Daily Check In

Options

Replies

• cadjin
    cadjin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    feel like giving up today im on day 9 of 30 day shred but have actually put weight on !!! and dont see any changes in my body, when one of my mfp friends is eating under a 1000 cals a day and loosing loads ,im working hard to do this dvd and am putting weight on!! i did have lots of cake yesterday but i was so fed up i just thought whats the point ill just eat it, we go on holiday in 8 weeks and im never going to fit into my pre pregnancy stuff, its not really a vanity thing cause i know i will loose the weight eventually and would be happy to go a bit slower but as i cant afford to buy a whole new summer wardrobe i need to fit back into this stuff, we are goung away for a month so its not like i can buy a couple of new outfits to last the holiday, ok rant over sorry for sounding so gloomy but i needed to get that of my chest im now going to give my husband the scales so he can hide them from me before i break them :smile:

Ahhh, don't give up! I read somewhere amongst all the stuff I have been reading about this, that you won't notice a weight loss for a couple of weeks. not sure where I read it. Don't forget that your building lean muscle and that weighs more than fat. I'm sure that if you measure you will see a difference on the tape, I have, even though I can't see it when I look in the mirror. I have also gained weight as I mentioned in my earlier post, the Dr thinks that is because my muscles are burned out and holding water but it could also be because muscle weighs more than the fat that I have, don't know but the bottom line? just keep going, stay away from the scales and go by the tape, some people who have posted in other threads here have only lost a couple of lb's doing this but they have lost a lot of inches.
    As for you friend that is eating under 1000 cal a day, I wouldn't have thought that was sustainable in the long term and the weight may well creep back on, something else I have read! it is about toning as well and you will get there, don't lose heart :happy:
  • bpalferys
    bpalferys Posts: 45
    Options
    feel like giving up today im on day 9 of 30 day shred but have actually put weight on !!! and dont see any changes in my body, when one of my mfp friends is eating under a 1000 cals a day and loosing loads ,im working hard to do this dvd and am putting weight on!! i did have lots of cake yesterday but i was so fed up i just thought whats the point ill just eat it, we go on holiday in 8 weeks and im never going to fit into my pre pregnancy stuff, its not really a vanity thing cause i know i will loose the weight eventually and would be happy to go a bit slower but as i cant afford to buy a whole new summer wardrobe i need to fit back into this stuff, we are goung away for a month so its not like i can buy a couple of new outfits to last the holiday, ok rant over sorry for sounding so gloomy but i needed to get that of my chest im now going to give my husband the scales so he can hide them from me before i break them :smile:

Ahhh, don't give up! I read somewhere amongst all the stuff I have been reading about this, that you won't notice a weight loss for a couple of weeks. not sure where I read it. Don't forget that your building lean muscle and that weighs more than fat. I'm sure that if you measure you will see a difference on the tape, I have, even though I can't see it when I look in the mirror. I have also gained weight as I mentioned in my earlier post, the Dr thinks that is because my muscles are burned out and holding water but it could also be because muscle weighs more than the fat that I have, don't know but the bottom line? just keep going, stay away from the scales and go by the tape, some people who have posted in other threads here have only lost a couple of lb's doing this but they have lost a lot of inches.
    As for you friend that is eating under 1000 cal a day, I wouldn't have thought that was sustainable in the long term and the weight may well creep back on, something else I have read! it is about toning as well and you will get there, don't lose heart :happy:

^ what they said!

Muscles retain water when they're repairing themselves, which is what happens after you exercise. All you're really doing it tearing your muscles a little so that they grow back stronger. So remember that :)

Also, you're not likely to see results after only a few days. This is a month-long exercise for good reason! The Before and After pictures you've seen are literally after the entire workout, sometimes after the workout when it's been repeated two or three times. Don't bin the scales but don't pay as much attention to them. Weigh and measure yourself once a week, but remember the inches matter more.

