Doctor Who Trivia

Options

Replies

• helenme28
    helenme28 Posts: 18
    Options
    I knew most of the answers to this quiz, but then got sidetracked looking up some information ....... then got further sidetracked reading about Captain Jack, etc ...... an hour later I realized that I'm running late for work ...... again :laugh:

Hope everyone has an amazing day !

Dr Who does tent to make time go all "Wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey"
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I knew most of the answers to this quiz, but then got sidetracked looking up some information ....... then got further sidetracked reading about Captain Jack, etc ...... an hour later I realized that I'm running late for work ...... again :laugh:

Hope everyone has an amazing day !

Dr Who does tent to make time go all "Wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey"

drwho5_zps8496d39b.gif
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Wibbley-Wobbley Timey-Wimey is an often quoted Doctor Who line. Name the actor that was the doctor when it was said and name the episode it was said in. (No points for a partial answer)

What does the doctor claim is the most important thing that anyone needs to travel the universe?

What fighting style does the doctor know?
  • RTDice
    RTDice Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    1. Why does the doctor call his time machine TARDIS?

He doesn't - Susan does because its a Time And Relative Demensions In Space machine

2. What is the name of the doctor's home planet?

Galafry

3. What is the name of the home planet to the Daleks?

Scaro

4. How did "Demon's Run" get its name?

According to the big blue bloke (Dorium Mal... something) it comes from the saying "Demons run when a good man goes to war"

5. What was the first word spoken by Christopher Eccelston as the doctor?

"Run"
  • RTDice
    RTDice Posts: 193 Member
    Options

Where does Doctor Who meet Martha Jones?

No where as his name is The Doctor and not Doctor who.....
  • soldier4242
    Options

Where does Doctor Who meet Martha Jones?

No where as his name is The Doctor and not Doctor who.....

Ok you got me. Sometimes it is hard to doctor without following it up with who. My bad.
  • beckiern1
    beckiern1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Wibbley-Wobbley Timey-Wimey is an often quoted Doctor Who line. Name the actor that was the doctor when it was said and name the episode it was said in. (No points for a partial answer)

What does the doctor claim is the most important thing that anyone needs to travel the universe?

1. david tennant in don't blink (don't even blink. blink and you're dead)
    2. what is knowledge?
    3. venusian something. akido? atido? i don't remember. i get it confused with mok'bara from star trek.
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I can't remember the name of the fighting style, but it was the 3rd Doctor who specialized in it, wasn't it?
  • soldier4242
    Options

1. david tennant in don't blink (don't even blink. blink and you're dead)
    2. what is knowledge?
    3. venusian something. akido? atido? i don't remember. i get it confused with mok'bara from star trek.

1. You got this one correct. Kudos on the blink and your dead line.
    2. You gave a good guess on this but no. The doctor lists off several things that people need but then he says specifically what he thinks people need the most.
    3. I will count this one. Venusian Martial Arts.
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Love reading this thread :flowerforyou:

Torchwood is an anagram of Doctor Who. I thought that was kinda neat.
  • verptwerp
    Options
    Love reading this thread :flowerforyou:

Torchwood is an anagram of Doctor Who. I thought that was kinda neat.

:laugh: never saw that before, thanks for sharing :laugh:
  • verptwerp
    Options
    11th Doctor trivia .....

When Doctor Who went to pick up Rory at his bachelor party, how did the Doctor arrive ?

What are Amy's parents' names ?

What is the Lammersteen Scanner ?

:drinker:
  • soldier4242
    Options
    I am really hoping someone can answer these questions because I don't know the answers of the top of my head and I am not using google for any of this.
  • verptwerp
    Options
    I won't give the answers just yet ........

Just finished watching "Gridlock" with the Tenth Doctor ...... this sounds ridiculous, but I always start coughing badly when I see this episode ...... also, it's the 3rd appearance of the Face of Boe ...... I cried at the end :sad:
  • beckiern1
    Options
    11th Doctor trivia .....

When Doctor Who went to pick up Rory at his bachelor party, how did the Doctor arrive ?

What are Amy's parents' names ?

What is the Lammersteen Scanner ?

:drinker:

1) he popped out of the cake!
    2) tabitha and gus, i think. at least her daddy looked like a gus. she lived with her aunt sharon before the crack in the wall was fixed. and rory's daddy is brian. aka arthur weasley haha
    3) the scanner is what the doctor made when he was living with craig to discover what was upstairs. there was regular stuff in it, like the umbrella and wheels and crap, because he couldn't use the sonic.
  • beckiern1
    Options
    i'm a rose/doctor shipper, so i have to admit i'm not a huge fan of martha. i did really like this episode though, especially with the kitten children! i really like the face of boe as well. oh jack ;)
  • verptwerp
    Options
    @ Beckley

Yes, the Doctor popped out of a cake ..... I think he went to tell Rory that Amy was putting the moves on him LOL
    Yes, Tabitha & Augustus ...... I forgot about the aunt ...... really loved when Amy realizes someone's missing her wedding !
    And the scanner was just a bunch of non-tech pieces & parts ...... I actually like the 2nd story with Craig much better, especially with Stormageddon :laugh:

BTW, just thinking about "Gridlock" has my throat closing up ...... i swear I smell exhaust fumes !

And I admit, I'm in love with Captain Jack ..... don't tell my hubby :laugh:
  • beckiern1
    Options
    i adore rory, despite not being a fan of amy. he reminds me of my husband--completely devoted, almost to a fault. arthur darvill is brilliant.

i thought captain jack was a great addition to the doctor/rose dynamic, and i wish that they could have done more with it. but as pretty as jack is, my heart belongs to a tall skinny scotsman ;)
  • verptwerp
    Options
    Martha Jones is not my favorite companion, but she gets the job done .......

So, I'm watching "Daleks in Manhattan" (2007) and don't remember seeing it before ......... there are the pig-slave creatures, as well as the "last 4 Daleks" ....... the Daleks have realized they need to evolve and are introducing "the final experiment" ...... hybridization with humans ...... which produces a REALLY disgusting version ...... ewwwww ..... RUN !!

Anyone know the names of the 4 remaining Daleks ?

drwho5_zps8496d39b.gif
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    The only one I remember is Dalek-Kahn. And I love that gif. Probably shouldn't watch it at work, gets drool on my keyboard.

I loved Martha. Just felt so bad for her, she was so starry-eyed for the Doctor and I don't think he had a clue (not that it mattered after Rose) until she finally said goodbye.

Still, the scene with Donna when they finally see each other at the Adipose building sealed her as my favorite companion. I was sure I wouldn't like her - boy was I wrong!