Your First Wow Toon

Options

Replies

• Ghkffb56
    Ghkffb56 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Mine was a Human Priest.. I started playing at the end of BC... Was on LaughingSkull and moved to Shadowmoon when WoTLK came out.. i was a pretty good Pve healer.. Hated pve tho.. PVP was soo much better.
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    She was female human mage I made back in 2005 I think, can't remember what her name was as I was trying out the game on a friend's computer. It was the first time I had ever played an MMO and I remember killing kobolds and doing quests. My boyfriend then asked me why I only had one ability, my response being "There are MORE?!", I was level 15. Oh good times being a noob.
  • EMJenkinson
    EMJenkinson Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Nelf rogue, Qieane, back in '04.
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    My first wow toon was a nightelf druid name Faen. i have since had to changed the name to Feayn because of a server change. I was told that Faen actually means **** in some other language. I did not know that until a speaker of that language found me. I have now been told that the new spelling of my name Feayn now means idiot. I assure you that is another coincidence.

I spend a good long while earning copper pieces by killing off mobs until I was able to by all of the items my character could use in the first town. I was so pleased until later I learned I should have just focused on questing because that was a huge waste of time. I joined wow in vanilla but I did not raid till just at the start of BC. I actually got to the top tiers of raiding and stayed there until this expansion which I was unable to get my character to perform well in.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Undead Rogue named Sortta, after I learned wtf I was doing I deleted him and rolled a resto shaman named Attros, who later became an enhancement shaman :D

Got my enhancement shaman and my BE tankadin to raid gear right before the pandas, and quit because I couldn't handle cookie-cutter raids and just how childishly easy everything was getting. My main reason for staying so long was group/raid finder made the game interesting up to max level. I LOVED going through the old dungeons no one ever wanted to do anymore.
  • ohenry78
    ohenry78 Posts: 228
    Options
    I played back in 2006/2007 when I was in college. I loved support characters so I made a healing spec'd undead Priest (because THE HORDE). However, i started working full-time when we got around level 30 or so and I fell behind when I wasn't able to join. Solo-ing as a light spec priest was really hard at the time (not sure if that's changed or not) so I kind of fell out of it after a while, and haven't had the time to re-join.

Brings back lots of great memories though. Such a beautiful world, it was.
  • noojim
    noojim Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Very first toon was a human rogue - ick! I never really got the hang of it - I think it made it to lvl 25.
    My first proper toon was a nelf hunter. I played that till the end of BC, loved it. Skinning & LW, not a very good dps, but I had a lot of fun with it, and in the guild that I was in at the time.
    With Wrath I switched servers and to Horde, so started from scratch.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    My first character was a night elf warrior named Eridren that I made in January 2005 on my family's wow account. I got him to level 48 in about 6 months (back when leveling as a warrior was as fast as watching grass grow) because I got my own account. Leveled him to 58 back in WotLK just for funzies but gave up on him. Warriors aren't really my thing. It is still sitting on the server I made it on and only got logged into for holidays when my brothers wanted to open more Father Winter gifts.

My first character on my personal account was a night elf hunter Eleni. I raided Molten Core on her in vanilla. Just before the release of BC, my entire guild rerolled on a new server and I started a human priest, Brielle. I got her to max level just in time for the expansion, and raided (at varying levels of hardcore) end game content from BC through cata on her, healing the whole time.
  • xjeanie
    xjeanie Posts: 69
    Options
    Human rogue. No idea what I was doing, just CLICKED the '1' button a lot and hoped I didn't die because I usually didn't know where my body was. I followed some guy into BGs...spend the rest of my levels (until 28ish) doing the same BG over and over because I didn't know where to go. (that was vanilla)

Return in BC, undead rogue, got camped by a gnome...thought it was a companion pet. Super upset someone's pet was killing me. (Oh, Stranglethorn...)

Some levels later, 68, tried sapping one thing in a dungeon (Shadow Labs iirc), pull entire room. Die. Quit game.

