When's Your Next Half Marathon?

Options

Replies

• onlyhalfcrazy
    onlyhalfcrazy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My next 1/2 is scheduled for May 11th, the Iron Mom half marathon. My goal is to beat my last years time of 2:16. This course is mostly flat, just a few hills, however it does cover lots of different terrain. Asphault, gravel, dirt, there is even a portion in a park where you run on mulch. My last half was in February of this year, didnt do so well, really have suffered with PF in both feet. However, I took an extended break from running and am now working out 4 days a week and running 6 to get ready. I am following the Micoach app to increase speed. We will see if the added training pays off!!
  • hazymary
    hazymary Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Well...It's a wrap..my first 1/2 MARATHON in 2:06:12....actually wasn't my best run...but I'll take it !! 16 th in my age bracket, 545 for female finishers and 1285 overall.
  • jdelot
    jdelot Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Well...It's a wrap..my first 1/2 MARATHON in 2:06:12....actually wasn't my best run...but I'll take it !! 16 th in my age bracket, 545 for female finishers and 1285 overall.
    Congrats! Well done.
  • fasterandbetter
    fasterandbetter Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    goal time is under 2:00, not trying for a PR I am actually helping a friend finish a sub 2 hour half, my personal best is 1h40min, May 27th is race day.
  • xcmum
    xcmum Posts: 136
    Options

That's awesome, i hope i can do a time like that come my half :)
  • wiginn
    wiginn Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My first half was yesterday! I am a slow runner and had only gotten in one 8 mile long run as part of my training. My only other long race experience was a 15K last September where I finished one minute and change over my goal of 2 hours. So with those two data points, my personal goal was to complete the half in under 3 hours. The last half of the race I "ran" into some tummy issues and ended up having to make to porta-potty breaks. Official finish time was 2:50:16.

Now I have my baseline and can work on improving. I am planning to do the Biggest Loser Half Marathon in September!
  • neurorat
    neurorat Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Just signed up for the Columbus Ohio Half Marathon which is about a month after my Air Force Half. I may change to the full for the Columbus (my running friends are pushing for this) but we will see in the middle of August how I feel :-)

You all are doing some great times! I am working on my speed more during this training session. I seem to always run too conservatively in the fear that I cant finish (this must be left over from my beginning running days).
  • rayvynn5374
    rayvynn5374 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Today was my first half marathon. Official finishing time 2:06:30. 4 water stops and one porta potty! OMG I hurt.
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Umpteenth half for me today. PR of 1:34 and change so totally stoked. :). Three more on the calendar but won't hit this again.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    My "next" half is in August. I can say that now because my first half was yesterday (2:22:17). :wink:
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    My 3rd half marathon will be on Saturday June 15, 2013.
    What's your goal time? 2:20ish.
    Is this your first? 3rd.
    How much training are you doing a week? 20-25 miles a week.
  • xcmum
    xcmum Posts: 136
    Options
    My "next" half is in August. I can say that now because my first half was yesterday (2:22:17). :wink:

Wow go you another half planned already!
  • JoePanda512
    Options
    My next one is the Rock N Roll San Diego half marathon. It was the first half I ever ran so I think I'm going to make it a tradition. I finished my last half in January with a time of 2:30 but I didn't hydrate properly. This one I'm aiming for 2:00 but realistically I think I'll settle for 2:15. I've been training but not as much as I'd like to.
  • yogibella
    yogibella Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    What's your goal time?
    Is this your first?
    How much training are you doing a week?

My first-ever 1/2 is on June 23rd. A tad nervous! I keep saying that I'd be happy just to finish my first one but of course, I have a goal time in my head of 2:15:) I run 4-5x week and cross 1-2x (yoga etc.), depending on the week.

I know I won't be making big leaps in speed my first year of running but would love to see some improvements. What type of speedwork, if any, do you guys do?

Happy running everyone:smile:
  • brdgt
    brdgt Posts: 20
    Options
    I am using Hal Higdon's Intermediate Half-Marathon training program (5 runs a week, including an interval or tempo run and a long run). I've used his Novice 1 and 2 for my first half and a 20K race. I am running the Salt Lake City Half-Marathon in April and shooting for an under 2 hour time (first half I did in 2 1/2 hours).
  • Hiccup62301
    Hiccup62301 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My first 1/2 is March 16th. I don't have a goal time - just to run the whole way and finish. My average mile time is about 12:30. I have a second 1/2 that I'm running May 4th. I'm very excited!
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Just ran my 2nd 1/2 marathon yesterday (Feb 1), 2:22:56...my next one is March 29th.

MEDAL_zpsce3ad2e7.jpg
  • bmondloch
    bmondloch Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    What's your goal time? 2 Hours and 40 minutes (Walking)

Is this your first? No. Walked my first Half Marathon (Biggest Loser Half Marathon walk in Las Cruces NM) on 1/26/14 with a time of 2:47. That is a 12:46 per mile pace. My next one might be the Albuquerque Half Marathon in April and then the Duke City Marathon Half Marathon in October.

How much training are you doing a week? I normally walk 3 miles at lunch and longer when I have more time. I do not like running with the back problems that I have. As a cancer survivor this is my exercise program to stay healthy and active.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    1st half-Sept '13-02:33:06
    2nd half-Oct '13-02:25:41
    2014:
    Jan 19-02:25:14 (winter half blah lol, still a new PR barely!)
    Apr 06-goal to PR (hoping maybe 2:20?)
    Apr 13-goal will be based on ^^
    Jul 27-goal will be based on ^^
    Sep 20-goal will be based on ^^
    Hoping to see a 02:00 half this year *knocks on wood*

I run usually 5-7 days/week, 40-60 miles/week, one long run (longest is 20 miles), at least one day of intervals/speed work and a few tempo runs. I also usually have a shorter race most weeks since I'm an Ambassador for a race company.
  • ktweldon3
    ktweldon3 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    First one of the season is May 3rd.

What's your goal time? 2hours or less
    Is this your first? This will be my 6th, but coming back from an injury in June.
    How much training are you doing a week? will be running 20-30mi a week by next month

Always looking for friends, especially those who share similar profiles, goals, interests, etc.