Level 2 Daily Check In

Options

Replies

• CCNYE63
    CCNYE63 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    myrealname, To keep your balance during the lift leg/lift arm exercise, stare at one spot straight ahead. I stare at the logo on my tv. Don't worry about how high your leg is, and keep your abs constricted.

Beachgod, so sorry about your sciatica. Take care.
  • cadjin
    cadjin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Aww cadjin that's such a shame to hear!
    All I can say is that I've lost weight before (about half a stone on and off) and have fluctuated but have never been happy with the results after losing weight from just dieting. After hearing an interview with Jillian Michaels I was determined that exercise that can change your body for good- after all, if you're cutting calories and exercising then you'll burn fat and build muscle, whereas if you just cut calories your body will use up its fat and muscle at the same time. And the fitter you get, the more you can exercise, and the more fat you will burn. Meaning that what will be left is (eventually!) a lot less weight but a much more toned figure.

That's what I'm hoping, anyway! I still want to lose weight but I don't mind if it's a slightly slower process because of building muscle. I'm tired of going from flabby to slightly less flabby, this time I want to go from flabby to toned!

But, of course, it is 100% up to you as it's your body after all! Do what makes you happy :)

I completed Day 5 today and it's going fine so far, just worried about tomorrow as I have an exam and won't be able to do the shred at my normal time. It'll have to wait until the evening, so here's hoping I still have the energy...

Thanks for that, I don't want to quit exercise but I want to be able to lose weight at the same time as toning! maybe I am just to impatient? when I lost 40lbs last year I still had the wobbly bits and that is why I wanted to tone up, but I still have some weight to lose and just hoped that this would be the best exercise programme for losing and toning at the same time, I am not going to quit this though, I am almost halfway through after today, when I get around to doing it!! so quitting would mean that I have wasted 2 weeks of my life!
    After thinking on it last night, I have decided that I shall carry on but also incorporate more cardio into my routine as well, that way with all of that and cutting calories something may change, I mean my weekly calorie deficit for the last two weeks has been 3196 so should have lost a lb but hopefully it will go in time as I don't want to be flabby either.
    I have read alot about this and you are not supposed to work the same muscle groups two days running, I am thinking that I may do 1 or 2 days shred and 1 day on the elliptical to give the muscle chance to repair, it just means that my 30 days will take longer but if I lose the weight I want to lose and tone up then that is fine, I am not expecting to lose the remaining weight in a short time, I prefer slow and steady but I am the sort of person that needs to see a drop on the scale, even a little one, to stay motivated!
    I shall do my day 4 later tonight and then see how that goes as my hamstring is much improved now, then the elliptical either tomorrow or Thursday and work it that way and see how I go over the course of a week.
  • Tanya1995
    Tanya1995 Posts: 39
    Options
    L2D5 done!

Come on everyone we can do this!! We are almost there! Keep up the good work everyone!!!
  • CCNYE63
    CCNYE63 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    cadjin, I like your new plan. I started on May 1st, and I've only done 30DS 16 days so far. I don't usually do more than 2 days in a roll, and more than 4 days in a week. Last week, I took Sat and Sun off, and I felt so much stronger and more energetic when I shredded on Monday. On days I don't shred, I either run, power walk, or use the eliptical. This plan has helped me lose pounds and inches, and I always eat my exercise calories.

Keep up the good work, everyone!
  • jlcarcajc4
    jlcarcajc4 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I didn't check in on Sat or yesterday but I did Level 2 Days 2&3. Yesterday it was at about 9:15pm. I did it even though I wasn't feelin' it. I was even sick to my stomach a lil afterwards. I'm going to do Day 4 tonight hopefully. No weight change :( Don't feel my body is changing either but it's my fault. I definitely did not eat very good over the holiday. I tried but I swear my sweet tooth gets the best of me at times.
  • Metallux
    Metallux Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Aww cadjin that's such a shame to hear!
    All I can say is that I've lost weight before (about half a stone on and off) and have fluctuated but have never been happy with the results after losing weight from just dieting. After hearing an interview with Jillian Michaels I was determined that exercise that can change your body for good- after all, if you're cutting calories and exercising then you'll burn fat and build muscle, whereas if you just cut calories your body will use up its fat and muscle at the same time. And the fitter you get, the more you can exercise, and the more fat you will burn. Meaning that what will be left is (eventually!) a lot less weight but a much more toned figure.

