Introductions

Replies

• 4MeAndOlivia
    4MeAndOlivia Posts: 7 Member
    Hi there!

I just joined MFP and I'm looking for friend (especially moms!) to share this journey with! I had my first baby 6 weeks ago (her name is Olivia) and now it's time for me to get back in shape...! I have about 46 pounds to lose to get where I want to be. Also, I will be 30 years old in September so I would like to lose 36 pounds by then (to be at the weight I was before my pregnancy).

Feel free to add me as friend! :)
  • Hello!

My name is Minda, 45 years old, mother of 4 and a grandma...just recently quit smoking, it's been 4 months...but I have gained so much weight...I just weighed in 168lbs. Yuck!!! I work the night shift also...need some energy...
    Hope to start this journey of my life ....to be healthy :-)
  • KristiCastro27
    KristiCastro27 Posts: 31 Member
    I can totally relate to your turning to food when you're stressed. I have a one year old and have really struggled to lose the baby weight (finally got down to pre-preggo weight) but was about 30lbs heavier than I wanted to be when I found out I was pregnant.
  • hellokeeters
    hellokeeters Posts: 11 Member
    Hi. My name is Abby, I have been on MFP for about a week and have lost 2 lbs, I still have over 100lbs to lose though :/ My daughter was born in 2011 and I do not want her to pick up any of my bad habits, so I started eating better and exercising. Now she tries to stretch and do jumping jacks with me. I would like to have more friends on here that are also in the mommy role model position.
  • kazzbot
    kazzbot Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm Karen - just joined MFP a few days ago. I have done Weight Watchers several times with varying success, thought I'd try something new (and free!).
    I live in Australia, but am Canadian. I have 2 little girls, aged 3 and 1. I find that life is busy and it's hard to plan meals etc, but I am trying to plan, especially lunches.
    I am 80kg and would like to be 60kg - so about 50lbs to lose. It's been almost 10 years since I was a healthy weight, and I had to work hard to get there in the first place! I am confident I can do it again though!
    Looking forward to getting to know you all!
  • tmink85
    tmink85 Posts: 5
    Hi I'm Tina, mother of a gorgeous 3 year old boy, Dash, and married to one hell of a man, Trevor. My health and theirs is top priority in my life. With a long family history of heart disease, diabetes, and cancer I've decided the time in now to take our health seriously by doing everything within my control to avoid developing these diseases. All of my grandparents passed at very early ages, 50's or 60's, and I never had the chance to meet my fraternal grandparents. My mother has just combatted and won the fight against colon cancer and my dad struggles daily with diabetes. I don't want this for my husband or I and hope that by making healthy lifestyle choices we will pass on the healthy lifestyle to our son, and him to his family, and so on. Family is important, and the longer they are here with us the more knowledge we gain, the more love we have, and the memories there are to be made.
  • lawmaria
    lawmaria Posts: 184 Member
    Hi, I am a mother of 4 boys (22, 16, 13, 19 months). I also have 3 stepchildren, 2 boys and 1 girl (15, 14 and 12). I also have a 22 month old granddaughter. I work full-time and I am presently doing the INSANITY workout. About 3 weeks ago I finished 90 days of Turbo Fire! I am a hardworking mommy and for new year's resolution I decided to get back on track with my weightloss. With my last baby I gained 80lbs. I have lost 75lbs so far. I have about 17lbs to get to my goal. Losing weight is a hard job. If we could all lose it as fast as we gained it, wouldn't that be AWESOME!! Yep it sure would. LOL If anyone is looking for some a new mommy/gma friend. Send me a request. We can help motivate each other. Have a beautiful day!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :laugh: :wink:
  • cmglass10
    cmglass10 Posts: 31
    Hello, I'm new here. Just looking for a group of people that will help keep me motivated on my journey. And that could offer tips and advice
  • rebekahlp
    rebekahlp Posts: 9
    Hello y'all. I'm a returning MFP'er hoping to do it right this time. I'm a 41 year old mother of one 13 yr old son and I've been married to a wonderful man for 16 years. My goal is to lose about 20 lbs. That may not sound like much but for someone that is less that 5 ft, believe me it's a lot. I'm looking for some supportive friends that don't mind calling me out when I don't do what I should ????Feel free to add me.
  • jane1969l
    jane1969l Posts: 7 Member
    Hello all, I'm Jane

You all look so thin and lovely on your photos! I don't fit in a thumbnail so I won't be posting until I have lost at least a stone! I am 43, I have two children and have found it hard to loose weight or indeed, stop gaining weight since I had them. I would have thought that with a 2 year old and a 5 year old to run after, and 3 dogs, I would be as thin as a rake, but no :-(
  • Hi moms!!
    My name is Brittany. I'm a 23 year old mother to an amazing 2 year old little boy.I have gone through so much stuff that it is now time for me to get back into shape. I was paralyzed before I had my son which is a long story but to sum it up I woke up like it one day and doctors have no idea what happened so I had to learn to walk all over again. ""I am running and jogging now"" once I was able to learn to walk again months later I found out I was pregnant and then I had my son. now just a couple months ago the doctors thought I had breast cancer so I was really nervous since I saw lots of doctors. Came to find out that it was not cancer so I was very happy. Now I'm ready to get back into shape and do better for me and my son.

