Introduce Yourself.

Options
13»

Replies

• twinmoon
    twinmoon Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi - I needed to lose 65 lbs. I started earlier this year and have lost 29 lbs so far. I'm determined to make 2013 MY year, so this group is perfect. I have 36 lbs left to lose. I log my food, water, exercise in daily, and I love the MFP community. i've tried everything - WW, Jenny Craig, Atkins, South Beach, Dukan. But, with MFP, I have sanity. Happy to lend support to anyone who is struggling with weight loss. Looking forward to mini-challenges along the way.
  • Heidi0630
    Heidi0630 Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi I'm Heidi and I just joined MFP yesterday. Next summer I'm getting married (again), and I want to look and feel great!
    I won't go dress shopping until I fit into a smaller size. I'm going to lose 28 lbs to get to my goal weight of 150lbs.
  • achnburn
    achnburn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am excited to join this challenge and hope its the motivation I need to finally jump start my weight loss. I have been trying to lose weight for over a year now and have been up and down. I am currently 8.8 lbs down from my highest weight since starting this journey. I am more concerned about my body compesition and health than I typical number on a scale. I am currently just under 35% body fat which makes me in the obese category and that needs to change.
  • lenac03
    lenac03 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Helena (Hel - ee - nuh). :-) Though I've been called everything. I'm 28, live and work in the oil and gas industry as an engineer in East Texas. I joined this challenge because I like the idea of a long-term goal like this. I have a total of about 100.2 pounds more to get to the top of my healthy weight range (I'm down 15.3 already - woot!) at which point I'll re-evaluate. That's the long-long-term goal. For the purposes of this Challenge, I'd like to lose about 40 more pounds. I'm at 245.5 this morning. I reserve the right to re-evaluate depending on what happens in life, but I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all and the accountability that comes with a group!!
  • gymisue
    gymisue Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    So happy to be part of this Group....the next 30 weeks are going to go by anyway....it will be wonderful to have a place to discuss our journeys.
  • ryl217
    ryl217 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Cheryl. I'm just wrapping up the countdown to summer group, so I love that this group is up for the summer/fall seasons. I like having the accountability of a group, it really helps. Good luck everyone!
  • azmiz
    azmiz Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this enthusiatic and motivational group! I've been on MFP since January 2013 and have about 15 lbs more to lose to reach my ultimate goal. I'm looking forward to our next 7 months of disappearing weight!
  • emcdermott85
    emcdermott85 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Emma. Feeling Super Psyched about this challenge!! Need to lose 19 kg (41 pounds) by christmas time. :)
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'm SO glad I found this group!
    I am Kim from Michigan. I plan to get back down to my goal weight by the end of this year. I am shooting for under or around 140 which is down 28 lbs. I we can make our goals with support, accountability, and motivation! Thank you for your support! :glasses: :drinker:
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,225 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm Kathy from Georgia. Very happy I found this group today. My weight loss since I've been on MFP has been very slow and up and down. I need the motivation of a long term group and plan to be here for the long haul. I would love to be at 180lbs by the end of this challenge which would be a 36lb weight loss. Please feel free to add me for support, accountability and motivation. Let's do this!!! Good luck everyone!
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Hi there - I'm Donna, Mom of 2 boys - married - work from home part time...and working quite a bit to basically homeschool one of my kids this Summer. All of the things that go into making my life a blessed thing...also causes normal stresses...that I have to balance in order to succeed at living a balanced life...and not turn to food as my "therapy".

So - I've lost about 36 lbs since January...and I would like to lose approximately 40 more by Christmas.

I've been pretty solid the past 5 months as far as nutrition and exercise goes. Now that Summer is here...it's a new phase..and I'm going to have to work very hard to keep my new habits and learn to apply them to the usually loose Summer. I need a new norm this Summer....that's my new goal so that I don't undo all the hard work.

Looking forward to encouraging each other...thanks...this is a great challenge for me...
  • cindys0417
    cindys0417 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Hi .. My name is Cindy and I live in Bristol, WI. I have been with MFP since July 2012. I joined with my sister LucyRicky2. She has lost about 50 lbs too. I joined a Christmas Challenge in July of 2012 and by Christmas 2012 I was 50 lbs thinner. It was a 50 lbs to Christmas Challenge. Im very happy to join this one since I have gotten a little off the wagon to say..I was down to 198 and now back up to 202 and cant seem to get back down again. I need this challenge to keep on and to concentrate on keeping my weight down. I don't want to gain any of the weight after all the hard work to lose it...Good luck all and nice to meet everyone! I love challenges like this. I was just on a summer challenge and I lose 6 lbs so that was good for me but I have been sluffing off if ya know what I mean .. good luck!
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Hi
    i would like to lose 13 lbs. i was on the summer challenge and lost 13 lbs. Hopefully I can then I will be at goal. I am retired full time with a husband of 48 yrs and 2 dogs. I live in Twin Lakes, Wi. Good Luck to everyone...
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Kay :flowerforyou: been at this over a year now and motivation's a little wobbly at times, so hoping having a Christmas goal and friends with the same goal, will keep my head in the game, so to speak. So everybody add me!! :drinker: xx

ETA: Reset the tracker 2 months ago, total loss so far is 38lbs x
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Im in!! My name is Tia aka Curvimami :wink: I have been struggling these last 8 months with my weightloss. May 16th of this year Marked my 1 year Anniversay on MFP and I am down 32lbs (from 212 lbs to 180 lbs). I anticipated reaching my goal weight of 160 by the end of January this year, but here I am 4 months passed that and 20lbs from goal. Hopefuly this challenge will give me the boost I need. Good Luck everyone!!!

MFP SW:212
    CW: 180
    Challenge GW: 160
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to be at goal by Christmas as well, I am 5'11 - 23 years old and here is my progress so far

I am halfway there - 30 pounds lost - 28 to go

1013886_10201355101021876_1079311488_n_zps96560d77.jpg
  • katorihanzo
    katorihanzo Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    HI!

I'm joining late but I was looking for a group that had the same Christmas 2013 goal as me! I've lost 20 lbs so far (my ticker is wrong) and want to lose another 10 by Christmas. That is being soft on myself, I think I can actually lose between 15-20 before then but if I can get to 170lbs I'll be happy!!

Goodluck everyone, I look forward to working with you all! I won't be weighing in on Mondays since that is not my weigh day, but I'll weigh in on Fridays instead.

I'm 5'11'', 23 years old. Feel free to add me!
  • brownmara
    brownmara Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I'm Mara, I will be 43 years old tomorrow Sept.10, 2013. I have about 140 pounds to get rid of. I'm starting this challenge a little late, but better late than never! I am aiming for a 30 pounds reduction during this challenge. Look forward to getting healthier with you all. :wink: