6/3-6/9

Options

Replies

• teamryan90
    teamryan90 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    What is everyone logginging their calorie burn for insanity workouts as? Is it high impact areobics or circuit training? ans is the Calorie burn accurate on here for this?

I use a heart rate monitor for my workouts. I create my own exercise here and name whatever Insanity workout I am doing that day. It will save it for you too under My Excercises so you can compare it to the next time you do the same workout.

I am not sure how accurate the calories burned on here are. Everyone burns calories at a different rate. Your current weight and height and how much effort you put into the workout will vary person to person on how many calories you burn.
  • 1chubbychicken1
    1chubbychicken1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone :D I just finished day 3!!! and it feels so good!!! im new to this thread but i've been logging my progress on this thread --> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/999924-starting-insanity-on-monday-june-3rd

I'm sore but i try to keep moving all day to reduce some of the stiffness, mornings are the worst :D so far i've walked in the morning to warm up, stretched, did my workout, stretched some more, cleaned the whole house top to bottom, im currently catching up on laundry and organization lol and will be going out to enjoy the rest of the day and evening when im finished inside. I'm loving all of this extra energy and Im hoping that all of the extra moving and stretching will help with the sore muscles :)

this is a crazy intense workout but i love it :D lol

good luck to everyone and good progress, i love the feeling of getting better, faster and stronger every day!
  • zeusbella
    zeusbella Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Never thought I could have this much energy! Sitting at my desk is making me crazy!
  • 1chubbychicken1
    Options
    Never thought I could have this much energy! Sitting at my desk is making me crazy!

I know what you mean!! I can't stay still :D
  • amandabcdefg
    amandabcdefg Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    im grateful to have found this group because i think it truly is helping me stay on board.. today, if i hadnt been reading everyones updates and responses.. i may have skipped. but im dressed and tying my sneakers and about to do day 3 (cardio recovery... not that its MUCH of a recovery lol) i dont feel energized lately, maybe need to start eating more or something. im gonna try to pump myself up a bit and go truly EARN my shower and meal #1/2 :D
  • CarolinaGrace77
    Options
    I burned 1600 calories walking a theme park. I doubt I'll get in any other weight lifting or cardio for the day. I'll think about stretching and yoga...
  • CarolinaGrace77
    Options
    15-20 grams of protein no more than 30 minutes AFTER your work out.
    Hot bath with salt
    mint lotion
    splurge for a massage
    But actually the best remedy for me is walking plain walking right before my next work out. It helped stretch & warm up the muscles. Walking is the last thing I want to do when my legs hurt, but after about 5-10 minutes they have always felt better. It would get me through my work out...but the ache always came back. However, in two weeks of consistent work outs, the ache was greatly reduced.
    Drink lots of water.
  • teamryan90
    Options
    im grateful to have found this group because i think it truly is helping me stay on board.. today, if i hadnt been reading everyones updates and responses.. i may have skipped. but im dressed and tying my sneakers and about to do day 3 (cardio recovery... not that its MUCH of a recovery lol) i dont feel energized lately, maybe need to start eating more or something. im gonna try to pump myself up a bit and go truly EARN my shower and meal #1/2 :D

That is great to hear Amanda. You can do this. Eating enough calories is critical to losing weight. Your body needs the calories to build muscle. Muscle helps burn the fat. Try upping your calories and see how you feel. Make sure you are getting enough protein too. You got this Amanda. If I can do it you can too. You will feel great after the workout.
  • teamryan90
    Options
    6/5
    Day 3 P90X Cardio Power and Resistance
    Another workout full of sweat. Today's workout seemed at bit easier on me. I burned 611 calories in 40 minutes. It was not easy but I kept up most of the workout. I am loving Insanity so far. The time goes by so fast and you burn so many calories. Keep up the great work everyone. If anyone has any questions at all let me know. I will be more than happy to help you. Time to go drink my orange smoothie recovery drink.
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Did day 3 Cardio Power and Resistance. Easier than Day 2 and did okay keeping up until end. I was doing about 25%-50% of the reps at the end. Mind was willing but the quads were not on those globe jumps. Went at my own pace and those 8 rapid push ups and prone sprints (not the right name) were tough did about 1/2 pace on those too but felt great getting through it. Thanks for posting your calories burned, teamryan, captain, sir.