Wrath of the Lich King, same rogue, got to 80, tried disarming the enchanted weapons in the military quarter of naxx (friend was trolling me), kept dying. They told me if you disarmed them they disappeared.....WRONG.)

I raid heroic progression now...only slightly better than I used to be.
  • stoked2b
    stoked2b Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Night elf warrior Tharyn on Uldum. Was a guild leader and raid MT back in vanilla for countless Molten Core and Blackwing Lair runs. RL took over around BC and Wotlk and although I still played, was typically on a casual or pvp basis.

Three rare things he has: Original collector's edition pets (mini diablo, zergling, panda cub), Sulfuras hand of ragnaros, and the original night elf epic mount - the black nightsaber!
  • loriepaulin
    loriepaulin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    First WoW toon- NE Rogue....raided with her in MC and BWL. Her name was Jorindana. I moved her to Horde as a BE and she is still sitting at level 85...haven't gotten a chance to play her, but want to work on her again.

I still play to this day, but I played a Mage up to Mists from BC days and she is now my alt....I play a level 90 NE Hunter now as my main named Ellelaith...my favorite toon thus far.
  • GeekyGirlLyn
    GeekyGirlLyn Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Night elf Hunter. Worked her up to 70, started literally the same time as BC launched. Played her through everything up to the most recent expansion and decided I couldnt take it anymore. Wow I played wasnt the same. I slowly tapered off, cutting back until I realized I wasnt logging on anymore. So stopped playing. Now I have two hunters, two priests, two paladins, two mages, two druids...lol. You get the idea. Horde and alliance. Hordies sitting all at 90. Alliance not so much. Hordie on Area 52. Alliance Medivh.
  • nlaustrup
    nlaustrup Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    First WoW Character was a night elf rogue on Frostmane in 2005. My buddy met me at the starting zone in Teldrassil and helped me walk all the way to Elwynn Forest. It was pretty awesome. Then i ran around killing boars like on the South Park episode before I figured out how to do quests.
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    In 2005 i made a human rogue I raided through AQ on manoroth, he is now a she and a troll rogue @ lv 79 I think.
  • Vex325
    Vex325 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I don't remember what I named her, but I started with an undead warlock back in March of 2005. I played her for 2 minutes and deleted her. I then rolled a Night Elf warrior named Soulforger. I got her to 42 before I decided to make something else. It was then I learned I am and altaholic. I quit a couple years ago and have been thinking about going back, but I doubt I will.
  • juliannorton1000
    juliannorton1000 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Not talking about it.

Later I wised up and went to the Horde. =] My first 'Main'? DRUIIIIID!!!! Named Duskz.
  • dtroutman
    dtroutman Posts: 62
    Options
    My first was a blood elf paladin on aerie peak : ) She was fun but than I made a shaman and I never looked back lol!
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Made a human rogue called Rogan in 2004. Maxed him up and then realized rogues were kind of stupid in endgame and there wasn't enough cool sneaky/lockpick stuff in the game, so I went druid, maxed him and played as a healer in a hardcore raid crew for years.
  • kishkoway
    kishkoway Posts: 19
    Options
    First wow char was a undead rogue on first day it went live. Played to 25 and then made a undead warlock to 60. Hated warlocks back then so rolled an undead priest. I was playing with my boyfriend and our nerdy group of friends in a gaming/card/comic shop. I fell in love with it but we had all been playing City of Heroes and then I played Star Wars Galaxies. Still have chars on alliance side now tho booo :( my husband has 9 chars so i moved to his server. Haven't really played the MoP xpac much.
  • txmomma0889
    txmomma0889 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My first wow Charcter was a undead warlock who level here way over in the barrens and mountains listening to chuck norris jokes and murloc movie titles the whole time. oh dear those were the days. Then I switched to a death night. After several disagreement with people I made a human priest and now I play her daily. love healing :)