Feisty and Fifty-two

Options
2»

Replies

• viragoeap
    viragoeap Posts: 107
    Options
    I think fasting is an individual thing and works differently for different people. I fast once a month and can also do light exercise during the period. I miss 2 meals which is usually tea, and breakfast. What I tend to do is eat a low carb and high protein dinner and hydrate well before the fast. I'm also a slow oxidiser so metabolise quite slowly so I can go quite long periods without intake. If you want to work with fasting, I would suggest you work with different food types and find out what takes longer to digest and of course hydrate well. All the best.
  • htecm
    htecm Posts: 41
    Options
    This 5.2 fasting diet, it's working for me. I aint as hungry on this 'diet' as I was totally fasting with just water. I at least get 500 cals. I made me a 300 calorie salad and I was able to have some when I started feeling hungry. I wasnt starving, but now today I can eat and I aint hungry. I also had a decent breakfast, with 2 egg whites and some turkey bacon with a slice of toast on the side. I think my body is seeing that food isn't everything. Monday comes another fast day (500 cals regardless the word 'fast'), and I am actually looking forward to it. I plan to go with the huge salad again. I get plenty of fiber, plenty of veggies, and I am satisfied, which I feel is an important part of dieting. I think of this 5.2 'diet' to be more of a lifestyle 'change' more so then a 'diet'. I am going to try to stick to it. About every 3 days or so I am losing pounds. Some weeks are only 1 or 2 pounds, other weeks are 3 and 4 pounds. It depends on the exercises. I am taking 2 days off but back at it soon, probably tomorrow. Had to let my muscles and bones rest for a couple days. But I do miss my walks. It's coming to be second nature now. They say after just 3 weeks of the same routine becomes habit. Just try it. I did and found it worked for me. I just have to win this challenge. Time is running out, but you know what? I have faith, that I CAN do this!
  • JanetteBradleyMahnken
    JanetteBradleyMahnken Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am slowly but surely figuring out how to get into these msgs and trying to read them and post in them. I am 53, I am in menopause, I have 30-40 LBs to lose. I am doing a lot of dog walking and other exercise. I like using our Wii Fit Plus for yoga, free run, strenght training and a whole lot more, when ever I steal some time on the machine away from my boyfriend's 8 year old son and his friends. I just started doing jumping jacks and jumping rope, and working with my free weights too. I also have my own basket ball that I bought for myself when I bought the family one of those big driveway basket ball hoop things, so I can run around and play with that too. I am thinking of buying one of those big hula hoops that spinners are using now to lose weight. And I am also thinking about getting one or more of the "Just Dance" disks for the Wii. And also thinking about getting the "Zumba Core disk kit for the Wii too, and maybe some other fitness disk kits for the Wii. I joined several groups in here and I also belong to SparkPeople, another site like this one. And several weight loss sites on Facebook too. Several of them are doing a weight loss challenge for the month of June. I didn't lose much weight this week, but I lost several inches this week, so I am really happy with how things are going. I can't fast, it messes up my blood sugar level too much and then I end up starving and binging. So for me it's not a lose weight quick thing, I have to find some thing that I can keep up for life. So that is why I choose counting calories for the first time and just trying to cut back my intake, making better food choices and exercising a lot more.