Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I repeated W4D1 today, since it's the same as day 2. Couldn't believe how well the first five minute jog went. I actually felt like I could have kept going. Then the voice commands went silent for unknown reasons and goofed me up. I ran longer than I should have on the shorter jog, and when I got things sorted out, I couldn't quite make the last 5 minute jog without a few walking intervals. I did quite a bit of running after the session ended and got my best time ever for 5K (I usually do the whole distance, even though I generally go a lot slower after the session is over). I'm really, really happy with that, since I was afraid that 3 days off might hurt me.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Week3 day 3 done! The weather threw me off a bit but we found a few minutes of no rain ...
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I'm on a rest day too, but just found this thread. I'm starting Week 4 tomorrow. This is my second time doing C25K - successfully finished it last summer. Last year my goal was just to finish, and this year I'm trying to get at least a little bit faster. I do all my running outside. I'm doing a 5K near my house on July 4 and it's very hilly, so once a week I try to get out and tackle some of those hills so they don't kill me on race day.
  • charlenequinn94
    Options
    Hi everyone, I did week 3 day 1 today. I had a bit of a struggle with the first little hill on my first three minute jog. But, other than that the rest of the jog/walk went pretty smoothly. Looking forward to day two.
  • vet272
    vet272 Posts: 183
    Options
    Just finished w2d3. Panicking a bit about w3d1 even though I haven't struggled so far. Seems a big leap
  • sunshinestater
    Options
    I always dread the leaps and then discover that it's more mental than physical. The worry rarely pans out to reality. We're all capable of so much more than we might think.
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    W6d3 done! It was tough. My head probably gave out sooner than my body. Was lightheaded and a little off. Had to pause a few times but not for too long. Even with the breaks, it was better and farther than before so I will still call that a victory.
  • sleafers
    sleafers Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I was a little worried, today, because I did Week 7 Day 1, and Week 6 Day 3 was killer for me for whatever reason. But I did the 20 min run without stopping! And I'm so proud of myself.

Admittedly, I've realized that my 'run' is so slow that industrious walkers can sometimes pass me, but I figure that once I get the endurance down, and complete the program, I'll keep running and work on my speed.

I love this program!
  • bettepower
    bettepower Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I always dread the leaps and then discover that it's more mental than physical. The worry rarely pans out to reality. We're all capable of so much more than we might think.
    So true, I have been so scared of w5d3 I have done it twice for practice before I am even on that day. The real deal is tomorrow and I am still scared.
  • Soxgirl97
    Soxgirl97 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I did W2 D1 yesterday so I'm still very new to this. I never thought I'd be a runner and it will take a long time before I'll be able to say I'm a runner. But I'm giving it a go!

This morning I registered for my first 5K. It's in September so I'm giving myself plenty of time to get ready. It supports a cause very near and dear to me and I'm so proud to have made it my first one.
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    W2 D2 finished!! I switched gears and went to a park with a trail with more hills then my usual park trail I do. It caused my time to increase and my distance to decrease more than yesterday but I think it helped make it an awesome work out and build my endurance. Enjoyed it a lot.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I did W4D1 this morning. I struggled a bit with Week 3, but today went great - set a new best pace & distance. I was awfully tired the second 5 minute jogging interval but I tried my best to stay at a consistent speed. This is my 2nd time doing C25K and I found mentally it helps me to pick a spot where I think I'm going to finish each jogging interval (end of the road, a particular cross-street, a certain mailbox, etc.) so I'm focused on getting to that spot instead of wondering how much time is left.
  • FestivalDiva
    FestivalDiva Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Well, my run yesterday was awesome (even tho I am still indoors on treadmill) it was the best yet! I graduated May 10th and been running every other day since for 30mins, trying to build stamina before moving on to bridge to 10k.

I'm feeling very excited as I've just signed up for my first ever 5k race, which is in 4 weeks time! Wow ..who would have ever thought it. In February this year I hadn't even ever heard of the c25k and now I'm entering a race? Can't quite believe it! I feel so proud of my achievements, even tho they are very humble.

Good luck fellow joggers,you are doing great, it's really worth it, push on through and enjoy :drinker:
  • vet272
    vet272 Posts: 183
    Options
    W3D1 down and done!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    W6D3 today- 2.25 miles without stopping at a pace of 12 min/mi!

I think I can do the 2.5 miles during week 7! (Which I thought was impossible when I started!)
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Week 4 Day 1 today! My 7 year old is still plugging along beside me. I'm so proud of him :bigsmile:
  • sunshinestater
    Options
    Technically w4d2 but I couldn't make the first 5 min run so I decided to modify. Just did my own thing with interspersed runs and walks like I did last time when the voice cues went silent. The run ended up surprisingly good. I'm soooo close to 16 mins which is the minimum to not get swept in the Disney runs. Hit my best speed today, too. It just annoys me that I can do a really good session with short walk/run bursts but not do the same thing with longer walk/run intervals. After all, it equals out to the same thing.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    C25k Week 5, Day 1. 10:44 min mile.

Dropped my pace way down for the first 5 minute jog because I was afraid of starting with that long a stretch.
    By the last jog, I moved the pace way up because I still felt good. My overall pace was therefore about right.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    Finished W2D3 outdoors with so much less shin pain than what I've had with all other days. I'm really happy about that, it's been more of a challenge than the actual cardio part.
  • smaihlee
    smaihlee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I completed W4D2 this morning. I was able to finish all the runs with the exception of the 2nd 5-minute run. I stopped about halfway through, for about 30 seconds. My husband was running ahead of me and he stumbled for a second, which completely threw off my concentration. I was able to get back on track and finish the leg. After a couple minutes of cool down, I decided to try a fast-paced run just to "make up" the time and did 40 seconds of that.

I felt really, really good today about the workout. I am itching to finish W4 100%, and if I can't do that by next run then I will keep doing the W4 routine until I can.