What makes you to OVEREAT?

Options

Replies

• losingw8now
    losingw8now Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am thinking positive today and taking a new outlook.
    Nothing MAKES me overeat - I allow myself to use excuses to overeat. That ends today.
    I will only eat when I choose what I choose.
    (I say this heading into a new week of work and internship and already behind on things around the house and bills....) gotta keep this attitude and not let myself stress eat!!!
  • angelgayla
    angelgayla Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I overeat because I love food! I adore it, its my friend, its my confidont, my secret hiding place, my happiness, my consoler, my hero..........

It is also my worst enemy!

I now realise that it doesnt love me as much as I love it and that I need to leave this bad relationship!

AMEN!
  • lucyhross
    lucyhross Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    For me, it's either stress or boredom.
    Having foods I tend to overeat on in the house is awful too. The kids aren't bad eaters, they just like granola bars, and other little treats I shouldn't be eating.
    To be quite honest, I think I have a sugar addiction too! I can down so much sugar it's crazy. I'm actually going to try Sugar Busters or Atkins to try and rid myself of those cravings.
    Ditto!!! I could not have written it better! (Except for me instead of kids it is just one grandson).

i second this boredom is deffo high up there!
  • Maria_81
    Maria_81 Posts: 152
    Options
    Stressed, Bored, Sexually Deprived...
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I overeat when I'm stressed, bored, and unhappy (like if my boyfriend and I fight). I feel I mostly overeat due to boredness though. There are times when I'll catch myself just staring into the fridge looking for something to eat, but I'm not even hungry!

I also just LOVE food. Mmmmm!

And I eat to celebrate, when I'm happy, when I'm socializing, etc etc etc. Food is just a HUGE part of my life.
  • AdrieneJ
    AdrieneJ Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    After a stressful few weeks of selling my house, I can honestly say with hand on my heart: as soon as I'm upset, I just cannot stop myself from going to the cookie cupboard and eating and eating. It's been a big, big lesson for me. I have to find another way to cope.
  • shawng101
    shawng101 Posts: 3
    Options
    I've been over eating this past week and haven't gone to the gym.
    I have really bad allergies and taking the medicine makes me have fatigue, which is why i havent been in the gym.
    I've been crazy tired lately, I normally wake up at 6 in the morning and go to the gym but lately I've been getting up at 2 in the afternoon.
    On top of that I've been eating a lot more than normal, I realized that I'm eating more because my nose is soo stuffy I can't taste so I end up eating continually trying to get the satisfaction.
    I've been switching between 2 different medicines, one takes care of my stuffy nose but gives my fatigue so I'm extra sleepy.
    The other takes care of my nose but not my eyes so they're extra itchy (i wear contacts so that doesn't help at all)
    The only good thing I can say is I've been getting up and walking a lot at night and its balancing off my extra intake of calories.
    Although I haven't lost anything this week I can say I haven't gain.
    I'm praying next week is better and I have already promised myself i WILL go to the gym tomorrow.
  • Lauren518s
    Lauren518s Posts: 12
    Options
    wow sounds just like me!
  • when I start letting the moment in time take over .. not stopping and reflecting on how unhealthy this will make me :drinker:
  • Listening to these kind of people and joining the chain reaction groups.. Anger is a chain of simultaneous body and mind reactions. It happens quickly as one of the responses to threat or perceived threat. It takes one thirtieth of a second from threat to reaction for the chain of mind and body reactions to take place!
    The response of anger can serve many different functions. Some people with low self esteem automatically substitute anger during threatening experiences due to their fears of being seen as vulnerable. They have learned that acting tough and macho makes them feel important. Often negative emotions serve to manipulate, control or intimidate others. Sometimes you even substitute an inappropriate emotion for another response out of fear. Getting angry when frightened or crying when frustrated are examples of misguided emotion. The most common kind of self-angering thoughts that increase conflict are:

• Name calling which is giving the person a negative label. "You dummy." "You are stupid."
    • Making judgments and a Beliefs of "I have the right to hurt others because I am better than them
    The final step in this chain is evaluation of one's actions Later the individual rationalizes or justifies his behavior but im so Blessed I have no had a binge in 5 days and I've:smokin: lost 7 pounds. I will never go again no matter what and I am better than ever now.. God says so and He tells me to never ever let people put me down because that' is from the evil one and I should know better thanks for having me here :heart:
  • faytherubea
    faytherubea Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am thinking positive today and taking a new outlook.
    Nothing MAKES me overeat - I allow myself to use excuses to overeat. That ends today.
    I will only eat when I choose what I choose.
    (I say this heading into a new week of work and internship and already behind on things around the house and bills....) gotta keep this attitude and not let myself stress eat!!!

