Yellow & Red Loft!

Options
adancer59
adancer59 Posts: 302 Member
I hope you enjoy getting to know your new teammates! Good luck everyone!

Replies

• adancer59
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Alison. I am 24, and a graduate student in engineering. I can't wait to get to know everyone else and get back on track with this challenge!
  • navywifeandmomof4
    navywifeandmomof4 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    5/4 days worked out

something new : salsa workout dvd

3500/135 Crunches 580/135 squats 135/135 push ups ( I do 100 sit ups and 700 crunches 6 days a week plus I'm doing 30 day squats challenge)

no rest day today
    (rest day is Sunday)

6/7 no sweets

recipe - not yet
  • navywifeandmomof4
    Options
    hi team.. I'm Kim stay at home mom. have 4 boys(21,11,9 &5 )hubby is retired from the Navy right now hes away for 3 weeks training to be a truck driver..feel free to ad me if you like.
  • adancer59
    Options
    I will admit that I have not had a good week. I am hoping that with new groups, I'll be able to get back on track for next week, but sadly I'm expecting a gain this week. Hoping for the best :)
  • adancer59
    Options
    This team's official captain is healthy4meN2013. However, I can help with captain responsibilities as well :)
  • healthy4meN2013
    healthy4meN2013 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi Team! I am Tess one of your captain's. I will be sending out a friend request to anyone of you that I am not already. Please friend request your teammates, support is one of the key parts to losing weight. I understand that a lot of us are "mobile" and that the community forum is not part of the MFP app, so logging in here on the web is not something that we will all get around to each day. Please try to encourage and support your team through the mobile app.

This past week I have not been as big into this as I normally would as I came down with food poisoning on Wednesday night; I have slowly been recovering. I WILL be back to being my active self her to support you all from here on! So please excuse my lack of involvement.

I encourage you all to participate as much as possible. Not just in the support area but in all areas. I know that in challenges you only get your 1 pound advantage if you complete ex: 135 Crunch; and some of you....myself included might not be able to do them all----please keep track of how many you do anyways. I say this because This week you might do 25 which is GREAT for you! But 5 weeks down the road you might be up to 100! And you deserve to feel good about that.

I am here for any of you if and when you need me. And remember everything you do to lose weight is GREAT! There is a Thinner person inside of all of us just waiting to be seen!
  • healthy4meN2013
    Options
    This team's official captain is healthy4meN2013. However, I can help with captain responsibilities as well :)

Alison can you edit the spreadsheet to make us co-captains please
  • navywifeandmomof4
    Options
    5/4 days worked out

something new : salsa workout dvd

3500/135 Crunches 580/135 squats 135/135 push ups ( I do 100 sit ups and 700 crunches 6 days a week plus I'm doing 30 day squats challenge)

rest day

7/7 no sweets

recipe - not yet
  • adancer59
    Options
    Updated!

Also, here is the link to the new tab in the spreadsheet that lists all of our teammates in case anyone needs it :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtITACIlndtJdHZQSEtfRFNWVEFMQWdZaEtOZ2NWUGc#gid=9
  • adancer59
    Options
    I weighed-in this morning, and as expected I gained back most of the weight that I lost last week. I now weigh 196.6 pounds. I feel bad starting off the new teams (and as a co-captain) with a gain of 4.2 pounds, but this past week was really rough. I think I buried myself in getting this group back together to get through it. I wasn't keeping track of my food, and I only exercised once. That day was yesterday. My boyfriend decided to kick my butt in gear and dragged me to the gym. Thank goodness for that! We now both have memberships, and I'll have a workout buddy from now on.

I should feel good because I have been using MFP and actively trying to healthier for 9 weeks now and this is my first gain. However, for 3 weeks I was stuck at a plateau of 197, so in the past month I've lost less than a pound. Hopefully I can get back into a groove this week...
  • yangi1
    yangi1 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi all, my name is Yangi I'm 37 and have 3 kids 13, 5, and 2. I look forward to doing the challenge with all of you. This week is a bit of a nightmare for me as I have exams so I won't be online much. I'm then going camping for the weekend and back on Monday. from next week I will be back to routine so should hear more from me.

The last week I have lost 0.5 pounds. I'm pleased with that as I haven't been tracking any of my food. I haven't managed to do any challenges properly as well.

Hope everyone has a great week. x
  • TayPat24
    TayPat24 Posts: 131
    Options
    Hi all,

My name is Taylor and I am currently in my second semester of Nursing School. I am in school all through the summer. I have my 12 hour clinical on Tuesdays, so I usually don't do a work out on that day (although being in the hospital for 12 hours in a work out in itself! lol)

I am 19 years old (will be 20 on May 31st!) I live with my parents and my boyfriend of three years, Josh. I don't get much motivation or fitness support from my parents but Josh is currently going to school to be a personal trainer and he tries to help me as much as he can.

I have a bad habit of binge eating in the evening after doing well during the day. I hate it because I realize that I'm doing it and feel so guilty afterwards! I need to break this habit and have been working hard towards it.

I am currently at 207 and can't wait to leave to 200s behind! Let's do this Yellow/Red Team!
  • healthy4meN2013
    Options
    Hello Team!

I hope you have all had a chance to friend each other by now, if not please try to get to know each other. Below you will find this weeks challenge, which is much the same as it has been. A post should be opening soon for people to add their ideas for challenges in the future.

Let's all give it our best this week :flowerforyou:
    Hello again ladies! Let's get these new teams initiated with a new week of challenges! I am going to keep the format similar this week, since I've been very busy with the merge. However, don't forget any awesome ideas you have for later challenges. I will soon post a thread for discussions of ideas.