If any moms wanna add me I would greatly appreciate it!! :)
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Hello! My name is Melissa and I'm 31 years old. I'm a SAHM of 3 boys and a full time student. I've been on MFP for a few years now. My first year I lost 50lbs and felt amazing! I decided to take a little break and I fell back into old habits, especially when I started school last Fall. I've gained half of what I lost plus a few extra pounds. Completely kicking myself in the butt for that. I'm here again trying to lose what I gained plus more. I'll be here for awhile since I haven't learned how to be "responsible" without MFP. I have gotten strict with who I add to my list- I'm looking for those who are active, motivated and with open diaries. We're all here for one goal, so why hide what we put in our mouths, we should all be accountable. So if you're looking for the same in a pal, please add me. I try to encourage everyone of my pals and I look forward to the same.
  • smesche
    smesche Posts: 234 Member
    Hello Mamas!

I'm 28 and a Mom to a hyper 2 year old boy. I'm currently at 242 lbs standing 5'8. I joined MFP to lose the weight I've packed on over the years. My husband is a body builder and I got into the habit of eating the way he does without putting in the effort to keep the lbs from adding up. :sad: :grumble:

Now I am eating better and just joined a gym this past Monday. I can't wait to get to know all of you and go through this WLJ together! Good luck everyone and feel free to add me if you think we can help each other :wink:
  • Bpierce03
    Bpierce03 Posts: 11 Member
    Hi, my name is Brittany and I am from Alabama. I am married and have 3 kids. I am also 7 months pregnant with our last child. I am 5'3 so my goal weight would be like 125-130, but I know it will take a lot of hard work to get there so I would love to make some great friends on MFP in the same boat as me! :)
  • Hi! I'm April. I'm new to MFP. The reason I joined is to find some motivation and finally stop making excuses! I am a first time mom. My baby girl is a year old. I'm 5'2 my CW is 150 and my GW is between 130-125. As of yesterday I started doing the Insanity workout again, all I need now is to better my eating habits. I would love to make new friends on here and share my journey to sexiness ????
  • lawmaria
    HI MFP Friends! I am currently doing Insanity. I also finished 90 days of TurboFire! Anyone want to join my mfp family. My weight the day of delivery of last son (currently 19 months) was 229. CW 153 and my GW 136. I have a total of 4 boys (22, 16, 13 and 19 month old), I also have a 20 month old granddaughter. I work full-time, take care of my children and I still find time for myself to workout and eat healthier (maybe not 100% of the time, but I make an effort for at least 95%..ok maybe 90%, alright 85%). LOL I have been told that I am a great motivator and great friend. If you would like to add me, read my profile and send me a request. I would love to help you get to your goals. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • lawmaria
    WOW gf, you have been through hell and back. So happy that you are now able to do things that you could not do. I love the profile pic! Adorable. I would love to be friends with you. My baby boy is 19 months and I also have a granddaughter 20 months. Life is great! :flowerforyou:
    Hi moms!!
    My name is Brittany. I'm a 23 year old mother to an amazing 2 year old little boy.I have gone through so much stuff that it is now time for me to get back into shape. I was paralyzed before I had my son which is a long story but to sum it up I woke up like it one day and doctors have no idea what happened so I had to learn to walk all over again. ""I am running and jogging now"" once I was able to learn to walk again months later I found out I was pregnant and then I had my son. now just a couple months ago the doctors thought I had breast cancer so I was really nervous since I saw lots of doctors. Came to find out that it was not cancer so I was very happy. Now I'm ready to get back into shape and do better for me and my son.

If any moms wanna add me I would greatly appreciate it!! :)
  • lawmaria
    hi heather! how are you doing? i would love to be your mfp. :flowerforyou:
    Hi
    I'm Heather. I'm 34, mom to a 6 year old boy and 4 year old twin girls. I live in Las Vegas. My highest weight was 298. I lost 70lbs and have gained 30lbs back. I haven't been very motivated lately. I am trying to focus and get back on track.
  • lawmaria
    hi, minda. i would like to be your mfp. :flowerforyou:
    Hello!

My name is Minda, 45 years old, mother of 4 and a grandma...just recently quit smoking, it's been 4 months...but I have gained so much weight...I just weighed in 168lbs. Yuck!!! I work the night shift also...need some energy...
    Hope to start this journey of my life ....to be healthy :-)
  • lawmaria
    hi, i would like to be your mfp! :flowerforyou:
    Hello, I am around 216 lbs. I have a 17 month old little girl, and still have all the baby weight. I just can't seem to control my eating. If any one has any tips for me, I would like to get down to 160lbs. Thanks!