Options
Week 2 Schedule
Day 1: Cardio Power & Resistance
Day 2: Pure Cardio Day 3: Plyometric Cardio Circuit
Day 4: Cardio Recovery
Day 5: Cardio Power & Resistance
Day 6: Pure Cardio and Cardio AbsDay 7: Off

Week 2 Day #1
Lets start the week off right with a short Shaun T video. Helpful tips/hints that only he could give on the INSANITY program.
I just love video shorts! :D Watch what Shaun T has to say as we start Week 2! http://youtu.be/4qSc9JhaB1A

Replies

• boberrymom
    boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I love love love Shaun T!!! I love the motivation he gives! Thanks for posting these, even though i am not in week 2 just yet....last workout for the week today!! I love these tips.
  • KristaHuyer
    KristaHuyer Posts: 57
    Options
    Still in week one! did pure cardio today though- HOLY @%#^#*(#(&%
    I wanted to die. hahah. I feel great now though, but during that weekend, I literally wanted to just lay down on the ground.
    It gets easier right? :P
  • mnwelch
    mnwelch Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Cardio Power and Resistance: I can feel myself pushing harder.
    Pure Cardio: I push myself to get through a minute but then I am tired when the next exercise starts.

I'm excited that I made it this far! and excited to keep going!
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    Cardio Power and Resistance: I can feel myself pushing harder.
    Pure Cardio: I push myself to get through a minute but then I am tired when the next exercise starts.

I'm excited that I made it this far! and excited to keep going!

Totally agree here ^^^. it does get easier the more you do it the stronger your get. I had power/resistance today. it was crazy but I think its my fav. I could tell I was getting more in and working harder. :)

@boberrymom, your very welcome. usually I do this on facebook so we can post pics of food, sweat, ect. it really is a great motivation. but thought id try it this way for those at work or not on Facebook. So far doing great! I just want to motivate and be motivated. :)
  • KristaHuyer
    KristaHuyer Posts: 57
    Options
    Alright so it was my second time doing plyometric, and I burned LESS calories today, then the first time I did it. Is that normal? My body is just so exhausted, but I thought i pushed so hard! Just making sure its normal that I burned more the first time then I did the second time.
  • mnwelch
    Options
    I don't have a heart rate monitor so I couldn't tell ya. I did feel VERY tired today, I could barely move.
  • mikeyh12
    mikeyh12 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Its normal to start burning less calories as you go on, its just your body showing its getting fit!
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    Alright so it was my second time doing plyometric, and I burned LESS calories today, then the first time I did it. Is that normal? My body is just so exhausted, but I thought i pushed so hard! Just making sure its normal that I burned more the first time then I did the second time.

Mikeyh is right! It is normal. I was burning less too so DO NOT worry about it. I just learned this thru P90X...the stronger/better you get the less you will burn in calories BUT your metabolism will still grow. :D So you'll burn more thru out the day.
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    SO SO SO Sorry this is posted so late. That 9:30am 3mile run really did a number on me and I was totally not expecting to feel so drained.

Here is DAY 2 of week 2 tip of the day.

Try to eat 5 times per day—3 meals and 2 snacks—each with roughly the same amount of calories. It keeps your blood sugar stable instead of peaking and crashing, which can lead to overeating and a general poor feeling.`
  • mnwelch
    Options
    Finished Cardio Recovery bright and early this morning and I'm feeling great!
  • ghsfitnesspal
    ghsfitnesspal Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Swapped Week 2 Pure Cardio and plyo, so I'll be doing pure cardio tomorrow evening (can't do it at 6am after a late Wednesday night!)

Cardio recovery does feel good doesnt it? My friend who enjoys yoga now wants to try that session out
  • amy_36
    amy_36 Posts: 421 Member
    Options

Mikeyh is right! It is normal. I was burning less too so DO NOT worry about it. I just learned this thru P90X...the stronger/better you get the less you will burn in calories BUT your metabolism will still grow. :D So you'll burn more thru out the day.

My husband and I also noticed that it is harder to get our heart rate up this week which I consider a win! It means we are building up more stamina! Its amazing how quickly this workout does that! Yay for NSV's!
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    DAY 10:
    It's Week 2, and soreness may be setting in. You might be tempted to skip a workout because you are feeling "so sore." Exercise actually increases circulation, which in turn speeds healing. So keep going and make sure to get your 8 hours of sleep each night so that your body is getting the rest and recovery it needs.

I just found this out to be true today. Yesterday as most you may know I did Core Synergistic's (P90X, finishing that up this week :D) and I ran 3miles. I was feeling wrecked and I was planning on just doing Recovery today. However I decided to wait to do my workout later in the day and I am Soooo glad I did and I decided to PUSH myself and do Plyo anyway. I did better today than I did last Friday with Plyo and burned more calories. Thats a WIN!
  • ironpudge
    ironpudge Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Way to go guys! This week is really going fast for me, I am so thankful it's thursday! Keep pressing play, even if it's 1:00 o'clock in the morning try to get these workout in. You'll be glad you did! Day 23 CHECK!

Let's make sure we all get our T-shirts btw!
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    hehe, I cant get a tshirt as a. I'm borrrowing the DVD set and b. Im in the UK - but please post a photo when you get it!

I did the pure cardio session this morning, it's so much fun! bonkers, without any breaks but as soon as he said to take a break when you feel your form slipping, I realised how sensible it was. I cant do pushups still, I just do a tiny dip on the pressup/jacks.
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    DAY 11:

Everyone is doing great. I assume we have a few that dropped off already as there are 42 members and only a handful of posters. BUT those who are still committed and here I am so HAPPY you are!

As you are making fitness part of your routine, those real-life stresses keep trying to creep back in. The answer is not to skip your workout or have a cheat meal—just get in and Push Play. Working out actually releases stress-reducing hormones and will encourage you to continue fueling your body with healthy food. Stay consistent, guys!
  • ekamaseca
    ekamaseca Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm beginning to love Thrusdays!!! Cardio recovery!! Yay
    Day 11 Done!!!
  • amy_36
    amy_36 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    By far my favorite one is Plyometric Cardio Circuit. Now if I could just do a few more of the basketball drills before I fall on my face! LOL!
  • mnwelch
    Options
    @Turbomoma, thanks for your posts. I really needed them as I was very tempted to skip out on todays workout.
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    really dont like the bounces on Recovery...my legs shake like mad and I cant keep going without falling! Sigh...one day! Next round hopefully I'll get further on them!