I love this! I tend to overeat when I am bored & stressed - but I am going to borrow your attitude!
    I love the part about "I allow myself to use excuses to overeat" - That is exactly how I feel.
    I hope the week goes well for you & thank you for the positive thought to hold me over for the coming week, too!
  • SutapaMukherji
    SutapaMukherji Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I am a stress eater. Whenever I am feeling upset about something or am in stress about a situation, I look forward to food as solace. A habit that I am trying to curb slowly.

And periods!! God how much I eat!! And its not even that I am hungry. It is like I will eat because I can and I want too. Hate those cravings!!
  • Georgia_Bulldogs
    Options
    What makes me overeat is when I tell myself I can't have something. When there are sweets in the house and I know that their there I stand in front of the cabinet contemplating on whether I should indulge eat the whole box of cookies or walk away!! I usually go with my first choice but once I get the box down I ask myself "is this going to set me back in my weight loss?"Yes is the answer to that question so I get two cookies eat them slowly and don't go back for more.Now there has been times when it was mind over matter "if I don't mind than it doesn't matter." Yesterday my family and I grilled out and I overate on lunch I had 1 and a 1/2 hamburger.I went back for another one ripped it in half ate the one half and gave the other half to my dog. I didn't feel so guilty then but at the same time I felt sick because I knew I shouldn't have went back for seconds,but the food was so good that I couldn't resist going back for that second grilled hamburger!! If i'm worried or anxious or nervous about something than I overeat on everything.
  • Georgia_Bulldogs
    Options
    I love what you wrote HarmonyStrainb!!and I agree with you a 100%!We are what we think!If we think negative constantly than thats the results we will get,but if we sing a new song take on a I can do this attitude than positive things will be our results.All negative thoughts are from them enemy.The bible says that God wonderfully and fearfully made us!and the bible also says that God created us in his own image,and that his love for us in unconditional.We are all beautiful!
  • charlottelt1995
    Options
    Stress, being upset and being happy/carefree.
    Right now I'm revising for 4 exams and I just want to eat everything in the house and then the house. Also when I'm down I get like that.
    Happy and carefree is when I'm with family, friends or my boyfriend and just want to have a nice time not thinking about calories, just enjoying the moment. The moments usually involve pizza. :l
  • jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I zeroed in on the statement that if you can't overcome your emotional overeating, you'll never be permanently slim. Well said, and something I've suspected for a long time. I overeat because it's there. It's almost a physical compulsion, like a magnet. What could help - books?
  • Ladybud2
    Ladybud2 Posts: 26
    Options
    What makes me over eat is:

anger, upset

when I'm bored

when I drink alcohol

I'm a big emotional eater.
  • bbl2013t
    bbl2013t Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I stuff myself when i'm drunk, bored, after sex, high on 420, stressed, emotional, around junk food, my boyfriend
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I overeat for a variety of reasons. It can be as simple as boredom.

When I truly binge it is typically due to stress or feeling sad.
  • chelley_79
    chelley_79 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Feels like everything makes me overeat... and I know while I am overeating that I am overeating and I still don't stop... then feel horrible which makes me want to eat more... I eat when I am bored and sad and stressed... some out of habit... I LOVE food... to cook it...to eat it...to look at it... obviously why I look this way. And yes... I get seriously bitter when there are people who can't gain an ounce and they outeat me... can't help it... being honest. And my willpower blows.... trying to work on that. Just want to get my brain and my compulsiveness under control... would be nice. Wow... sorry about the rambling.. LOL