That's what I'm hoping, anyway! I still want to lose weight but I don't mind if it's a slightly slower process because of building muscle. I'm tired of going from flabby to slightly less flabby, this time I want to go from flabby to toned!

But, of course, it is 100% up to you as it's your body after all! Do what makes you happy :)

I completed Day 5 today and it's going fine so far, just worried about tomorrow as I have an exam and won't be able to do the shred at my normal time. It'll have to wait until the evening, so here's hoping I still have the energy...

Thanks for that, I don't want to quit exercise but I want to be able to lose weight at the same time as toning! maybe I am just to impatient? when I lost 40lbs last year I still had the wobbly bits and that is why I wanted to tone up, but I still have some weight to lose and just hoped that this would be the best exercise programme for losing and toning at the same time, I am not going to quit this though, I am almost halfway through after today, when I get around to doing it!! so quitting would mean that I have wasted 2 weeks of my life!
    After thinking on it last night, I have decided that I shall carry on but also incorporate more cardio into my routine as well, that way with all of that and cutting calories something may change, I mean my weekly calorie deficit for the last two weeks has been 3196 so should have lost a lb but hopefully it will go in time as I don't want to be flabby either.
    I have read alot about this and you are not supposed to work the same muscle groups two days running, I am thinking that I may do 1 or 2 days shred and 1 day on the elliptical to give the muscle chance to repair, it just means that my 30 days will take longer but if I lose the weight I want to lose and tone up then that is fine, I am not expecting to lose the remaining weight in a short time, I prefer slow and steady but I am the sort of person that needs to see a drop on the scale, even a little one, to stay motivated!
    I shall do my day 4 later tonight and then see how that goes as my hamstring is much improved now, then the elliptical either tomorrow or Thursday and work it that way and see how I go over the course of a week.

I've been meaning to comment on this subject--from what I can tell, no one loses that much weight in 30 DS, just inches. But I read a couple people report that they did lose a LOT more weight doing 30DS for 2 months back to back. the first month they lost 1-4 lbs.(probably water) the second month they lost a lot more, like 7-10lbs. I wonder if anyone here has experience with this personally, 2 months of shred back to back?

I doubt I'll lose all that much weight from shred alone, but it would be nice to lose a little more weight since I"m putting in all this effort. whenever those plank jacks exercises come up, I can look down and see there's a giant waddle of fat sitting even more defined on the abs! I'm thinking of adding in some low impact elliptical everyday, or maybe start riding my bike again everywhere. and maybe 30ds 2 months in a row. but I can't really think about that right now! lol

yesterday my Level 2 Day 2 got derailed unexpectedly, so I'll be doing it later today.
  • lovingmyreflection
    Options
    Unfortunately, I was unable to do 30DS yesterday. So today I completed Level 2 Day 3. I am so ready for this level to be over! I hate all of the plank variations
  • RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I hAte all the plank stuff too! I was thinking after I finish this to do it for another month too but I don't know yet lol I finished level 2 day 3 today I got burnt out when it came to the jumping Jack plank things :p not my favorite...
  • myrealname
    myrealname Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I did L2 D3 today. I still have a really hard time with balance for the one leg exercise, I have to put my foot down constantly. By the time I do find my balance - we're done LOL.

I find the plank jacks really hard on the shoulders after the previous exercise.
  • hardyjessicag
    hardyjessicag Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    LV2D5 done for me. My back is starting to hurt hella bad, but I think it's from weight machines more than 30ds.

So officially half way done (goodness, can't believe i'm only halfway ). But level 3 is looming in sight, and that's enough to keep pushing through.

Happy Tuesday everyone, keeping pushing! 30 days is a relatively short amount of time, and in it we can accomplish so much!
  • jlcarcajc4
    jlcarcajc4 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I didn't check in on Sat or yesterday but I did Level 2 Days 2&3. Yesterday it was at about 9:15pm. I did it even though I wasn't feelin' it. I was even sick to my stomach a lil afterwards. I'm going to do Day 4 tonight hopefully. No weight change :( Don't feel my body is changing either but it's my fault. I definitely did not eat very good over the holiday. I tried but I swear my sweet tooth gets the best of me at times.

