Stage 7 Questions (the final countdown)

Options

Replies

• FootsoreRambler
    FootsoreRambler Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I did 7-3 yesterday, and yes, doing the circuit properly helped. I was ridiculously excited to be deadlifting again! Actually, at the end of 7-2 I had some time to kill while I was waiting for my boyfriend to finish his workout, and I tested to see what I could deadlift for a single rep max. I lifted more than my own weight for the first time! I'm pretty stoked about that, even though I know my deadlifts and squats are quite modest compared to some of you awesome gals.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Did the last workout today!!! I will have to try and see if I can figure out how to post pictures. I feel very accomplished. Think I'm going to get a massage on my week off.
  • lhergenr
    lhergenr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    great job! a massage sounds like the perfect way to reward yourself for completing. i've never had one but desperately need one.

i start stage 7 tomorrow (today is a rest day). i'm pretty excited but also nervous from what some of you are saying..i don't want to hurl in the weight room. i'm pretty amazed that i've stuck with this program though. i leave for italy in 2 weeks and it works out perfectly that i will be able to finish this before leaving!
  • CanGirl40
    CanGirl40 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    So is everyone lowering the weights for these high reps??? I did workout 7.1 today and for static lunges I had to use 12's in order to get the 4 sets of 15 done. And even they were hurtin!!!
  • lhergenr
    lhergenr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    oh heck yeah. my first workout i didn't lower my weights enough and i couldn't get through 15 reps. with some of the exercises i even just do bodyweight for the first one or two sets. i'm not crazy about high reps and low weights but i guess it's to promote fat loss?
  • Kelwats27
    Kelwats27 Posts: 4
    Options
    Ok done my first Stage 7 Workout 1 today. Oh my gosh I thought I was gonna hurl and spent 20 mins after doing all the sets waiting for the nausea to go away. Hope I don't have that every time. Glad I did it at home and not a gym or I reckon I might have hurled in the gym.

Only done 15 reps per set don't think I could have managed 20 but will try it the second time around.
    I hear all you lady's this stage is brutal.
  • CanGirl40
    Options
    Did workout 2 today...was able to manage everything but the underhand lat pulldown (I injured something during stage 6 and the reverse pull up...) Anyway, it was definitely challenging. My HRM said I burned 600 cals and that was with 10 minute run warm up, 20 minutes spin HIIT after! Great burn!
  • CanGirl40
    Options
    Workout #3 done today. While I haven't felt like hurling per se, I'm a sweaty mess and I can barely eke out the last few in a set. I hope I"m pushing myself enough....I have to remember that my heavy is different than someone else's...(I don't get muscular easily and I swear I'll never have a calf muscle...*sigh*) LOL

Guess I need to start thinking about what next...?
  • CanGirl40
    Options
    4 sets of 15 with 30 sec (sometimes more!) of rest:

Barbell deadlift - 75
    Static lunge - 15's
    Push up - elevated legs
    Barbell R. deadlift - 75
    DB bent over row - 15's
  • kwa7
    kwa7 Posts: 2
    Options
    Well did my workout 2 yesterday and must say it was better didn't feel like hurling need to make a decision what to do next?
  • Emtabo01
    Options
    I just finished up and am a few workouts into Abs - I really, really like it! I will probably move onto Supercharged after this.
  • kwa7
    kwa7 Posts: 2
    Options
    What's abs like tossing up between this and supercharged?
  • Emtabo01
    Options
    There's three stages, I was getting confused with all the new info at once. so I didn't do much with looking ahead to stage 2 and 3, but in stage 1 there's a specific warmup, takes 5-10 minutes. Then all the ab work is first, lots of plank variations, nothing simple or easy here! Then strength training, so various deadlifts, squats, presses, etc. Takes me just over an hour with the foam rolling afterwards they recommend but don't require.
  • CanGirl40
    Options
    Workout 7.5 down. Managed to deadlift 4 sets of 15 at 85#. I was proud of myself...:)

Hmmmm...Abs sounds intriguing. I was thinking of using BBE and creating my own workout for a month or two...?
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Ooh boy I did the first workout last nite. Oh. Em. Gee. I'm a big fan of low reps/high weight so it was hard for me to drop the weights low enough to finish the 15. I had to do bodyweight only on the lunges...gah. I think the hardest part for me was surviving the first 8 reps where you feel like "oh, this is way easy, I think I set the weight too low" before you get to the shaking and burning signaling you've arrived at rep 15, lol.

This is definitely a more circuit-training style workout than the others, with the long sets & short breaks. I confess I cheated & rested longer than 30 seconds more than once...& didn't do my 4th repeat of the B sequence. I was too wiped!! But I'm coming off a week vacation, so I didn't lift (did a few training runs though) so it was my first lifting session in a while. I expected to be crippled this morning but I actually feel ok. Second workout scheduled for tomorrow!
  • CanGirl40
    Options
    Ooh boy I did the first workout last nite. Oh. Em. Gee. I'm a big fan of low reps/high weight so it was hard for me to drop the weights low enough to finish the 15. I had to do bodyweight only on the lunges...gah. I think the hardest part for me was surviving the first 8 reps where you feel like "oh, this is way easy, I think I set the weight too low" before you get to the shaking and burning signaling you've arrived at rep 15, lol.

This is definitely a more circuit-training style workout than the others, with the long sets & short breaks. I confess I cheated & rested longer than 30 seconds more than once...& didn't do my 4th repeat of the B sequence. I was too wiped!! But I'm coming off a week vacation, so I didn't lift (did a few training runs though) so it was my first lifting session in a while. I expected to be crippled this morning but I actually feel ok. Second workout scheduled for tomorrow!

I did 7.7 today and believe you me, I am definitely resting more than 30 seconds at times! Really gets your heart rate up there...I love what you said about thinking the weight is too low but then getting to the burn/shake. So true:)

Was able to eke out 4 sets of 20 pushups today and felt great about that! The single leg static lunges are tough! Started with 15s and had to switch to 12s halfway thru.

Still don't know what to do after this...I really really wanna build more muscle...
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I had to rest more than 30 secs too and started out with weights too high. I had to go down in everything. I HATE that! This stage is already a killer!!

CanGirl are you still reading this thread? I just picked up Nia Shanks Beautiful BadAss program. It looks great. I am not 100% positive that I'm going to do it but I do like the way it looks. I'm deciding between 5x5, 5-3-1, NROL Supercharged, and Nia Shanks
  • CanGirl40
    Options
    Yes, Sue, hi still here!:laugh:

I'm looking into Nia Shanks too! I really like her stuff - I heard her on a podcast - love her accent. I downloaded something from her site a while back but haven't really looked at it yet.

I only completed 7.8 of NROL (skipped the last 4...) I was getting bored/unmotivated to repeat them all...plus two injuries weren't doing me any good...

Still at a bit of a loss as to where to go next...may try Beautiful Badass. Also had Supercharged recommended to me...
  • suelegal
    Options
    I have Supercharged, and Cowgirl is doing it and is getting a lot out of it I think. Too many good programs to choose from!
  • suelegal
    Options
    OMG #2 about killed me this morning! I did bodyweight step ups and still struggled with the last 5 of each set. I'm really happy with OHP, I struggle with that on a good day, I only had to drop to 15# DBs and although the last 5 of each set were ugly as sin, I pushed thru! The rest were good, maybe next time through I'll be stronger still and can add a little weight.