What makes you to OVEREAT?

wifeyy
wifeyy Posts: 481 Member
I tend to overeat when i am stressed!
Or when i cook something i really enjoy eating as well for my family
it is so hard to eat just a bit of it.:noway:

I also overeat the day after my weigh in and once i do that it is always soooo hard to get back on track the next day!

What makes you overeat?

Replies

• Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Mostly stress and when I am bored!
  • mariliak
    mariliak Posts: 36 Member
    I must be an overeater as well . But lately after lots of trying I have mae it go away mainly by writing down every single thing I put in my mouth . The only time I cant stop overeating is when I am with my family or with friends . I just HAVEto try everything and eat the most possible . Sometimes I even eat my friends leftovers in a restaurant . I guess I will minimize that too , I used to eat when I am happy ,sad ,anxious and whenever I experienced any kind of feeling . Now I overeat only in reasturants and family dinners ( and I dont even live with my family anymore) so I guess its not that big a deal . Hehe . I am proud I can resist to that emotional chocolate when I am sad , now
  • libland
    libland Posts: 284 Member
    Work stress/frustration is the number one culprit for me.
  • wendyannvantiem
    wendyannvantiem Posts: 188 Member
    If a food tastes really good
    Parties with food
    Time of the month
    Holidays

That's about it.
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 409 Member
    I totally agree with you! I've been there too!
  • moremari
    moremari Posts: 118 Member
    I eat too much when I'm upset. It could be my mom pushing my buttons or my husband doing basically the same thing in his own way. I can go foraging for junk food if I feel like I've been a jerk to my kids too. Recently, I just restarted MFP after going off of any diet plan and I gained 10lbs. In about 8 weeks. I' m pretty peeved at myself. But I wasn't losing an ounce before and I was working on it for 4 months. So I decided my rebellion only hurt me when I was already hurting. My goal is to lose weight and be fit but losing is really hard. I'm not eating that same junk anymore but still I'm not losing. Strange. One would think I'd lose after dropping all the junk food but my body is not cooperating. Sometimes I think it's my relaxed weekends that are ruining it for me. Other times I'll eat the kids left overs- just because it's there. But now that I'm back I'm more careful and logging in my meals etc. but still I'm holding on to those 10lbs since I started up again on nov. 1. (pause for Kleenex) but I'm not going to let that happen again. So back to business.

Good luck to all my fellow over eaters.
  • moremari
    moremari Posts: 118 Member
    I seem to always be in the kitchen. With 3 little ones and one only slightly bigger one there are always lots of leftovers, once I start picking I can't stop, next its a bowl of cereal or a yogurt, maybe some of the kids cookies or chocolate. I do think its boredom and a bit that I didn't plan to be a stay at home mum with triplets +1 and I've lost my identity. I eat because then I'm too busy to be unhappy and I should be very happy, I'm a very lucky Mum and wife and my life is good. Its just that I don't always think I deserve it and I self destruct by stuffing myself.

Funny, how we sabotage ourselves. I do the same thing.
  • unholyvixen
    unholyvixen Posts: 2 Member
    I overeat when i'm bored and sad and don't eat when i'm stressed or mad.
  • ellabellaperia
    ellabellaperia Posts: 5 Member
    Work makes me over eat - I could graze all day. I have to really focus bt at least I try and make it healthy stuff to over eat now like apples and pears. I find it hard to say no if my husband is having something naughty but he is a lot more supportive now that he has joined My FitnessPal. Also if I am depressed I overeat but I dont get down as a whole.