Well just completed level 2 day 4. Man,I definitely have to do some of them with modifications!
  • bpalferys
    bpalferys Posts: 45
    Options
    Had a day off yesterday because of an exam in the morning but was actually glad to get back to shredding today!

Still counting it as my Day 7, having one day off on level 1 didn't affect much :)

Hope it's going well for everyone! I certainly feel stronger and slimmer. Can't wait to take my next 'During' picture on Satuday!
  • Kassadeedle
    Kassadeedle Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Finally started level 2! I did a lot of modifications and used 3lb weights so I could figure out what I'm doing. This level definitely requires some coordination and balance which i do not have lol. I like the cardio in this level better.
  • LoseSyra
    LoseSyra Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm jumping into your group late. I'll be on L2, D4 or 5 tonight. I don't do it everyday due to rubbish knees. I haven't done it in 5 days due to being away for the holiday weekend, and last night was my swim night. So, I'm posting this morning to help motivate me to get back at it tonight. My arms really feel stronger and I've definitely noticed my abs slimming down. The cardio in L2 is harder for me due to knee issues, so I modify some of the moves. Keep shredding everyone!
  • Tanya1995
    Tanya1995 Posts: 39
    Options
    L2D6 done :) phew I almost took a rest day but I decided to push through it!

Keep up the good work everyone!!
  • Metallux
    Metallux Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    L2 D3 punched in. I also did 15 additional minutes of elliptical pretty hard to further along some weight loss. not sure that was a good idea, though. I feel like my blood sugar is too low or something now--kind of shakey and nauseous. Level 2 is hard enough as it is for me.

on the bright side, I got some new trial size packets of vegan protein shakes to try out :) berry, vanilla chai, french vanilla, and chocolate, mix with water or almond milk. (I'm sure you non-vegans are thinking "barf" lol but it sounds awesome to me!)
  • LindieLu79
    LindieLu79 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 2 day 3... Jillian has killed my knees. I noticed it towards the end of level 1 but now it's gotten so bad that I can't do all the exercises. I believe they are inflammed. So annoying! I've never had any problems with my knees or any other body part for that matter. I did take a day off, have taken Aleve, and have iced them.. but they are not 100%. I want to follow through with 30 DS since I want to finish before my vacation that's coming up but at the same time there's no sense in busting my chops and killing my knees if i won't even be able to walk around Disney World!

so... i'm going to continue with this, but it will be very modified.. no jumping jacks or anything that involves putting a lot of stress on my knees.. I'll try to keep my heartbeat up during those times by doing the punching things... i know my results may be affected, but when it comes to abs and strength, I'm gonna give it my all.
  • lovingmyreflection
    Options
    Level 2, day 4 complete! Today is my weigh-in day and I lost 0.6 pounds since last Wednesday and 1/2 inch from both of my arms. I decided to weigh myself after I completed the workout and lost 0.8 pounds from sweating so much! I better drink water to rehydrate myself!

After 2 weeks of this workout I was starting to have knee pain from so much jumping around. To try to reduce the pain I put mat down and workedout on that and it helped me immensely! No more knee pain!
  • LindieLu79
    LindieLu79 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Level 2, day 4 complete! Today is my weigh-in day and I lost 0.6 pounds since last Wednesday and 1/2 inch from both of my arms. I decided to weigh myself after I completed the workout and lost 0.8 pounds from sweating so much! I better drink water to rehydrate myself!

After 2 weeks of this workout I was starting to have knee pain from so much jumping around. To try to reduce the pain I put mat down and workedout on that and it helped me immensely! No more knee pain!

I have a foam mat... I can try that... but I definitely want to wait until it's 100% because I don't want to risk making it worse. Thanks for the tip!
  • myrealname
    myrealname Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Day 4 Level 2 done. I have to say I am feeling very discouraged today. I've been doing a lot of reading here on MFP and am wondering if I've been doing the right things etc on this journey. I'm wondering if doing primarily the 30 DS is enough (I also do kickboxing twice a week). I just don't want to be able to grab a handful of fat off my hips and stomach anymore.

(Sorry for the whine, tomorrow is another day)