May Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options

Replies

• brittany16950
    brittany16950 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yep. I have come to the recent realization that this is what I do. I am a binge-eater. I think, "Oh, well, what the heck, I've already eaten way too many calories, I'll just not count today and get it all out of my system and eat whatever I want just today." Or, "Well, I don't have time to work out this week so there's no point in counting my calories, I'll just take a vacation from it just this week." And then it opens the door to me eating everything in sight, to 'make the most' of my time off my lifestyle change. I can't keep doing this every time something stressful in life crops up, or every time there is a holiday or a celebration. I must stop!
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Yep. I have come to the recent realization that this is what I do. I am a binge-eater. I think, "Oh, well, what the heck, I've already eaten way too many calories, I'll just not count today and get it all out of my system and eat whatever I want just today." Or, "Well, I don't have time to work out this week so there's no point in counting my calories, I'll just take a vacation from it just this week." And then it opens the door to me eating everything in sight, to 'make the most' of my time off my lifestyle change. I can't keep doing this every time something stressful in life crops up, or every time there is a holiday or a celebration. I must stop!

You hit the nail on the head!! This describes me, and I've spent YEARS trying fight those thoughts that have "allowed" me to eat whatever I want and ruin weeks of hard work outs. I continue to work so hard to keep from binging if I skip work outs or over-eat. The good news is that my binges are becoming far and few in between.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,381 Member
    Options
    Mollie - 11
    Binge - 4 (4th, 5th,11th,12th)

Days did not log it all - 4

_____________________________________________________________________________
    Jan- 4 days I did not log it ALL
    Feb- 3 days I did not log it ALL
    Mar- 6 days I did not log it ALL
    Apr - 5 days I did not log it ALL
    e09a22e5d8182580d381c106ed8b1691.jpg2f935b307f581cf2010e2035f6e9d6fd.jpg
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
  • ketelsle
    ketelsle Posts: 25
    Options
    Becca: 10
    Binge : 5 (5/4, 5/5, 5/9, 5/11, 5/14)

Binging a third of the time . . . better than every day I suppose
  • bluejeansbaby03
    Options
    Hi! I am new here and want to be in the challenge :)

May 16

Joanna - 9
    Binge - 6

Trying very hard to keep on track!
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Kim: 13
    Overate like a normal person: 2
    Binge: 0!!!!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    16th May.

Kate - 12.
    Binge - 4.

A trainer used this bodystat 1500 electrode machine to test my bodyfat %. It came out at 12%. Not sure it is totally accurate, but given his comes out only 2% less than mine on it and he is a trainer, I was quite elated for that one day. Now I need to use some other methods to check accuracy.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Me:14
    Binge:2

Another good day yesterday :)
  • TiaTia2003
    TiaTia2003 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    May 16

Me-16
    B-0
  • hdkerr
    hdkerr Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Brittany and BlueJeans welcome! You are in a good place for help, motivation and understanding.

Heather: 16
    Binge: 0
  • ketelsle
    ketelsle Posts: 25
    Options
    Becca:11
    Binge: 5 (5/4, 5/5, 5/9, 5/11, 5/14)
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Me - 12
    Binge - 4

Over on calories, but not by too much. What i did eat was binged on - double handed gorging and going for more food before I even realized it! Literally had to say "wait, what are you doing here". It seems to happen mid-cycle every dang month. It's like the dwindling hormones won't give up without a fight! I'm going to mark the calendar for next month, on when I can expect to be totally out of control. Maybe if it's planned, it won't be so bad? I'm a HUGE pre-planner - anything unplanned unnerves me horribly.
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    5-17-13

Jul: 11
    Binge: 6 (5/3, 5/4, 5/7, 5/8, 5/12, 5/16)

Record: Nov. 9B, Dec. 9B, Jan. 4B, Feb. 8B, Mar. 9B, Apr. 6B

Yesterday got out of control for some reason. I think I got emotional from relationship stuff and not having this figured out. I turn to food when I don;t hear from people : / I know that it's not a huge deal to have some alone time once in awhile but I for some reason don't handle it to well with stress. I either fight it with a run/dance or food..must make sure I do the former!
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    May 16
    Karen 8
    The Binge 4
    Over Calories 4

Days Left 15

Binge Days
    5/2 5/4 5/5
    5/17

I have to learn to do something besides eating when tired and stressed!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    May 2013

Diane: 9
    Binge: 7
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was definitely a close call. I went out to eat and had a fairly large dinner. The urge hit me when I went home and had something sweet. I, then, consumed a 2nd helping of that food. Thank goodness I did not have anymore of that food because I probably would've continued eating a whole lot more. I thought about looking in the kitchen for more food since I'd gone over my cals. at that pt but decided to change for bedtime and went to sleep. I stopped the binge in its track!!

Me: 16
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Kim: 14
    Overate like a normal person: 2
  • hdkerr
    hdkerr Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Heather: 17