get more veggies and fruit! I usually make this spaghetti squash casserole with tomatoes, spagehetti squash and basil.. but I am going to try something a little different. And I got some eggplant to experiment with as well. I LOVE veggies, and somehow I still screw up eating the wrong things.. oh well.. This is a great challenge though because unless you are pushed it is easy to not eat them, and for me.. I actually really like most fruits and veggies.. too bad I didn't also like chocolate and ice cream! I actually caved in to some chocolate cravings yesterday.. but got some things to help me avoid that.. like dark chocolate chips that could be put in yogurt, and some skinny cow ice cream sandwhiches.. so today should be better if need be..

Have a great day everyone!!
  • pamcuster
    Options
    Well, y'all know I'm out of town this week, so I'm not going to be able to be a good example for all aspects of the challenge - ie, I can't fix my own food at all this week (school dining hall,) and there are not five fruits and veggies per day to be found!
    Here's my other stuff...

Monday...
    Exercise: 0
    Special: not yet
    Cr, Sq, P-u,: 75, 50, 40

Tuesday...
    Exercise: 85 minutes
    Special: outdoor yoga class with new teacher here in NC (at the school)
    Cr, Sq,P-u: 75, 100, 60
  • MamaDee2
    Options
    Well, y'all know I'm out of town this week, so I'm not going to be able to be a good example for all aspects of the challenge - ie, I can't fix my own food at all this week (school dining hall,) and there are not five fruits and veggies per day to be found!

Here's my other stuff...

Monday...
    Exercise: 0
    Special: not yet
    Cr, Sq, P-u,: 75, 50, 40

Tuesday...
    Exercise: 85 minutes
    Special: outdoor yoga class with new teacher here in NC (at the school)
    Cr, Sq,P-u: 75, 100, 60

Girl do I need to bring you some groceries? Are you about to wash away from all the rain? Maybe your new exercise could be rowing a boat!
  • MamaDee2
    Options
    Week # 3 - Wednesday

exercise - 30 cardio
    Crunches/squats/push ups - 50 Crunches 50 squats 0 push ups
    7x your 5 a day foods - 3 of 7
    recipe - posted