Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Fab30s
    Fab30s Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the program without the app, just the program printout. I got to W5D2 but I have slacked off now, a little sared about the 20 min run. I need music in order to run. What's the app like? Does it play music? I don't have a smart phone to put the app.
  • destructor2013
    Options
    Heck ya! I just finished the full 30 minutes of W1 for the first time. I am repeating W1 because I couldn't get through it the first week, but Monday I did 15 minutes again because I didn't think I could do it yet and then today I got to 15 minutes and was getting a little tired but I just kept going and it was like I caught a second wind because it seemed like the second half was easier. I can already feel myself having more energy and it's easier to bend over to grab things I drop now and what not.
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Heck ya! I just finished the full 30 minutes of W1 for the first time. I am repeating W1 because I couldn't get through it the first week, but Monday I did 15 minutes again because I didn't think I could do it yet and then today I got to 15 minutes and was getting a little tired but I just kept going and it was like I caught a second wind because it seemed like the second half was easier. I can already feel myself having more energy and it's easier to bend over to grab things I drop now and what not.

Good on you for going back and doing W1 again. I'm repeating W2 as I couldn't run for a week and didn't feel right about starting W3 after having over a week off in-between; especially as I'm not too hot on the stamina thing so need all the help I can get to achieve this!

I find the same thing with the second wind - the first couple of runs I struggle with towards the last 20secs or so but then from then on it seems easier. I fly the last one as I know I don't have to run anymore that day lol
  • destructor2013
    Options

Good on you for going back and doing W1 again. I'm repeating W2 as I couldn't run for a week and didn't feel right about starting W3 after having over a week off in-between; especially as I'm not too hot on the stamina thing so need all the help I can get to achieve this!

I find the same thing with the second wind - the first couple of runs I struggle with towards the last 20secs or so but then from then on it seems easier. I fly the last one as I know I don't have to run anymore that day lol

Thanks. :) Yeah I don't blame you for repeating. That's the smart way to do it I think. If you don't feel your ready you shouldn't force it just to force it. When you're ready you'll know it. Today I didn't even realize it was the last run. It said walk and I was like okay cool, water break. Then it said cool down and I was like huh? That's it? And it timed out perfectly to where I was just feet from my door when the timer was up.
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just started C25K yesterday. I used to be an avid runner but over the years I let myself fall apart. I thought this would be a great fun way to get myself back in the game.

I will admit when she told me to jog about the 3rd or 4th time I literally heard myself say "you b***h" out loud LOL :embarassed: BUT I did W1D1 and I didn't die and I felt great and I absolutely love it!
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Well yesterday was W5D1 for me, and it was horriffic from start to finish!

I was too hot and sweaty the whole time, my heart rate was through the roof no matter how slow I ran (and trust me, it got SLOOOOOW). I couldnt' complete all the running sections, and I just shut the whole thing off with a minute to go because I was so disheartened :(

Tomorrow I shall try again - this time at 6am when I'm not going to be so hot!!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Week 2, day 2
  • amberpic
    amberpic Posts: 20
    Options
    Just finished W1D2. I think I'm bucking the trend to say this, but it felt easier today than D1. My six-year-old came with me again and we went a little bit farther than Monday.

The years and years of running every day are slowly coming back. My stride was smoother which helped pacing and it just felt good.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Just finished W1D2. I think I'm bucking the trend to say this, but it felt easier today than D1. My six-year-old came with me again and we went a little bit farther than Monday.

The years and years of running every day are slowly coming back. My stride was smoother which helped pacing and it just felt good.

I don't know, I think that makes sense and it's been true for me. I think the first day of the week is the hardest, and then as the week goes on and you do the same exact run, it gets easier. And then you bump it up the next week (well, except for a few weeks in the middle that intensify midway).
  • Cazzyxo
    Cazzyxo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I did W1D3 today. I did day two yesterday & didnt struggle a great deal but today was awful. It was reaaallly hot though and maybe i should of had a rest day? Scared to start week 2!
  • destructor2013
    Options
    I did W1D3 today. I did day two yesterday & didnt struggle a great deal but today was awful. It was reaaallly hot though and maybe i should of had a rest day? Scared to start week 2!

Are you using an app on your phone or a print out? The app I use is from Active.com and it tells you take a day off in between. That's how you're "supposed" to do it I think?

Also if you find yourself overheating, try going early in the morning or later in the evening when it won't be as hot outside. I usually do mine around 6am. Make sure to take some water with you if you're not already doing so.
  • Cazzyxo
    Options
    Im using runkeeper app. I did it two days in a row because i was supposed to be doin night shifts the next two nights. Defo not gonna do two in a row again. Beed to do something inbetween tho when not working just a case of what....xx
  • Cadori
    Options

I could never get past week 1. I have started and quit this program so many times because I have always had a really hard time with week 1 (high elevation...hilly neighborhood). This time I had to do week 1 twice, but it's working and this week I started week 2 and agree with you that day 2 was easier than day 1. I hope day 3 is even better and I can finally feel like I'm progressing!

I'm also doing bodyweight exercises on the off days which I think is making a huge difference.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I'm going crazy waiting for a break in the weather. Yesterday was my usual C25K day, but the rain kept me in so I did a Leslie Sansone 3 Fast Miles DVD and modified it a bit to kick things up. Now I'm sitting around waiting for a clear spot in another sporadic rain day. Arghhhh! I'm dying to get out on my run. I really missed it yesterday (never thought I'd say that about running).
  • Trixxie90
    Trixxie90 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I did W1D2 on Monday and my knees are still sore. I feel like I'm going to need to repeat week 1 before I move to week 2. My lungs are slowly getting used to the work but it's been pretty cool here the last few weeks so they burn when I run. W1D3 tonight...we'll see how I do..
  • destructor2013
    Options
    Im using runkeeper app. I did it two days in a row because i was supposed to be doin night shifts the next two nights. Defo not gonna do two in a row again. Beed to do something inbetween tho when not working just a case of what....xx

Hmm I couldn't get Runkeeper to work correctly on my phone, kept having issues with the GPS. I'm going to try it again on Friday though. I've read that some people like to do strength training on off days. Maybe do some weight-lifting or something like that? Me personally I take that day to rest/relax.
  • amberpic
    amberpic Posts: 20
    Options

I could never get past week 1. I have started and quit this program so many times because I have always had a really hard time with week 1 (high elevation...hilly neighborhood). This time I had to do week 1 twice, but it's working and this week I started week 2 and agree with you that day 2 was easier than day 1. I hope day 3 is even better and I can finally feel like I'm progressing!

I'm also doing bodyweight exercises on the off days which I think is making a huge difference.

I also live at altitude with hills. But I *was* a runner, so it feels natural getting back into it. I'm also going to be repeating weeks and taking it slow.

Keep at it...it'll come!
  • Cazzyxo
    Options
    Im mega impressed by runkeeper it tracks my whole run with gps even when im cutting across fields or going diwn cycle paths :)

I have an S3 so android xoz
  • Cadori
    Options

I also live at altitude with hills. But I *was* a runner, so it feels natural getting back into it. I'm also going to be repeating weeks and taking it slow.

Keep at it...it'll come!

It's awesome having someone at a similar point in the program with similar conditions. We can do it! :)
  • CogitoErgoSum2
    CogitoErgoSum2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did W3 D2 and enjoyed it!! Yay!! Today and tomorrow rest, Friday next training...