8 Weeks is definitely long enough to see changes :) Your friend who's under 1000 calories a day won't be able to sustain that long-term. I'm pretty sure the faster you lose weight the faster you put it back on, especially if you're crash dieting like that. It's better you have your cake ( ;) ) and exercise daily. You'll tone up and feel great and you'll be well on your way to losing for the long term. This isn't a quick fix!

In other news, Day 9 complete! Weighing in and measuring myself tomorrow (hoping my time of the month won't have too much of an effect upon those things...) and taking my Day 10 'During' picture! Wish me luck :)

Managed to hurt my knee somehow, anyone else got this? Can't do the jumping jacks because they really jar it so I did jump-rope jumps with jumping jack arms. Felt very silly! Really don't want to have to take a rest day but I don't want to hurt it any further, thoughts?
  • cadjin
    Options

^ what they said!

Muscles retain water when they're repairing themselves, which is what happens after you exercise. All you're really doing it tearing your muscles a little so that they grow back stronger. So remember that :)

Also, you're not likely to see results after only a few days. This is a month-long exercise for good reason! The Before and After pictures you've seen are literally after the entire workout, sometimes after the workout when it's been repeated two or three times. Don't bin the scales but don't pay as much attention to them. Weigh and measure yourself once a week, but remember the inches matter more.

8 Weeks is definitely long enough to see changes :) Your friend who's under 1000 calories a day won't be able to sustain that long-term. I'm pretty sure the faster you lose weight the faster you put it back on, especially if you're crash dieting like that. It's better you have your cake ( ;) ) and exercise daily. You'll tone up and feel great and you'll be well on your way to losing for the long term. This isn't a quick fix!

In other news, Day 9 complete! Weighing in and measuring myself tomorrow (hoping my time of the month won't have too much of an effect upon those things...) and taking my Day 10 'During' picture! Wish me luck :)

Managed to hurt my knee somehow, anyone else got this? Can't do the jumping jacks because they really jar it so I did jump-rope jumps with jumping jack arms. Felt very silly! Really don't want to have to take a rest day but I don't want to hurt it any further, thoughts?

Listen to your body,if it hurts a rest day shouldn't hurt and you will have time to sort your knee out.
    I'm the same, really don't want a rest day but really have no choice, my thigh is not as bad after taking pain killers and I am so tempted to do day 9 later but don't want to risk hurting myself more. just see how you feel
  • ragazza1
    ragazza1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    L1D7. Could do this in my sleep now,I know exactly what she's going to say and when. Still not sure I'd be ready for L2 yet so will do the last few days and then step up.
  • juliegrey1
    juliegrey1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Aaah was doin so well got to day 3 then had3 really busy days just didnt have time so have to start again!!!Rats
  • Kassadeedle
    Kassadeedle Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    L1D5 was done as of 6am! TMI but TOM is coming so I felt super bloated and crampy so crunches were not fun at all. I think my arms are definitely getting stronger as I don't have to take breaks while doing the side lunges or squat & press. I think i need to get 5lb weights for some of the exercises because it's really easy w/ 3lb weights (dumbbell row, chest fly). Still kinda feel like dying during the cardio. I actually did 2 regular push ups before dropping to my knees yay!
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I haven't gained any more weight but I haven't lost either which is ridiculous because I'm doing everything right ....but apparently my body doesn't agree.

Today is my day 8 but I honestly want to quit, not the whole thing, just level 1 I'm so tired of it. >_<
    I'll push through it because I want to get to level 2, it's only an hour of my life until I get to level 2 so I'm sure I can make it.

We're all doing fine and getting there, let's not quit! (By the way, I'm rarely a positive person, so enjoy it LOL)
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 7 done! And yesterday I had a 2 mile run. Today I definitely wasn't giving the shred my all. I had to stop numerous times and I felt exhausted. Even the cardio segments had me winded, which I normally find the easiest. So it wasn't my best but I still got it done this morning at 6 am.
  • jlcarcajc4
    jlcarcajc4 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Level1 Day 8 done!! I'm really pushing myself a little harder each day and my endurance is getting a little better each day!!

