Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    W7d2 I'm still not great at it but I will keep plugging along.
  • imafitmom
    imafitmom Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    W5D3..... done! I feel amazing. Forgive me group but I'm just so stinking proud of myself!!!! I have to laugh though; I take my dog with me and he didn't even break into a canter while I was "running". Oh my gosh..... so much fun! WOOHOO!!!!!!!
  • Wjolaughlin
    Wjolaughlin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congratulations everyone! Especially those that got to week5 day 3 and did it! I know how good it feels to get that behind you! I feel like I can do anything now! I just completed week 6 day 3 yesterday and it was hard but felt great! I've come to realize that I don't run because I like to run, I run because I love the feeling when I'm done :D

I'm still very slow, but I'm excited to finish this program and start it over running at a faster pace! Everyone says speed will come naturally, but I haven't picked up my pace at all, so I believe if I start over and push to go faster that will help me. I hope anyway! I'd love to do a 5K in under 40 minutes!
  • babybl00310
    babybl00310 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Week 5 Day 1 for me today with me friend then afterwards week 7 day 3. My intention was to do week 5 day 3 but after the 20 minutes I felt good so continued to run through the cooldown. It's very hilly where I stay so feeling proud of myself tonight.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

What a busy week so far! Had to skip my 2 mile run on Tuesday because I was just super sore from weight lifting. I am still sore, but loving the feeling of my body repairing itself. I am picking it up a notch, and shifting into half marathon training. Hoping to do the Shelby Farms Greenline Half Marathon in October. I think I can do it. May have to walk/run combo it, but what ever. Looking at my first marathon in May of next year up in Fargo, ND.

I am shifting down to make sure that I don't injure myself, which means more walk/run combos. Yay!

But anyway, got my 3rd 5K next Friday. Cant' wait. Then the running club's fun 5K/cook out, then the running expo, followed by training in July. Busy, busy, busy. On top of that, I got shifted to nights.

Well that is all for now! Keep up the good work all!

Becca
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Wednesday, I rode my mountain bike (for the first time) with a much younger more experienced rider. Over nine miles. It was a blast, but she kicked my butt!

I planned to run yesterday, but my legs said no way! So, I got up this morning and completed W7D1, a solid run of 2 1/2 miles! W6D3 pace was 12 min/mi. Today's was 11:40!

On top of that, I lost 1 1/2 lbs this week! I'm definitely past the plateau.

I think I will be able to get 2 more runs in before I have my gall bladder removed next Thursday.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad. I just took it up at 48. I don't get any push back from my spouse because he's used to me taking up new things pretty regularly. I just like having new challenges, and running is one of the biggest since I've hated it all my life. Sounds like you're doing great!
    Just did Week 5, Day 2. 11 minute mile during the jogging parts.
    W5D3 scares me a bit. Not sure I'll be able to slow down enough to do 20 minutes in a row.

Getting push back from my wife over concerns that I'll do myself more harm than good by running.
    "Who takes up running at 51 years old?"

Apparently, I do.
  • Soxgirl97
    Soxgirl97 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I thought I was doing W2D3 today but I think I accidentally repeated day 2. I'll do day 3 on Sunday instead.

I'm still feeling pretty good overall.
  • vet272
    vet272 Posts: 183
    Options
    W3D3 down and done!
  • CogitoErgoSum2
    CogitoErgoSum2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    W2D3 done and dusted yesterday! Currently doing 4mph walk - 6mph run... Tomorrow W3 D1, if it gets too much I will slow down on the run bit to 5mph...
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    W6D2 done... two 10 minute segments - that's the first time in my life I have ever run for that long! I also finally brought my pace down to under 12 minutes/mile, woo!

I don't even want to think about 20 minutes straight on Tuesday!
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Finished week 3! For this one I drove to the local bike path and did it there. It's so much easier when I don't have to worry about broken sidewalk squares and dodging things that people leave out on their sidewalks. I could just run. My dog is getting better at being a running dog too!
  • Wjolaughlin
    Wjolaughlin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Did week 7 day 2 yesterday :) Weather is taking a dive, cold and rainy. plus I'm leaving for vacation. I don't know if I'll get to run this coming week very much, I hope a week off doesn't set me back too far, I'm so close! :(. Hoping I can find some time or a location to leave the family for a bit to run!
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Just finished my run. I did another freestyle to see if I could do a better pace overall than 16 on my own, and I did it! I don't want to be swept out of the Disney 5Ks for going to slow, so that's very important. It's really hot today here in FL so I was drenched in sweat, but I was pleased with my run.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Just finished W4D3. I'm signed up for a 5K in a month and that's a really hilly route, so I did the first couple miles of that. Some of the hills are steep and it was brutal, but I finished, and my overall pace was very close to what I had done on flatter routes days 1 and 2 this week. Nervous about Week 5. I did the C25K last year so I know I can do it again, but last year I was doing that on the track at the high school and this year I'm out on the roads so it's going to be harder.
  • drink_me
    drink_me Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Just finished my first 5k!! 38:11 not too bad for being on week 7 of c25k :) can't believe I just jogged a 5k
  • Morganva
    Morganva Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Just finished W5D3. Switching to mornings has helped tremendously. Not very fast, but I am completing it.
  • imafitmom
    imafitmom Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I can't wait until I can say the same. Congrats!!!!
  • ennuifreezone
    ennuifreezone Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just finished W5D3 too! We are awesome!!! It wasn't that bad until the very end. I did the first mile at 10min, but had to slow down a bit for the second. Still being lapped by all the university kids on the track, but at least I'm moving!
  • CogitoErgoSum2
    CogitoErgoSum2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    W3 D1 done!! Quite an adventure, though... At the gym the treadmills are normally set for mph, but for some reason today they were on kmph and I didn't realize until I had finished the entire training. It was kind of strange, and I swear I though I had super powers cos it felt SO easy I was not even sweating lol

When I realized the mishap, I did again the entire training session, this time at 6km ph for the walk and 8km ph for the jog...

LOL!!! I had to laugh at myself for thinking it was *that* easy the first time round!