Very bummed I will miss my workout tomorrow evening but I have a client meeting at 5:30 and a networking dinner at 7. I may ajust skip the regularly scheduled rest day since I think I have to miss Monday too.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Did Day 2 Polymetric Cardio Circuit this morning. Kept up all right until about 2/3 in. The basketball drills were rough, and my quads were not having it. I was able to get back on track for the boxing training at the end, though. HRM gave me 800 calories in 45 minutes (including the walk to and from the gym). Feeling sore tonight, but I'm looking forward to tomorrow.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Did day 3 Cardio Power and Resistance today. It was a LITTLE bit easier than yesterday even though I was not able to eat today due to having a colonoscopy procedure at 6 a.m. tomorrow! I had to drink 2 bottles of maganese citrate & after doing my workout I have been running to the bathroom about every ten minutes! At least I did not have to stop my workout!:laugh:
    I am abit worried as to what the procedure will show cuz the Dr that ordered this seems to think I have a rectal hernia & I will need surgery which will knock me off my busy feet for some time!:grumble: I totally can see where I got into this mess. I have worked like a man on our 5000+ acre farm, my heavy lifting as a kitchen manager in our school cafeteria PLUS all the fitness/sports I have done in my life. It truly SUCKS to age but I love being in better shape than others my age!
    I will TRY to push play tomorrow evening after the anesthesia wears off
  • teamryan90
    Options
    Did day 3 Cardio Power and Resistance today. It was a LITTLE bit easier than yesterday even though I was not able to eat today due to having a colonoscopy procedure at 6 a.m. tomorrow! I had to drink 2 bottles of maganese citrate & after doing my workout I have been running to the bathroom about every ten minutes! At least I did not have to stop my workout!:laugh:
    I am abit worried as to what the procedure will show cuz the Dr that ordered this seems to think I have a rectal hernia & I will need surgery which will knock me off my busy feet for some time!:grumble: I totally can see where I got into this mess. I have worked like a man on our 5000+ acre farm, my heavy lifting as a kitchen manager in our school cafeteria PLUS all the fitness/sports I have done in my life. It truly SUCKS to age but I love being in better shape than others my age!
    I will TRY to push play tomorrow evening after the anesthesia wears off

You are doing great and full of motivation. I am happy you are part of our group. I hope everything goes okay for you. It is awesome that you are in better shape than others your age. You are a hard worker and what we call a trooper. Hang in there and I hope everything goes well and you are up and back on your feet in no time.
  • alexsandstrom1982
    Options
    6/5
    Power 90

Amazing Amazing Amazing is what I have to say. The motivation here is outstanding. I have been reading the posts here daily and its great. You all are doing fantastic. I am doing fantastic myself. It has been a great 2 weeks of Power 90.

You all want me to push play for a second workout. Some of you are going through some challenges that are difficult in life and you still push play. That is motivation there. Awesome job. Some are planning and changing their rest day with a workout day so they can fit it in their busy schedule. Some did not want to push play but still did. Great job to all.

I am pumped and ready to go at it tomorrow full throttle. I did not weight myself today but I know I lost more weight again. My jeans are getting loose. I am down 13 pounds so far and loving it.

Keep it up and keep bringing it. We can take it and we will do this. Lets stay healthy and stay fit.:smile:
  • zeusbella
    zeusbella Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Day 4 down! Cardio Recovery.

Can switch around the days? I would prefer to do the cardio recovery on Wednesday, or make my rest day Wednesday, instead of Sunday. Any suggestions?
  • 1chubbychicken1
    Options
    Day 4 woohoo ! looking forward to Cardio Recovery i hope i get lots of good stretching in this morning :) my legs are feeling better all the time. I had a nice hour long walk this morning and did some hills so my legs are warmed up and ready to go :) I hope everyone is feeling good too :D xx
  • 1chubbychicken1
    Options
    just quick update, Cardio Recovery done and what a nice treat that was!! it felt so good!! (except the floor jumping bit. those brought back some bad memories from yesterday ;)

Edit: Since i started this 4 days ago i've put on 2-3lbs, however i had to increase my calorie intake to keep up with the workouts so i was expecting those pounds (actually i was expecting more. I have one of those magical bodies that can retain up to 15lbs in water with the slightest change in diet hahaha) But my stomach is getting flatter and my workouts are getting stronger so i'm really happy with this so far :)
  • CCajina
    CCajina Posts: 11
    Options
    Cardio Recovery today.
    Ah... I love these days.
    New favorite day is Thursday. haha,

Have fun with this one everyone. : )
  • 1chubbychicken1
    Options
    This is kinda off topic.. im new so please don't yell at me if there is a separate thread for this but im just wondering if anyone takes any supplements while doing Insanity or any other program.

I take a Multi, a total B complex, a Zinc/Vit C mixture and later a Calcium/Magnesium/D3 everyday anyways but i've recently started taking a Raspberry Ketone Mix and some CLA. I dont know if either of the latter two actually do anything for weightloss or not but I love the way the raspberry ketones make me feel (they're mixed with green tea and some other stuff) so i take them religiously every day however the CLA i have no idea if it's effective or just a waste of money?

Any thoughts on this (again i'm not recommending them because i dont actually know of any benefit except the ketones give me energy and make my breath smell like raspberry :)
  • amandabcdefg
    amandabcdefg Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    i've got pure cardio today and i am REALLY struggling to find the motivation to do it. im dressed, hair up, shoes on, ready... but i feel so low energy! had lots more carbs yesterday than usual (sweet potato and brown rice) thinking it might up my energy levels to not skimp on my carbs, but not feeling a lot of energy today :( i've got to push through and do it though