Ladies~
    I too have not lost any weight either. Have not measured yet either. I do know that doing 30DS we are doing something! We are making our muscles work and our bodies move and that is a big step a lot of people don't take! Be proud of what you have already overcome. Doing it!! That was the first step. Don't quit now, you can do this and you'll feel better afterwards! Your body is sure to make a change after 30 days. Even if it is small. It will be better than where we were 1 wk ago!!
    As far as eating, we are all here for the same reason, to lose weight which means we all have struggles with food. We are all at some point going to "slip" but the point is to get back up and keep on moving. Try not to beat yourself up too bad. We ALL do it at some point!! Just dust yourself off and get back up and start again!!

Have a blessed day!! We can do this!!!!:wink:
  • Tanya1995
    Tanya1995 Posts: 39
    Options

I too unfortunately have gained a pound :mad: But I am really hoping that as we ALL stick with this the pounds and inches will start to melt off!! keep up the good work ladies!! Keep pushing I know I am!!!:flowerforyou:

Oh ya and L1D8 done!! I am able to struggle and do 10 modified push ups in each set they do! I think tomorrow I am going to try and attempt to do some real ones. :noway:
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the weight gain if you're watching what you eat. I always gain a bit before I start losing. I think it's water retention. I can go weeks without losing but notice that my measurements are going down. Then suddenly, BAM, there's like a 5 lb weight loss in one week. Keep going!
  • Tenamarie123
    Tenamarie123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Started Level 2 yesterday. It was so nice to move on to something new. I could recite Level 1 in my sleep and was done listening and doing the same stuff over and over again. I know in another 5 days I'll feel the same way about Level 2, lol but right now I will enjoy the change. It was definitely challenging but I made it through the whole thing. I had to take a few second break doing the plank jacks (yeah, they're as bad as they sound). Good luck ladies and keep pressing on!
  • bpalferys
    bpalferys Posts: 45
    Options
    TO EVERYONE THINKING OF GIVING UP DUE TO LACK OF WEIGHT LOSS

http://www.sparkpeople.com/blog/blog.asp?post=why_the_scale_goes_up_when_you_start_a_new_workout_plan

Now be happy, keep shredding, and good luck :)
  • faemisamis
    faemisamis Posts: 11
    Options
    Level 1 day 5 done!

According to the numbers, I am 1/6th of the way to being shredded!
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 9 done by the token guy who posts. :-)

It is still kicking my butt. I'm ready to collapse by the first round of jumping jacks and jump ropes and have yet to make it all the way through without taking breaks.
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Completed yesterday level 1 day 1. I definitely took breaks and was sweating much more in this 20 minute workout than I do on the elliptical/stationary bike, but I completed it.
  • cazzamartinek
    cazzamartinek Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    thank you every one for your support today i took today as a rest day and going to start back at it again tommoro with a positive attitude !!! went for a long walk today instead with baby :smile:

to everyone who is doing this well done keep up the great work xx xx
  • lilalief
    lilalief Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for not checking in daily. This weekend I felt so sick. Today I started level 2, day 1. I could only do it for 10 minutes because I didn't take my asthma medicine. I thought it would still be working, because I took it earlier today. Unfortunately it didn't..
  • cadjin
    Options
    thank you every one for your support today i took today as a rest day and going to start back at it again tommoro with a positive attitude !!! went for a long walk today instead with baby :smile:

to everyone who is doing this well done keep up the great work xx xx

Good for you, the rest will have done you good and hopefully you will feel alot better about things in the morning.
    Keep going, we are all in this together
  • lovingmyreflection
    Options
    I completed Level 1 day 8 today, and I must say its starting to get easy. I'm so bored with the level!