What makes you to OVEREAT?

Replies

• curlac
    curlac Posts: 20
    I overeat when I feel any emotion. I often wonder what the heck is wrong with me that I cant stop and say hey lady you are not hungry step away from the ice cream.
  • Mostly anixety drives me to overeat

me too or being stressed ..omg those are the worst and also if im tired ...
  • Birdmyrna
    Birdmyrna Posts: 21 Member
    Wow...you hit all the spots that are about me too ! I'm trying really hard to stay away from too many carbs and I'm a sugar junkie so that has been difficult for me...:grumble:
  • Birdmyrna
    I know where you are coming from ! I can't just eat one of ANYTHING that's not good for me... I like to eat small items...m & m's, gummy bears, jelly beans. Ha! I guess I think if I just have a small bowl of them and then go back fo just one more little bowl I'm not eating the whole thing..well that sure doesn't work...:sad:
  • Birdmyrna
    Been there and done that! It does suck for sure....
  • Birdmyrna
    I tend to overeat when i am stressed!
    Or when i cook something i really enjoy eating as well for my family
    it is so hard to eat just a bit of it.:noway:

I also overeat the day after my weigh in and once i do that it is always soooo hard to get back on track the next day!

What makes you overeat?

All that and a bag of chips !!
  • Just about anything makes me overeat, being bored, feeling lonely, getting stressed out, feeling depressed. This is the hardest dilemma with weight loss. What do you do to work on this?
  • pace4me
    pace4me Posts: 17 Member
    When I am bored...I eat....when I should get up and do something that I am procrastinating on like the cleaning of the kitchen counters or declutter my kids rooms.
    When I am lonely.....I eat....when I should have a conversation with God who is always with me or call a friend or family member or get online to myfitness pal community which is currently what I am doing.
    When I am happy... I eat....when I should be enjoying the positive emotions and thoughts and maybe journal them so I can go back and read them on tough times.
    When I am sad...I eat....when I should allow myself to feel and cry which is hard due to growing up in an alcoholic, emotionally numb family where no emotions were expressed.
    When I am anxious....I eat....when I should realize that I can not control things only my heavenly Father can and need to hand whatever is troubling me over to Him and take comfort in just doing my best.
    When I am mad....I eat....when I should just express my anger verbally to that person (usually family member) which is extremely difficult for a people pleaser which stems from my childhood coping mechanisms.
    I am human and these emotions will always be... so it is time to stop beating myself up and shaming myself and start allowing myself to feel and process these emotions instead of stuffing them down with food, hoping they will go away. In the end I hope to be free from the bondage of food and have a better relationship with myself and my heavenly Father. Wow had to get that out!!!!
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    I eat for every reason in the book. So tired of it.
  • deniseselah
    deniseselah Posts: 225 Member
    I overeat when......
    Im sad
    Im angry
    Im happy
    Im lonely
    Im bored
    Im stressed
    Im at a party
    Im at a family get together
    I want to make myself feel better
    Ive accomplished something, overeating is like a "treat"

So yeah....I think thats pretty much it!

that's pretty much me. I eat for every reason and for no reason. hunger is involved every now and then, but usually the impulse to overeat starts in my MIND.
  • I overeat because I simply love the taste of food. I was considering weight loss surgery and the doctor told me that it wouldn't help me because I don't understand portion control and I just love food. It was hard to hear, but I understood. I'm an emotional eater big time. When I'm depressed and stressed especially, so that's a lot of the time. Plus, I try to stick to a strict schedule and no one in the house seems to do so. For example, I want to eat salads and lean meats, but burgers and fries seem to be on the menu. I'm out voted. LOL.
  • I overeat when I'm feeling something uncomfortable. Or when I am not sure what I'm feeling and something inside of me thinks that food will help. I've stopped myself before when I'm about to binge, realizing that I'm tired, not hungry.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    as soon as one "Bad" thing goes in, more and more follow. sometimes there is not even any particular reason. i know it has to be emotional but i have a hard time identifying which emotion it is.
  • I overeat when stressed or when I feel like I deserve a reward. As a mom, there are just times when the rewards are far off due to the daily responsibilities. Sometimes the food is just a comfort in tough times.
  • I overeat when I feel sad, as this week (my granma died on Monday).
    I overeat when I'm trying to find a good idea for lessons, going around the house, the internet, magazines, grammar books.
    I overeat when I'm loosing weight because I hate myself and I'm my worst enemy.
    I overeat when I'm with my friends and relatives, as they think I'm always overeating and they start to be worried if I don't eat too much.

I overeat mainly to try to be satisfied and happy, so I think I'm an emotional eater. At least I think so.
  • lindasain
    lindasain Posts: 163 Member
    Oh I am so sorry to hear your granma dying..
  • lindasain
    lindasain Posts: 163 Member
    i eat mostly when i feel mad or angry and just want to do something so i eat.. not so much when i am happy anymore.. bored big time eater. Linda from Ks:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • PositivelyFlawed
    PositivelyFlawed Posts: 316 Member
    A fight with my hubby always makes me want to run for the fattiest thing in the house. I combat this one by not having anything fat or hugely unhealthy in the house. If i do cave to my emotions, the fattiest thing i'll find is some light cheddar cheese. Hardly exciting lol.

I also tend to want to grab a greasy/unhealthy lunch if I am having a rough day at work - either really busy or stressful. This makes no sense afterwards because I feel better while eating it, but terrible afterwards because its unhealthy an because I know i caved.

I also used to feel food was for celebrations. Something good happens - go out to eat and have a 3/4 burger with bacon cheese and all the fixins and a huge a side of fries with gravy and cheese and prob and appetizer with the hubby. This is probably the hardest one for me to break to be honest. Our culture is very much about using food as a reward/celebration.
  • when im sad, angry, lonely , bored ,stressed
  • hypersensitiveb
    hypersensitiveb Posts: 342 Member
    Family dinners. Valentines day , my birthday back to back killed my diet.