Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What makes you to OVEREAT?

wifeyywifeyy Posts: 578Member Member Posts: 578Member Member
I tend to overeat when i am stressed!
Or when i cook something i really enjoy eating as well for my family
it is so hard to eat just a bit of it.:noway:

I also overeat the day after my weigh in and once i do that it is always soooo hard to get back on track the next day!

What makes you overeat?

Replies

• MamaDee2MamaDee2 Posts: 917Member Member Posts: 917Member Member
    For me, it's either stress or boredom.
    Having foods I tend to overeat on in the house is awful too. The kids aren't bad eaters, they just like granola bars, and other little treats I shouldn't be eating.
    To be quite honest, I think I have a sugar addiction too! I can down so much sugar it's crazy. I'm actually going to try Sugar Busters or Atkins to try and rid myself of those cravings.
    Ditto!!! I could not have written it better! (Except for me instead of kids it is just one grandson).
  • cheyenneandcosmocheyenneandcosmo Posts: 25Member Member Posts: 25Member Member
    I overeat when......
    Im sad
    Im angry
    Im happy
    Im lonely
    Im bored
    Im stressed
    Im at a party
    Im at a family get together
    I want to make myself feel better
    Ive accomplished something, overeating is like a "treat"

So yeah....I think thats pretty much it!

I couldn't havve said it better. Any reason really. I need to create a new habit when I feel that trigger - make a cup of tea, anything else but eating!

Yeah...I overeat for literally ANYTHING!!! Im trying to stop...but its so hard...especially after doing it for so many years!
  • thor1god1of1awesomethor1god1of1awesome Posts: 482Member Member Posts: 482Member Member
    Mostly anixety drives me to overeat
  • Goal_Seeker_1988Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,625Member Member Posts: 1,625Member Member
    Mostly stress and when I am bored!
  • rossannapcrossannapc Posts: 21Member Member Posts: 21Member Member
    I overeat when......
    Im sad
    Im angry
    Im happy
    Im lonely
    Im bored
    Im stressed
    Im at a party

[/quote

- think we are twins! I do eat for everything but the thing that make me eat more is when im pretty mad!
  • mary34reillymary34reilly Posts: 64Member Member Posts: 64Member Member
    All emotions can trigger some sort of food dependant behaviour for me. Besides just being bored sometimes, I think the number one emotion that I feel when I turn to food would be anger. I'm not sure why, but having that bigger piece of cake feels that much better when I'm really angry at something or someone. Maybe it's because I hate confrontation, so I usually don't talk wbout the issue and so food is a comfort, I'm not sure. All I know is that Sugar can sure be addicting, and sometimes, when my emotions are not in check, my willpower doesn't stand a chance.
  • mariliakmariliak Posts: 41Member Member Posts: 41Member Member
    I must be an overeater as well . But lately after lots of trying I have mae it go away mainly by writing down every single thing I put in my mouth . The only time I cant stop overeating is when I am with my family or with friends . I just HAVEto try everything and eat the most possible . Sometimes I even eat my friends leftovers in a restaurant . I guess I will minimize that too , I used to eat when I am happy ,sad ,anxious and whenever I experienced any kind of feeling . Now I overeat only in reasturants and family dinners ( and I dont even live with my family anymore) so I guess its not that big a deal . Hehe . I am proud I can resist to that emotional chocolate when I am sad , now
  • wyndesnowwyndesnow Posts: 32Member Member Posts: 32Member Member
    This is ME! Completely and totally ME! Wendy
    I overeat when......
    Im sad
    Im angry
    Im happy
    Im lonely
    Im bored
    Im stressed
    Im at a party