Anyway, on to Week 5 Challenges!

As usual, there is pounds reward for each part of this challenge.

Exercise Challenges
    1. 4 out of 7 days with 30-45 minutes of cardio or strength exercise sessions to be spread out during the week as it suits you best! Examples: jogging, fast walking, cross-trainer, treadmill, Zumba, Aerobics, Dance, workout DVD , going to the gym etc.
    (moderate cleaning doesn't count ;)

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeeds

2. Try something new or something you haven't done for a while. I know we've had this challenge every week, but it's always good to change up your workouts. Remember this doesn't have to be a huge activity. It could be something as simple as a different kind of abdominal workout (e.g. wall sits) or jumping rope, anything you haven't done in a while. More involved ideas: swimming, dancing, another class at your local gym, a new DVD , tennis with the kids in the park , football, jumping on the trampoline.

3. Let's try something different for this part of the challenge this week. Choose 4 days this week (maybe the same 4 days as your exercise for part 1 or maybe some different days to spread out your workouts). On each of those 4 days spend 10 minutes working one area of your body: arms, legs, abs, or booty. By the end of the week, you'll have received a total body workout and maybe gotten some ideas for your new activity for the week :)

Food Challenges
    4. For the food challenge this week, let's focus on colors. Try to incorporate foods of different colors into your meals and snacks throughout the day. Make your goal to eat at least 5 colors each day. Since this challenge is being posted so late, let's make our goal to eat at least 5 different color foods on 5 of the 7 days this week.

5. Post a picture and recipe of one meal you cooked this week. The more color involved the better :) Judging will be based on color incorporation, health, and presentation .

Post pictures/recipes here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/994185-week-5-cooking-challenge-recipes-pics

1 lbs advantage for everyone who posts a recipe/pic
    2 lbs advantage for the person with the best recipe

Other things we've talked about in the past
    Take a rest day
    Keep drinking water
    Incorporate more fish into your diet
    Don't forget breakfast
    Eat 5 portions of fruits/veggies a day
    Try to cut down on added sugars

In Summary:
    1. 4/7 days of exercise = 1 lbs advantage
    2. 1 session of something new = 1 lbs advantage
    3. 10 minutes of arms, legs, abs, or booty workout, 1 day for each body area focus = 1 lbs advantage
    4. 5/7 days with at least 5 colors of food = 1 lbs advantage
    5. Recipe = 1 lbs for everyone who posts, extra 1 lbs for best recipe
  • navywifeandmomof4
    Options
    1. 1/4 days of exercise
    2. something new. not yet
    3. 20/10 minutes of, workout(abs)
    4. 1/5 days with at least 5 colors of food
    5. Recipe not yet
  • adancer59
    Options
    My week is off to a good start, and I hope everyone else's is as well!

1. 1/4 days of exercise
    2. Nothing new yet
    3. Abs complete
    4. 1/5 days with at least 5 colors of food
    5. No recipe yet
  • navywifeandmomof4
    Options
    1. 2/4 days of exercise
    2. something new. not yet
    3. 40/10 minutes of, workout(abs)
    4. 2/5 days with at least 5 colors of food
    5. Recipe done
  • mjharman
    mjharman Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Marsha. I work fulltime as an SQA Engineer (I test software) and I am currently in graduate school...trying to get my MBA. I have been happily married for 25 years, and I have 3 grown sons who all live at home. We also have 3 dogs. So, I have a lot of responsibility and I am pretty darn busy. But I realize that my health is also important, and that I am worth spending some time on, too.

I have elected to take the summer off of school to spend more time in the gym...so LETS DO THIS everyone! We can and we will!
  • TayPat24
    TayPat24 Posts: 131
    Options
    as I explained in my About Me post Tuesdays are my 12 hour clinicals so I didn't work out today (just got home and am already ready for bed lol)

but I did pack a very colourful lunch so I did do 1/5 dayswith at least 5 colours!
  • stacyb99
    stacyb99 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Stacy, I am 44 married to Anthony (for 2 years) and have a 19 year old daughter, Rachel who just finished sophomore year. I have always been a yo-yo dieter, but until recently was only up and down 15. Upon marrying, I found myself eating more and more, within 2 years of marriage I was up 30 lbs! I was always on the go, now, life finds me home and I guess eating-- I finally started thinking healthy again and since 1/1/13 joined MFP and have lost 14 lbs, Over lost 4 weeks I have been stuck. I am hoping by joining this group, it will jump start me-- I look forward to getting to know you all and being a part of our weight loss success.

I have exercised 2 days so far - I have added walking as soon as I wake up since weather is getting warmer, I want to ensure I am getting it in!
    1 day of 10 minute abs. Check out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yraJwlEJPc0

I also ate quite colorful for two days Not sure how to post pic, can someone help?
  • adancer59
    Options
    So I didn't have time to post much about me before, but as I said, my name is Alison. After finishing my bachelors degree in 2011, I went straight to working toward a PhD in industrial engineering. I am currently finishing my second year of (hopefully) 5 years. I have been with my boyfriend, Kevin, for a year, and he is also working toward a healthier lifestyle with me. He's lost 10 pounds! I have been dieting off and on for 3 years now. However, 9 weeks ago was the last straw, and I'm going to make this time work. In the 3 years of yo-yo dieting I actually gained 23 pounds overall. I can't wait to lose those 23 pounds as well as at least 15 more!

Challenges so far:
    1. 2/4 days of exercise
    2. nothing new yet
    3. abs complete
    4. 2/5 days of colorful food
    5. no recipe yet